This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl50 aces up

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $52.45
      MP3(Hero):
      $21.40
      CO:
      $9.25
      BU:
      $10.10
      SB:
      $32.85
      BB:
      $50.00
      UTG2:
      $18.50
      MP1:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, CO folds, BU calls $1.75, SB calls $1.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($5.75) T, 2, K (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($5.75) Q (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BU calls $2.50, SB folds.

River: ($10.75) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU raises to $5.85(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $13.25.

i figured that he beats two pair or is very adventurous with AT/AQ

although the pot odds are clearly saying i should call, i thought there is not much point in paying more money than my value bet

any ideas? should i have bet the pot vs 2 opponents?
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I don't valuebet that river. No worse hand is going to call.

I don't even think we can C/C all hands that called Turn that we beat will happilly go for the free showdown rather than investing a bluff on a Straight/FlushBoard. Am I wrong?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      I don't valuebet that river. No worse hand is going to call.

I don't even think we can C/C all hands that called Turn that we beat will happilly go for the free showdown rather than investing a bluff on a Straight/FlushBoard. Am I wrong?
      no you are not

but i knew he would shove if i checked, thought maybe i can see a cheap sd this way

i think the mistake was the amount that i bet, it would have had the same exact effect if i had bet $1
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      but i knew he would shove if i checked
      Can you please explain why you think that? What range do you think he does that with on this board? As I mentioned above I think hands you beat are happy to go for the free showdown rather than risking on this super dangerous board. It doesn't feel like a good place to bluff to me.

Maybe because its such a bad spot to bluff it would be a Good spot to bluff? Or is that just thinking too deep xD
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      yeah it is a great spot to bluff and that is why i didnt want him to think that i have completely missed you see. normally if I see a bet like that then i know that this guy is trying to extract more money with a big hand and usually if i have anything decent i call it down only because of pot odds.

if people check the river to me i always bet it. if they bet me i will call it if it is for little money. my huge mistake was that i did not notice that he was short and that i was essentially committing him with only a call. it was a bad bluff for a bluff and a misconcieved value bet.

so you say i should c/f the river right?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hello excelgeo,

without reads or stats I would simply prefer to c/f this hand all the way. You could try to get value out of some draws on the turn, but I would prefer to c/f as this is 3-way pot and you have only second pair.

As played, on the river every draw completed, so no worse hand will call your bet and I don't see many better hands folding to your bet. So, I would just c/f river. Besides, bet/folding doesn't make much sense as opponent has only half potsize left in his stack.

Regards,
      burek2000