Weekly Vote: What is the weakest part of your game?

• Poll
    • What is the weakest part of your game?

Exploiting opponents (Reads, Tells, Hand Ranges)
        41%
        Personal management (Time, Bankroll and Tilt Management)
        38%
        Mathematics (Odds, Outs, Equity Calculations)
        14%
        My game is perfect, I'm just unlucky
        7%
      Total: 216 Votes
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Poker is not an easy game to master. It takes a lot of time, diligence and patience to become a really good player. You've read our strategy articles, attended the coaching sessions, watched training videos everyday but there is always more room for improvement.

Every player has his or her own strengths and weaknesses, and it is important for you to be able to identify your own. By finding out your own weaknesses, you will then be able to focus on them and try to make adjustments to your play.

Do you know what are your weaknesses? What are the areas that you will like PokerStrategy.com to help you improve on? Take part in our weekly poll and share your story.
  • 23 replies
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      I have serious problems with loosing .. Sometimes I cannot stand a loosing session, so just play on and on .. Sometimes I make it to +, sometimes I do not .. I just cannot cope with the thing, that having a loosing day is part of the game .. Just laughing at my self when I see that durrrr is -$1m for a month and I cannot stand a loosing day ..

Any help with it ?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      I need an option that says 'My game is perfect and I'm lucky' :f_love:
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Personal management. I just can't help it, I have to play 15 tables at once and do badly instead of playing 6 and pwning the game.
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      Ohh come on dont let me be the only one :f_cool:
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      I hate my mediterranean blood because no matter how much I like to think I'm in control... I'm always prone to mad mad tilt and throwing everything I learned about poker out the window (including BRM) whenever I get a few sick beats in succession. Sometimes I wish I were Scandinavian.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      unlucky + poker boring me right now ... so im not 100% focused on play
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by miskokvo
      unlucky + poker boring me right now ... so im not 100% focused on play
      Sick grinding brings such feelings I guess :-) Had them playing SuperTurbos on FTP and I played far far smaller amount .. You just need a holiday, you are a sick sick grinder :-)
    • AlcopopDK
      AlcopopDK
      Bronze
      im familiar with AugustusCaesar's statement about having a hard time having a loosing session/day.

even though my bankroll is fine for my level i find small downswings hard to handle. i know downswings (small or big) are a part of the game but my ego can't handle it.

another topic is when to value bet with semistrong hands. here's an example from the other day:

call with 1010 in position flop is jack high and villian is c-betting. in this situation i flat called him (for value since i didnt believe he had a jack)
      turn is blank and he bets again. i call again (maybe not the right move here since it doesn't help me find out if im beaten)
      river is blank and he checks...
      to valuebet or not to valuebet - that is the question...?

thx in advantage...
      AlcopopDK
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Calculating complex odds without a calculator in under 15 seconds without telling him my hand.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Does anybody calculates in probabilities? Just a curiosity of mine... because i don't know why but i just hate the other way around. For example let's say flushdraw and OESD on the turn i have 20%+ 2*8%=36% to win. Any out multiplied by 4 on the flop and by 2 on the river to get the percentage.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andreibalint
      Does anybody calculates in probabilities? Just a curiosity of mine... because i don't know why but i just hate the other way around. For example let's say flushdraw and OESD on the turn i have 20%+ 2*8%=36% to win. Any out multiplied by 4 on the flop and by 2 on the river to get the percentage.
      I do.

So OESD = 8 outs x 2 = 16 + 1 = 17% on turn x 2 = 34% on river.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I got a problem with letting go of strong hands, even if I'm virtually sure I'm beat. This is more applicable to small/middle pots where I can't lay down 2nd best hand because I keep thinking the opponent might be bluffing. A big leak in my game that I can't plug properly.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Agreed with the above :(

The worst hand for me to let go off is AK, I just can't do it, I played yesterday and just kept on calling this guy throughout even though by the river the best I had was A high :( I just couldn't do it.
    • curtis630
      curtis630
      Bronze
      Tilt kills me. I go on a losing streak and i start to get this sick little laugh, my temples twitch and the next thing i know i am in the hospital and people are standing around me asking if i am ok. All joking a side if i could get my anger under control my roll and my part time poker career would be much bigger.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Judging Hand Ranges. But Also Time Management. I hardly ever play nowadays.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      should add "studying" as an option imo. I play too much, don't take enough time to watch videos, let alone review my own sessions.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      should add "studying" as an option imo. I play too much, don't take enough time to watch videos, let alone review my own sessions.
      +1 toughest part of the process IMO.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      studying is overrated imo :D
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      Tilt managment sometimes. "What the hell, I don't care any more I call/push!" - sort of thing. Sad to say, but I think that's the biggest reason I'm not winning as much as I should be able to. Luckly I've improven in this part lately. Good thing I'm a BRM-nit :)

I also have to stop giving people so much credit for a big hand.