PokerStrategy.com Reward System Feedback

• 9 replies
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black

Platinium+ Members don't get enough. Silver and Gold members access a lot of good articles, videos and coachings but Platiniums get pretty much nothing for their status. There are few videos and few articles, but that's it. Diamonds have same problem, but they at least are able to earn some money in races etc.
      At the moment Pokerstrategy is excellent for new players, but high-level existing players don't get that much back, so many take their rake elsewhere where they get some extra bonuses on top of pokersite's normal bonuses.

The current jackpot promo is very nice especially for smaller communities, props for that. In english community you have to be Diamond there too to make it into money though.

I'd love to see at least some of these:

- larger rake races (lol at 5000$? PS has 2,000,000+ members even though many of them are not active).

-rake race for each affiliate site each month, prizes depending on how much players play on that particular site previous month.

-more money in Top250 promo, especially to places 50-250.

- Point Shop to buy something nice with strategypoints. I don't mind if it has really bad value, it would just be nice to do something with them. And many small-level players would like them too as their points would be worth something too even though they can't make it to higher status.

- I don't like freerolls, really not worth of the time. They are nice for bronze, silver and gold members I guess.

- More high-level videos, having Jonathan Little is good start.

- More material in English.

-Better first deposit bonuses/bonuses overall. I remember that when I created some of first my accounts through Pokerstrategy, I got above average first deposit bonus (For example you had 100$ first deposit bonus for Pokerstars when everyone else had 50$).

- More Omaha content. There are not much Omaha content available anywhere, so you could pioneers there.

-I'd rather have more money in promotions than have a BlackMember parties, but that's just me.
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      I'd like to see some kind of strategy point bonus for TAF signups. Or a way to buy strat points with money earned from TAF. I've got accounts at all the good sites so I cant retrack any of the accounts I play on and I'll be buggered if I'm giving any money to titan (the site I got my PS bonus from)
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey Anssi,

thanks for your feedback and sorry for us coming back so late to it.

Originally postedy Anssi

Platinium+ Members don't get enough. Silver and Gold members access a lot of good articles, videos and coachings but Platiniums get pretty much nothing for their status. There are few videos and few articles, but that's it. Diamonds have same problem, but they at least are able to earn some money in races etc.
      At the moment Pokerstrategy is excellent for new players, but high-level existing players don't get that much back, so many take their rake elsewhere where they get some extra bonuses on top of pokersite's normal bonuses.
      Even though our primary goal is to offer great education, we also want you to have not a single disadvantage by tracking through PokerStrategy.com.

This means that our credo is that you should get no better deal anywhere for any of our poker rooms.

This of course only counts for the poker rooms we offer - but I'm pretty much convinced that our choice of poker rooms is perfekt for 95%+ of all players on any limit.

Example: we want to make sure you have the best deposit bonus and also the best VIP system at our partners.

A more detailed explanation on our bonus policy will be coming soon!

The current jackpot promo is very nice especially for smaller communities, props for that. In english community you have to be Diamond there too to make it into money though.
      Compared to RU or DE, the English local promo is comparably soft.

I'd love to see at least some of these:

- larger rake races (lol at 5000$? PS has 2,000,000+ members even though many of them are not active).
      In recent months, we ramped up rake races heavily.

But you always have to consider that we already offer the best rakeback / VIP percentages plus our $100k monthly promotion.

-rake race for each affiliate site each month, prizes depending on how much players play on that particular site previous month.
      Not all poker rooms allow rake races - and we even think they are right with that.

If affiliates can enter a price war with rake races / on-top-promotions, they will have big incentives to fight over the existing VIP players instead of bringing in new players. In the end of the day, we all can only win the money new players brings in - so an inflationary price war is not good especially if you're a big winner.

But that topic will be extensively covered in our general promotions statement coming soon!

-more money in Top250 promo, especially to places 50-250.
      Won't happen as we're already basically breaking the "no additonal rakeback" clause of big sites such as PartyPoker and PokerStars.

Our goal is to be the best poker school and level the best other affiliates in terms of monetary incentives - but not surpass them and thus trigger an inflationary and damaging price war.

- Point Shop to buy something nice with strategypoints. I don't mind if it has really bad value, it would just be nice to do something with them. And many small-level players would like them too as their points would be worth something too even though they can't make it to higher status.
      The compensation for StrategyPoints is..
      1. the status - just for recent SP
      2. the Elephant
      3. the Black Member status

It is highly unprobable we will ad something on top - we just cannot finance that. You need to see that besides giving the best monetary incentives, we have a large cost structure to finance content, services and of course the $50 most of us started playing with. We are not a rakeback affiliate who does not spend a single cent outside having a simple website with bonus codes.

- I don't like freerolls, really not worth of the time. They are nice for bronze, silver and gold members I guess.
      Understand that well - and we will not focus heavily on freerolls.

- More high-level videos, having Jonathan Little is good start.
      Very good point!
      Indeed we need to improve our coaching videos in English by far - and this is a big focus for our 7 head education team for the second half of 2009.

- More material in English.
      Same here!

-Better first deposit bonuses/bonuses overall. I remember that when I created some of first my accounts through Pokerstrategy, I got above average first deposit bonus (For example you had 100$ first deposit bonus for Pokerstars when everyone else had 50$).
      Whereever possible, we do that - e.g. with Mansion etc.

But it is understandable if a poker room does not allow that - as it again might trigger an unhealthy price war between affiliates.

- More Omaha content. There are not much Omaha content available anywhere, so you could pioneers there.
      Won't be top priority - but we will improve there, too!
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Hello

I have a similar view to Anssi, I understand that compared to the standard affiliate model PS has alot more overheads as you have to pay for articles, coaches etc and so you can't compete in raw promotions such as rake races with other affils and due to this i have come to the point where PS doesn't really offer me anything anymore.

I am still paying for other subscription coaching sites (which i actually find more beneficial for me), I am in limbo for the top 250 promotion where i can't break into it and even if i do who cares the money is nominal and i have actually worked out that by being tracked to PS it is costing me $800 a month which is 25% of my income.

Not trying to sound ungrateful but is it possible for PS to drop their affiliate tag on one of my poker accounts?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      the difference in the english content from gold to platin is a joke. The german platinums can watch all the 215$ and even some 500-1000$ MTT vids, while we can't even watch 215$ in the english

so platin is pretty much worthless to an sng/mtt player
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      the difference in the english content from gold to platin is a joke. The german platinums can watch all the 215$ and even some 500-1000$ MTT vids, while we can't even watch 215$ in the english

so platin is pretty much worthless to an sng/mtt player
      there are $215 mtt session reviews for gold on german. while the last gold mtt video here was $11.

kind of a big gap isn't it?
    • Ensyfer
      Ensyfer
      Bronze
      More material for English community would be a nice addition, indeed. On the other hand, you can still watch german videos. I am aware that most do not understand german but on the other hand german poker terminology is similar to english since those basic words raise/fold/limp/equity/fish... are used by german players too.

I would also like to point out, that English community has a great potential even though it can not be compared to german. And therefore it would be really nice if you could offer a better reward system to gold/platin members.

Best Regards,
      E
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

@ihufa, Ensyfer, alejandrosh; The German community is a lot older than English one and draws on a large memberbase of experienced and skilled players that produce this high amount of MTT content that is offered there. Nonetheless we have been drastically increasing our own output of MTT material and even brought in external producers such as Jonathan Little.

The status levels for release levels are, or at least should be the same for German and English, and Gold level $215 MTT videos are certainly not the norm. I will forward the thread to our video team, who is responsible for deciding on the status levels, but Nazgul $109 MTT videos are set for platin here as well, and the $215 by Nazgul would also be on platin in English - if the German ones are platin. The only Diamond MTT videos we currently have are the Jonathan Little ones - which are also Diamond for German members.

@csnmf: It is not simply a matter of not participating in raw promotions due to our large overhead (which we of course also carry) but also a matter that Xantos already brought up; Not all poker rooms allow rake races - and this is not necessarily a bad thing.

If affiliates can enter a price war with rake races / on-top-promotions, they will have big incentives to fight over the existing VIP players instead of bringing in new players. In the end of the day, we all can only win the money new players brings in - so an inflationary price war is not good especially if you're a big winner.

Nonetheless we have been extending our "on top" offerings - such as rake races extensively in the recent past - and have been offering regular races at sites that do allow them. For players like you that are on the brink of the getting into the Top250 we now have the local jackpot races where a high ranking in the English community itself will give you rewards even if you aren't actually in the Top250. Combined with essentially at least the best VIP offerings that our partner sites legally offer - being tracked through us (not even considering the educational material) is a +EV decision for the dominant majority of players.

If you want to talk about details of your situation though, feel free to contact me on skype and I can see how I can help.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Thanks for answers. Btw Xantos, I enjoy your blog. Just no more strip poker, please.

One more thing; I think videos are a lot more useful and enjoyable than coachings. They are so much more flexible and better for you too in a way that they reach a lot larger audience. I also can't take part in coachings unless I have certain poker accounts and/or am on my own computer because you need the software installed.