Female Coaches?

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      This is a large community with lot's of superb coaching staff, but I don't seem to be able to find any female coaches ( I am in the English section). Is there any particular reason for this? I just thought that we must have many female players and they may prefer a female coaching them. I don't know, it's just a thought.
  • 18 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Everybody knows that girls don't go to the interwebz.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I always thought TerrorBlade was a chick - sorry - female coach with a deep voice and a sexy accent?
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      It'd be vaguely interesting to know how many of the top members here are women.

You can't have a woman coach if there are no women who want to run the coaching.

p.s. Lets keep this thread unsexist. But it is still true that far less women play poker than men. At least amongst my friends I find that the guys are all like "OMG poker is cool." and the gals are generally like "How do you play cards? Whats a flush?". They just don't seem interested.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey gadget51,

I quite like the idea ^^, but i think there is simply no females interested in being coaches in the english community. I beleive there is one female coach in another community (i cant remember which xD ) but PokerStrategy isnt sexist ;) If any females are interested in coaching then dont hesitate to work your way through the hand evaluation boards etc.

But anyway we have got Gerv and Tribun and Terrorblade right ^^? The all sound remotely like girls :P Joking ofc :f_biggrin:

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Wha? PokerStrategy doesn't have an affirmative action plan/policy? :P
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Vargan is secretly 23, a women and from America.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Who cares if it's male or female, we are here not to find a sex partner.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      you should know better. in the internet the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents :f_cool:
    • Ratatuj
      Ratatuj
      We have a female coach for the DoN coachings in the Russian community :s_love:
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I was actually considering to become a coach in the Swedish community for SSS, that was until I realized it would drive me crazy to focus on SSS :rolleyes:
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Damn... I'm in the wrong forum!! I thought it was DateStrategy.com!
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Do you always think that when females are mentioned, sex is the topic?

This thread deals with female representativity within the ranks of PS coaches. Now GTFO!

:P :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ejeckt

This thread deals with female representativity within the ranks of PS coaches. Now GTFO!

:P :D
      I just see no reason why there should be any difference for someone who coaches male, female or shemale as long as he/she/it does his/her job well.

And you are nothing to order me what to do so if you want someone to GTFO u might do the same as well.
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Ah no worries, wasn't serious anyway. Just doing some trolling :P
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      What about Black/Jewish/Asian/Native American/Aborigine/Latino coaches? It seems like most of (or is it all) the coaches here are white.

What about GLBT coaches? Do we have those?

What about Transsexual/Hermaphrodite coaches?
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      It is pretty ridiculous that people love to bring gender into everything. I would prefer to have a coach that communicates effectively and has a passion for poker than someone who has been recruited as a token female.

That said, if I liked a particular person's postings and valued their insight, I would contact and hire them regardless of whether they are male of female. I would even hire them if they had ambiguous genitilia or were a little of both.

Is anyone else sick of people going around looking for sexism where it doesn't exist?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ejeckt

yes, welcome to the internet :f_cool:
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Well what % of players at this site are females? I can think of pokerQT purplefizz & another one I can't remember atm not to mention many probably just want to remain anonymous.

This is out of hundreds/thousands at the english community so if you said like 10% are female then there should be ~1 coach per 10 in total :P

Maybe an admin can check gender stats to get a less stab-in-the-dark look at the breakdown.