Weekly Vote: durrrr's Live Challenge

• Poll
    • How will durrrr handle the live challenge?

He will win most of them because he's durrrr
        59%
        He will get his money back by going heads-up vs. Hellmuth
        25%
        High stakes is break even so he won't win or lose anything
        9%
        He will lose most of them because he can't multitable over there
        7%
      Total: 125 Votes
  • 19 replies
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      durrrr = God

'nuff said
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by Alexd10
      PA = God

'nuff said
      FYP

He will probably win though, he's a lot better than most.
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      Durrr is shockingly good live aswell :D

my fav hand is when he 4 bet the professor on HIghStakes poker with something like 6/8o and ended up winning a $150K Pot with 8s ..

:D

I Hope He Beats the Trunks off Full Flush

Sabo :club:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      +1 to PA = God

As of Durrrr, depends on whom will he be playing, but i expect him to come off as winner.

Would be really cool to see him vs FF live, even more cool if FF would berate him live too.

EDIT: Oh and i really don't expect Hellmuth to play him, he's sh*tting bricks when see Durrrr.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      durrrr vs FullFlush would definitely be interesting.

who is PA???

Everyone who watches poker on TV should just try hard to needle phil hellmuth into playing durrrr. That rematch would also be epic. :s_cool:
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      Helmuth is a MUST. I want to hear his lectures of how dumb durrrr is by going all in with pocket tens :f_p:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      durrr is very comfortable live, he's been playing at bobby's room for ages now
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jackalof
      Helmuth is a MUST. I want to hear his lectures of how dumb durrrr is by going all in with pocket tens :f_p:
      isn't poker tens almost "the nuts" heads up preflop
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      Originally posted by Jackalof
      isn't poker tens almost "the nuts" heads up preflop
      yeah, poker tens can only be beaten by higher poker or straight flush/royal flush

[x] they will get durrred
    • Dendra
      Dendra
      Bronze
      errrm durrrr is a beast in live poker, have you seen his HU vs PA in aussie million 2009? he made some sick, sick lay downs in more than a few tricky situations - most people would lose a lot more if put in same situations.

i mean hellmuth folds his hand in god knows what match and omg it's like "the god has made a miracle fold, so sick" - and dwan minimized his losses in that HU vs patrick in like every hand :D DD
    • MrJohnAce
      MrJohnAce
      Bronze
      Well, Durrrr is an amazing player! And he's also doing quite good in the Online Challenge, but online he has three other tables to fall back on after he's lost his stack on one of the four tables. He doesn't have that option when playing live. I'm not saying he won't be able to pull this challenge off, I just think it'll be slightly different than what he's used to. I might be wrong, but he doesn't play HU live all that often, does he?

I haven't read the "terms and conditions" yet, so I don't exactly know what he's offering, but I believe he'll come out on top, but might not win all the other players... most probably 3/4 of them.

Nevertheless, it's going to be really exciting! The Durrrr Challenge turned out to be quite boring and it takes way too long! I don't even know what's going on there anymore.

I wonder if The Big Papa will ever take on Tom in one of his challenges...
    • GustoMaina
      GustoMaina
      Bronze
      First, I'm a Durrrr's fan...

Second, I don't think he can beat Phill. Reason - watch the National HU Championship 2009 - Phill said he got him studied, Phill didn't made a single mistake against Durrrr, he made the right bluffs, the right lay downs, he got Durrrr totally dominated. (at least the hands they show on TV :)
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      LOL i cant vote cause there is no option that he will loose... some sick vote all chearing up for luckbox and a sucker at poker table. Go get durrred yourself i doubt you cheer for suckers at your tables.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      who is PA???
      Patrik Antonius
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GustoMaina

Second, I don't think he can beat Phill. Reason - watch the National HU Championship 2009 - Phill said he got him studied, Phill didn't made a single mistake against Durrrr, he made the right bluffs, the right lay downs, he got Durrrr totally dominated. (at least the hands they show on TV :)
      sample size = 1
      would be interesting to see 100k hands heads up between them though.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black

i understand you reasoning, except you'Re ignoring one point: phil hellmuth has the poker understanding of a breakeven NL50 reg at best.
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe

i understand you reasoning, except you'Re ignoring one point: phil hellmuth has the poker understanding of a breakeven NL50 reg at best.
      hahaha

[X] best post of the thread so far
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      he will venture into the live poker area where he is not exactly comfortable
      What do you base that on?
      How is he not a massive favorite against anyone?

btw, I don't get so many people seem to think there's *anything* about live poker that an online winner wouldn't master.. am I missing something?
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Originally posted by vhallee
      he will venture into the live poker area where he is not exactly comfortable
      What do you base that on?
      How is he not a massive favorite against anyone?

btw, I don't get so many people seem to think there's *anything* about live poker that an online winner wouldn't master.. am I missing something?
      I base that on his experience and the amount of online poker vs amount of live poker he played so far. The statement is in no way suggesting that he is a bad live player, but he is more known for his online endeavours.