$2.59
      CO:
      $1.51
      BU:
      $2.34
      SB:
      $2.07

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.31) Q, 5, Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.55) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($0.95) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.95.

I'm not sure if I should have called on the flop. Could I have raised his turn bet?
  • 2 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hello. Raise more preflop for being OOP. Bet/fold flop. As played, you can try check/raising the turn and folding if he 3bets.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

3bet to 3.5x his raise preflop, as you are out of position for the rest of the hand so you need to dissuade him from calling somewhat.

Paired flops make good candidates for continuation betting because it's less likely that your opponent hit something on the flop. C-bet something between 1/2 and 2/3 pot here and fold to a raise.

As played on the flop, unless you have a good read on your opponent and thus a reason to do so, do not float with AK-high out of position even if the price is cheap, as you are gonna have to show weakness by checking to him again on the turn and the river if you don't improve, and chances are he will bet again with whatever he has.

As played on the turn, the only hands that will at least call a raise on that card are probably other Ax and of course Qx. If you make it 3x his bet, the pot is going to be $1.75 and you will only have around 1/3 potsize bet effective stacks left behind. With those odds, you can't fold to a 3bet on the turn and you will have to shove the river for value, because he could still continue with a worse Ax.

Given his line so far i don't think he has either of those hands however, more like some pocket pair he can't let go off until you show strength, so i think you will get a fold on the turn if you raise almost all the time, which makes it not so good a play. I actually like your line, it's weird but it gives him the option to see the showdown with his marginal hand for a good price, because he knows if he calls he won't have to face any more bets later on.

Hope it helps.