Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] nl50 aces up

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
360 Views
excelgeo
Joined: 17.10.2008
Oldschool Grinder

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
[tg]MP2$52.45:///////;MP3(Hero)$21.40:///////;CO$9.25:///////;BU$10.10:///////;SB$32.85:///////;BB$50.00:///////;UTG2$18.50:///////;MP1$10.00:///////;[/tg]
Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:h, Q:c.
3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, CO folds, BU calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($5.75) T:d, 2:d, K:h (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($5.75) Q:h (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BU calls $2.50, SB folds.

River: ($10.75) A:d (2 players)
Hero bets $2.50, BU raises to $5.85(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.25.

i figured that he beats two pair or is very adventurous with AT/AQ

although the pot odds are clearly saying i should call, i thought there is not much point in paying more money than my value bet

any ideas? should i have bet the pot vs 2 opponents?


5 replies
DaPhunk
Joined: 01.03.2008
Elite Grinder

I don't valuebet that river. No worse hand is going to call.

I don't even think we can C/C all hands that called Turn that we beat will happilly go for the free showdown rather than investing a bluff on a Straight/FlushBoard. Am I wrong?


excelgeo Topic starter
excelgeo
Joined: 17.10.2008
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by DaPhunk
I don't valuebet that river. No worse hand is going to call.

I don't even think we can C/C all hands that called Turn that we beat will happilly go for the free showdown rather than investing a bluff on a Straight/FlushBoard. Am I wrong?

no you are not

but i knew he would shove if i checked, thought maybe i can see a cheap sd this way

i think the mistake was the amount that i bet, it would have had the same exact effect if i had bet $1


DaPhunk
Joined: 01.03.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by excelgeo
but i knew he would shove if i checked

Can you please explain why you think that? What range do you think he does that with on this board? As I mentioned above I think hands you beat are happy to go for the free showdown rather than risking on this super dangerous board. It doesn't feel like a good place to bluff to me.

Maybe because its such a bad spot to bluff it would be a Good spot to bluff? Or is that just thinking too deep xD


excelgeo Topic starter
excelgeo
Joined: 17.10.2008
Oldschool Grinder

yeah it is a great spot to bluff and that is why i didnt want him to think that i have completely missed you see. normally if I see a bet like that then i know that this guy is trying to extract more money with a big hand and usually if i have anything decent i call it down only because of pot odds.

if people check the river to me i always bet it. if they bet me i will call it if it is for little money. my huge mistake was that i did not notice that he was short and that i was essentially committing him with only a call. it was a bad bluff for a bluff and a misconcieved value bet.

so you say i should c/f the river right?


burek2000
Joined: 16.11.2007
BlackMember

Hello excelgeo,

without reads or stats I would simply prefer to c/f this hand all the way. You could try to get value out of some draws on the turn, but I would prefer to c/f as this is 3-way pot and you have only second pair.

As played, on the river every draw completed, so no worse hand will call your bet and I don't see many better hands folding to your bet. So, I would just c/f river. Besides, bet/folding doesn't make much sense as opponent has only half potsize left in his stack.

Regards,
burek2000


Share: