Weekly Vote: How Often Do You Use Hand Judging?

• Poll
    • How Often Do You Use Hand Judging?

I post too few hands on the forums
        65%
        I think I post about the right number of hands on the forum
        28%
        I post too many hands on the forums
        8%
      Total: 80 Votes
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hand judging is important because you can get opinions from experienced players about your played hands, which is one of the best ways to improve your play.

Besides answering the question whether you post enough hands to optimise the balance between playing & learning, we'd also like to know from you why you do so if you answer "too few" or "too many".

Don't hold back on criticism - if you think we should improve our part of the hand judging, tell us how! Not everything might be possible, but we'll do our best to make learning poker easier for you.
  • 8 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I post a lot of hands and discuss many hands of other people. I hope I'm not to annoying or making a fool out of me too much. I feel that hand judging is the tool that teaches me the most of all, it's like free experience.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      "i post too few hands" :(
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      I post too many :f_p: wickss79 script allows me to press F5 and have the last played hand hh be saved on a txt file on the desktop, so every hand im not sure of even just a bit I save. about half of them get posted :f_cool:
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I don't really post ... I do analyse with SnGW and Nash calc pretty much dailly, while I also have the good fortune to have a mate ready to help me with any spots that I find particularly tricky.
      However I do try to judge to the best of my ability :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I could easily say I post too many hands and most people would agree, but I think this is necessary in order for me to make faster progress.
      I don't post all my hands because of board constraints(22 new topics a day) and because some days I dont feel like it.

When I'm playing I write down in a notebook notable hands to be posted and the outcome; plus I have a kind of system for identifying pot size. i.e:

AsKd - L

means I lost(L) a small pot(one underline) with AsKd. 2 underlines means a medium pot and 3 means close to a stack. This way its easier to find these hands in Elephant history after the session.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      perhaps more people could post if the convertor worked for titan....at least it doesn't for me..........

going to google for an online convertor and hopefully post some hands
    • TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      I jam it... and if I do not have anything to post I am posting even more... :f_eek:

$3/6Fr:Aa

TTT
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      I Post too few - in relation to what others generally post - however; i like reading every hand - making my own judgement on what the correct play is; and comparing that with the Hand Judge's response, i find that helps a lot :)

Sabo :club: