Living +EV. JuiceQuadre vs himself. NL100 rush

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade:

Hello there, so finally i decided to start my own blog. I see new blogs are made every day so i thought to myself: "Why wouldnt i start as well?" Its for sure gonna be +EV (Lets call it Enjoy value =) ), isnt it?

I mean who cares if anyone reads this (please do, please do) Im starting this blog to remind me whats my goal and to keep me on the +EV way ;)

So if you by any mistake actually read this, i shall introduce myself. Im 20 years old student. Living in Czech Republic. Studying Economy. Still living with my parrents and my older brother(-EV), hoping to start living on my own, hopefully moving out during studies. (My parents are cool, but wouldnt it be nice to have own place? :P )
      Currently without a gf (-EV ou yea :/)
      I like sports of all sorts. Like swimming, running, boxing, tenis etc. Im also a lot interested in psychology, altough im a bit lazy to read difficult psychology books.

Anyway why dont we already talk about poker?? My poker career (hahah poker career...) started like a year ago when i for the first time experienced the game. I liked it of course and me and my friends decided to buy chips and since then we play like once a month just small home live tourney 4-7 ppl. Well i started playing online like a 6 months ago? Not sure about the date, but what im sure about is that i lost all money iv every played with. Then i finally got to pokerstrategy.com (that was a damn +EV occurrence for my life). At first i wasnt learning much and i didnt care much about strategy and so i lost my 50$ free capital.. After that i didnt care about poker much, until a month ago. I realized i dont have job, i dont have many hobbies and so i should give it a real try to become regular poker player.
      So i deposited 50$ to Stars and started SSS. Went bad though. Was running very bad and the SSS just didnt seem right. So with like 20$ i started playing BSS NL2 =) and i enjoyed it (although 2$ stacks seemed too low). I got back to 50$ and i tried SSS again, because i wanted to go to NL5 BSS asap. Well again i had horrible bad lucky few days and i ended up down to 30$, thats when i got angry, i deposited another 80$ and started NL5 BSS. Went well for me and today i switched to NL10 with 260$. Today was going well too and im at 295$ right now.

UPDATED:
      Now There is something i would like to share with you. Its this super idea i got just when i woke up.
      Since we all know setting monetary goals is not what we shall go for, and so i dont want to end every post with my BR size number, i thought up something i call Value of Improvement.
      VoI - Souns good heh? :D

Now whats this really about??
      Well, lets see what improves our game
      - Reading articles
      - Watching videos
      - Participating at coachings
      - Posting hands
      - Playing and practicing

And all of this improves our Value of Improvement.
      So
      -Every read or reread article gives me + 2 VoI
      -Every video watched or rewatched gives me +3 VoI
      -Every live coaching gives me +5 VoI
      -Every hand posted and discussed gives me + 1 VoI
      -Every 1000 hands played gives me + 1VoI

Now for my goals:

Updated 2.12.2009.

Current VoI - 1000
      Make about 200 VoI/month steadily.
      Improve mental aspects of the game.
      Move up limits when there is the right time... No rush =)

My longterm goal: Play 100% correct poker with perfect mindset keeping emotions behind. Play some decent limit that would ensure some decent income to live from poker and travel a lot for some time. There is no rush though =)

Wow i wonder if anyone would read such crap :D Thats all for today, Good Luck to all of you.

:spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :spade: :evil:
  • 860 replies
    • imson0ob
      imson0ob
      Bronze
      well I did read it , nice touch of humor. GL at the nl10 tables :)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hello again my massive group of worshipers :D

imson0ob: Thank you, good luck to you as well ;)

So, first 1300 hands of NL10 went quite well... Ok ok it went very well =)

Anyway ill show you:

Im glad da PG(pokergod :D ) was so kind to let me have a upswing when jumping to NL10.. I know i cant stay like that and cant keep that winrate so high, but im actually looking forward to experience some other downswing, so that i can kick his ass so hard he wont come for a looong time after.. :evil: :D

As you can see i started to use Pokertracker3, its a wonderfull software seriously(+EV). It was quite good to actually realize that my SSSing back then was just -4$ expected value to my real -50$ =) I mean i never said SSS is not working, but it feels good that it wasnt so much in my hands..

One more thing, i decided not to post hands here. Just because i know when im going through some blog, the hands are just boring me. Its still the same "Hey look at those bad beats ouch!" (-EV)
      When i post hand its gonna be because its my first huge pot won or etc.
      Of course ill keep posting hands to evaluation forum. Thanks to all judges!

Uf, thats enough for now, im gonna make a tea and maybe have a shorter session before im going to see my friends (+EV)

Cya and good luck to all of you :spade:
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      And Helloooo =)

Uf.. I just finished my night session.. =) Seriously when playing from like 23:00 to 04:00 it seems to be easier to get myself into the right poker flow.. I dont have to change tables that often, im listening to the music, the whole city is sleeping and im playing my best(which is still quite baaaad) =)

No really i still feel like one huge leak.. =) But im gonna improve im telling ya =)

Ah and you wanna see how is my NL10 adventure right?? =)

Pretty good actually.. The downswing havent come yet, i guess he is scared (Well of course he is scared, i mean theres no way hes beating me, because i got mighty ally - BRM hahah :D )

So this is my NL10 adventure so far:

I hope theres gonna be some downswing tomorrow, otherwise its gonna be too boring + i need to practice my mind in beating variance and not caring about downswings.. So plz bring me some downswing, just a little one, so i can experience something new on NL10 and feel stronger than before =)

Anyway, since i havent slept yet, i think im gonna have some sleep for now, since i find that +EV at the moment =)

Good luck to all of you =) And dont take all the downswings for yourselfs, cmon! :D gn
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Wow, my head hurts so much :f_o: :f_o:

I havent played a single hand yesterday, since i slept until 4 p.m. and then i wasnt in da mood and later i went on the party.. Seriously i shouldnt have drinked that much :s_o:

Anyway, yesterday i was think about moving my BR to Everest, to try to grind for bonus there + there are some new bonuses on Everest now.
      But i realized it would take too long since my Moneybookers account is not verified yet etc.
      So i decided to stay at Stars for the moment. + I still feel im ultry leaky so id better focus on improving my play then on bonuses and money etc.

Thats all for now, im probably going swimming witch my friends and some girls (+EV hih) in an hour or so..

Im gonna play later today, so good luck to all of you =)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      So iv played another 1800 hand session tonight and im happy with the results, but not happy with my play, and thats what matters most.

The downswing is not about to come.. I mean really maybe hes trying to beat weaker players and he doesnt dare to attack me :f_biggrin:

As i said im not happy with my play.. Im not doing any stupid or tilting moves or such, but there are still moments where im not really sure if my move was correct.. Im for sure gonna post some hands tomorrow..
      I wanna play 100% correct poker even though im sure NL10 can be beaten with worse play. But well, i need to become strong in basics to be able to build additional skills and abilities which would help me beating higher limits..

I decided right now that tomorrow im gonna focus on draws and reread the arctile(s) about draws, since its still not sure to me when to play aggresively, when to play passively and mainly sometimes i feel i overplay my draw out of position etc. But im sure it will get better with some practice..

Anyway, i really do enjoy the stats, even though im still using just VPIP,PFR and AF. I dont really have many hands on everybody, but its easy to spot a fish and calling stations, also when heads up on the flop i can easily pop up other stats like WTSD and W$SD which seems to be usefull as well..

Thats all from me for now =) I hope you are all enjoying holidays as i do, I wish you all good luck =)

Oh and i could put here my BR size number, like da cool guys in their cool blogs do :D

BR - 370$

Good night PS
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Good morning PS. =)

Oh ye its a morning for me right now.. I know its nor ideal but well... =)

There is something i would like to share with you. =) Its this super idea i got just when i woke up =)
      Since we all know setting monetary goals is not what we shall go for, and so i dont want to end every post with my BR size number, i thought up something i call Value of Improvement.
      :spade: VoI :spade: =) Souns good heh?

Now whats this really about??
      Well, lets see what improves our game
      - Reading articles
      - Watching videos
      - Participating at coachings
      - Posting hands
      - Playing and practicing

And all of this improves our Value of Improvement.
      So

Maybe ill figure something more later, but this is enough for now =) .
      Now lets calculate what my currect VoI can be, since i dont wanna start at total 0.
      -Iv played about 20k hands of BSS.
      -Iv read lets say 40 articles so far.
      -Iv been at one coaching
      -Iv posted lets say 50 hands in forum
      -Iv watched 27 BSS videos so far.

Those numbers are not 100% correct its just to give me my first VoI which im gonna start with.

Current VoI = 236

Ye that looks better then the BR size =)

I think ill put this into my first post as well.
      But now lets put myself some goals for July.

I think 200 VoI gathered in July should be fine, since its more or less the same as the goals iv set for July in my first post.

So my goal for July: Get VoI to 430+

Thats all for now =) Have a nice day PS
    • raun
      raun
      Bronze
      hi mate

i like your idea of setting other goals than just cashing in bonusses and improving your br.

good luck :)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      raun:
      Thanks!=) Iv also checked your blog several times ;)

A little update:
      I havent played a single hand today =) Its funny i feel more like collecting VoI points :D
      No =) of course i was gonna play tonight, but then iv heard my friends are going out to have a beer and come on thats what i call +EV night =)
      (ever tried Czech beer? :P )

So, iv posted 7 hands in the forum today.
      Iv read 2 arcticles today (as promissed i checked the article about draws + i studied the arcticle about bet sizes, since there is also my leak)

So thats +11 VoI today. =) Not bad.

VoI - 247

Good luck to you guys ;)
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hello, JuiceQuadre from Czech, studying Economy!
      I found your blog completely by accident. I dont spend much time (well, any.. :rolleyes: ) but anyway, i took deeper look at your ideas and I gotta admit that it surprised me by it's awesomnesssmile I find it very interesting and honestly, it enriched me! ;)
      Keep up with good work at the tables ( it's the only way how to get my money back, haha )
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hello PS

GooRukYONG: Thanks mate =) Keep up the good work at the tables yourself so we can party more :P

So iv played just like 700 hands yesterday, not doing that great, ending like -1 buy in. Well nothing to worry about =)

Today iv read 2 articles, posted 3 hands and watched one video. Thats +10 VoI for today which is ok.
      Im gonna play later today for sure trying to do my best.
      See you soon =)

VoI - 257
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      wtf is VoI?
      EDIT: dont worry.
      Value of Improvement.
      How do u come up with these values?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      wtf is VoI?
      Value of Improvement.
      Hello =) .

Oh i came up with those values simply by making them up for myself :)
      Do you see any imbalancement(does that word exist? :D ) in those values?=)
      Or am i missing what did you mean?=)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      wtf is VoI?
      Value of Improvement.
      Hello =) .

Oh i came up with those values simply by making them up for myself :)
      Do you see any imbalancement(does that word exist? :D ) in those values?=)
      Or am i missing what did you mean?=)
      Hey.

Oh ok. I just didn't understand where you got them from.
      I think it's ok to put values on experience but I guess you would have to work out some kind of balance between your learnings and make it fair on yourself that you wouldnt have to work to hard or slack off to reach this goal.
      For example as extremes:
      Goal:100
      Read a bronze article: 50 points
      Watch a coaching: 1million points.
      Yayyyy I reached my goal.
      OR
      Goal: 1,000
      Read a silver articles: 3 points
      Watch a NL100 video: 4 points.

If that made sense????
      lol

have you done these kind of values before?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze

Hey.

Oh ok. I just didn't understand where you got them from.
      I think it's ok to put values on experience but I guess you would have to work out some kind of balance between your learnings and make it fair on yourself that you wouldnt have to work to hard or slack off to reach this goal.
      For example as extremes:
      Goal:100
      Read a bronze article: 50 points
      Watch a coaching: 1million points.
      Yayyyy I reached my goal.
      OR
      Goal: 1,000
      Read a silver articles: 3 points
      Watch a NL100 video: 4 points.

If that made sense????
      lol

have you done these kind of values before?

Oh i think i got your point here. =)
      Im sure you didnt miss those in my first post?:

Well of course i cant say that those values are perfect and balanced well. Its a bit of experiment.
      But Well -
      Lets say i would like to play 20k hands in July - 20VoI
      Lets say i would post like 3 hands from every day (lets say i play 20 days in July) - 60VoI
      Lets say im gonna rewatch like 15 videos in July - 45VoI
      And im gonna be at 3 coachings - 15VoI
      And im gonna read like 20 articles - 40VoI
      That makes 180 VoI in July =) I put my goal to 200 VoI in July so i think its quite balanced.

And well the points/specific learing metode is quite balanced as well i think.. The article for sure helps more then one hand posted(well ofc its questionable.. Video is even greater thing i think and coachings are just one at week so...

I mean ofc i could just put my goals like : read one arcticle and watch one video every day
      But collecting those points make it more interesting for me + if i get some feedback here it will push me even more =)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I guess it does balance out well then :)
      Welldone.
      I'll defiently be back to this blog.
      Looks interesting and fun.
      Goodluck.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. =)

justkyle88: Thank you, good luck to you as well.

Uuuuuf i have just finished my night session. Tonight i had interesting experience i need to tell you =) .

I met a real maniac at one table.... He lost 200$ in 200hands =) And he lost 60$ of them to me =) Was wonderfull to be deep at the table with 700 big blinds =) )
      The only thing that im sorry for is that i couldnt concentrate 100% on the other tables because i just had to watch his crazy all ins =) So i didnt play really well today and it wasnt solid poker from me :/

But well, i guess in this case everyone would go for the fish :) I mean learning how to get the most of the maniac can be usefull in the future as well =) ....
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hahaha, should of closed all your tables and asked this maniac to play HU for roll. hehe
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hahaha, should of closed all your tables and asked this maniac to play HU for roll. hehe
      Hehe, ye i was thinking about it actually :D But i dont have so many exp with heads up and i didnt want him to luck me out, so i just waited for my QQ+ and then took his stack every time =) ..
      But later it got quite uncomfortable, since there were 2 other guys who had 600 big blinds and i didnt want to confront them + the guy somehow luck out to 30$ and i didnt feel like loosing 3 buy ins with bad beat against him so i was quite happy he finally left the table =)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      That is fair enough if yopur un-comfortable playing so deep.
      But, being that deep against that kind of opponent aint sch a bad thing because you can just win so much more money from him, hehe.