Zooming to 1kNL 2015

• ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hi there guys!
      I wanted to start my own blog for quiet some time, but everytime i thought the time is right, i made some silly tilting mistake so i decided to postpone it till my mindset will improve to some stable state.

My name is Tomas, Im from Czech Republic, 20years old, starting to study Uni this year.. Since i am not certain about what i like or what would i like to do in future i am going to attend 2 universities for some short period of time and then decide which one is better.. One is standard, Economy.. and the second one is Politology and International studies... I am not interested in politics, though. I got to the school by fluke, but since its kinda famous Uni, i wanna try out and see what its about.

What do i like ? I like sports, especially football, squash, tennis.. I love poker .. and i love asian countries heh .. ( if u d like to hear more bout that, i have buuuuuunch of staff to talk about, hehe :P ) My poker history... I started to play poker.. wow, like .. mby 2 years ago... but it was just trying out wif free capitals from different websites, lol, its embarassing.. We bought poker chips n cards with my friend ( JuiceQuadre - u might know him ) and some other guys.. We've really been enjoying it so few of us tried our luck on FTP with PS starting capital. At first I was playing SNG's and MTT's sometimes. After few weeks i hit heater which resulted in my addiction for poker. I thought its so easy that i might be doing milions of $ on monthly basis. Anyway, of course after heater u get a downswing and I lost all - didnt follow BRM obviously.

Then after some time I was bored at home and discovered that PS sent me rakebact like 30$ to FTP. I didnt really want to play, cuz I was scared I ll get hurt at the end again.. So i played 2 sngs, reached 56$ and played 50+5$ FR SNG ( cool BRM,right? ). I dont really understand how it happened, but the heater came again and eventhough i didnt have skills, i managed to make like 700$ that evening. I imediately withdrew it and said byebye to online poker with happy feelings. Of course I kept playing every now and then, but mainly for fun. After graduating fron Gymnasium, i had so much free time, that i started playing again on regular basis.. But again I was playing SNGs, which has high variance. Cuz i didnt study anything about poker so I wasnt aware of anything like variance, so after 2 months of heavy grinding I was almost breakeven.

Then the most important thing of my life happened. My best friend , JuiceQuadre started playing cashgame, using PS as his teacher. He studied a lot and made a huge progress in no time. I started to follow his lead, ( i didnt really follow BRM at the beggining) - started with like 50USD on nl10, lol .. But I was determined to quit trying if it wouldnt work out.. Anyway... it did..

Then i got the biggest bonus on the FTP, didnt clear it all, though. And now I am grinding nl20 at Mansion. I was using PokerTracker on FTP, but then my trial expired, so i dont have graphs from there.. And when i was trying to created it in Elephant, i dont know actually what, but i screwed something and the erased database and the hands.. LOL ... sorry for that So, now I have just Mansion results.. I m there like 8 days... so...

And for the end.. I am going to follow JuiceQuadre invention .. ( The VoI staff..hope he doesn't mind :P ) Soooo.. VoI so far : 225 ----------------------------------------------------------
  • 2048 replies
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hi buddy!

I obviously feel honoured to be mentioned, but meh.. Im just a :f_p: so far =)

Btw if you guys are curious, we know each other like for 14 years now. So i say as long as we are both alive, we are not quitting poker =)

Anyway, i believe its all about the right mindset and attitude. Suckouts will keep coming.. Higher limits will be harder and harder.. But we can make it ;)

VoI obviously rulez :D So feel free to use it ;)
    • radyan111
      radyan111
      Bronze
      Hi GooRukYONG and greetings from Poland ;)

I saw JuiceQuadre making some nice progress here so he's definately a good person to follow and learn with ;) . Keep us updated about your play, I'll try to keep an eye on your blog :) .
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Thank you guys for welcoming me :P

I will certainly try to take care about this blog and keep u updated.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Sooo.. today was my first day at Uni .. kinda sucked, cuz i had to wake up early after loong time of sleepin' till noon... then i had to wait 3hours at starbucks, cuz of loong lunch break.. which wasnt totally useless.. I read some PS articles which i had printed few days ago.. I think i made 5.. not rapid pace, but u have to take into consideration that I WAS SO FCKING TIRED! :) ...
      well, then i fell asleep like 17 times during 3 hours long LAW lessons..

(Why on God damn world do they want me to study law, while i want to be economist ?)

Anyways, after looong 11 hours at Prague I was seriously looking forward to my sweet poker palace on my bed and getting to play some session..

It didn't reallly go well as usually, but that happens sometimes...
      U never hit, all cbets get 3-bets, all raises get reraises.. Noone wanna play against you when u have the nuts .. ( a fish guy playing 68/0/4 after 60hands fold preflop when i had aces..that made my day :) )

Of course when sthing like this happens, its hard to keep focused and evaluate every hand perfectly, so you make some mistakes u obviously wouldnt do..
      I feel pretty ashamed while checking through HandHistory.. But anyways I'm gonna share it with you and I hope It will at least make you laugh..
      I feel like such a fish now..

Soooo...

Known players:
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands

24 - 25 12 42 100 50 28 43 0 - 3
      BB: $24,92 UTG1: $38,46 MP2: $14,52 Hero: $23,26
      1,5 50 57 42 4,3 40 29 50 3,7 40 36 35

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Ah, Ks
      UTG folds, UTG1 calls $0,20, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,20, Hero raises to $1,20, 3 folds, BB calls $1,00, UTG1 calls $1,00, MP2 calls $1,00.

Flop: ($4,90) Ac, 7c, Jd (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, MP2 bets $2,45, Hero raises to $6,20, BB raises to $23,72 (All-In), UTG1 folds, MP2 raises to $13,32 (All-In), Hero raises to $22,06 (All-In).

Turn: ($64,00) 7h
      River: ($64,00) Kh (1 players)

Final Pot: $64,00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings (Ah Ks)
      BB shows four of a kind, sevens (7d 7s)
      MP2 shows two pairs, aces and sevens (Ad 8h)

BB wins with four of a kind, sevens (7d 7s)

What can i say about the hand.. UTG1 and MP2 were super fishy ..
      (UTG actually sucked someone like 2 hands before with 7c Jd on Ah Kd 2d .. they went broke on the flop, the other guy had AK..)
      (MP2 actually lost like 3stacks on complete rubbish during like 60hands i played there .. so .. )
      I was really happy to play these two guys
      (I didnt have any special read on the BB guy, but since he was kinda loose so i thought.. i really dunno what did i think..)

Anyways.. On the flop i wanted to push the other guys away and play for fish's stack.. but the BB had other idea.. Well, honestly, i was quite certain he has the 77, or even AJ.. but i wasn't strong enough to find the fold..

And.. the other hand ...

Known players:
      vp$ip BBvsSteal ORL RaisePreflop
      Position: Stack
      AF W$SD WTS hands
      67 100 43 25
      Hero: $20,18 BU: $18,53
      2,9 35 59 63

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, BU raises to $1,40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($3,10) Td, 7h, 8c (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,20, Hero raises to $2,00, BU calls $1,80.

Turn: ($7,10) 6d (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,20, Hero calls $1,20.

River: ($9,50) 9d (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,80, Hero calls $3,80.

Final Pot: $17,10

Hero shows a straight, ten high (Th Ts)
      BU shows a straight, jack high (Js 8d)

BU wins with a straight, jack high (Js 8d)

I dont really want to comment this.. its so stupid.. I got scared on the turn and decided to play way ahead/way behind.. But I have no idea why i decided to call the river, while it was ONLY for split, which of course wouldnt happen often enough to justify the call... Guess I was blinded ( " I floped fcking top set !!! ") ... such a childish play..

So, im gonna take shower now, and maybe start another session If i ll good feeling
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Ouukeyyyy.. So, yesterday i went to some party with my mates, but.. the club was overcrowded and we didnt manage to get in.. LOL ... so.. we had some beers and went back home.. Me and JuiceQuadre decided that we should skip the school today and grind all day instead .. So, he's just here at my place, and we gonna start grinding at 1PM .. Hope it will be cool to grind together and we ll have some fun ..

So. that's all for now.. Oh, yeah.. one more important thing.. JQ just went to take a dump..
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Yea it was awesome =) I feel so free now =) ......... :D

Oh my.. Im gonna have to flame him hard later... =)

So yea its true today is grinding day.. No school.. We got the coke and we are ready to rock =)

Im gonna update through the day to keep you guys updated, so maybe this blog wont be so worthless anymore :tongue:

Wish us luck ;)
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      So wev just finished first session.. About 850 hands.. No sick downs or coolers so its going quite well =)

Aaaand we are hungry right now, right?

So its a pizza time! Ship it!

• PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      OOH Can I get a slice ............... I WANT IT :f_o:
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerRoad
      OOH Can I get a slice ............... I WANT IT :f_o:
      Sure, if you can make it to Czech Rep. to Slaný City in 1 hour.. =)
    • PokerRoad
      PokerRoad
      Bronze
      :f_mad:
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      So, we ve finished our pizza and lasanga and we r ready for next session.. hope it ll go as well as first one..
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Wow =) So we played like ~2500 hands so far .. We both ended up so it was a good day =)

The bad news is we didnt learn anything today :D But well..
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Lol you are the bad guy who make JuiceQuadre skipped school :s_mad: !

Lol nice doing :D !

Snif i'm envious me too want to do these sessions with friends but no one want to gamble T_T They all think it is a scammed :s_frown:
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Heh, we re planning to go to Mauritius on holidays when we ll have bankroll high enough.. so then we ll can make poker days all together ;) :f_cool:

and btw.. it's not hard to make JQ skipp school :D
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG

and btw.. it's not hard to make JQ skipp school :D
      Hah .. so true .. =)
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Lool ok will wait for both of you :D !

Or will come see both of you in some years like 10 xD ?

Lol and i thought JQ was a serious guy and wanted to take him like model T_T WIll take him like model and skip my tuition today :D Jk jk xD
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Oh wait! I am a serious guy =) I just seriously think i dont have to be in school every day =)
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hello... Y-day, at the end of grinding day i decided that i want to reach 10k hands this week as well.. Today, i decided that i want to do even more .. haha.. since i ve got 4k already in 2 days period and i still want to play more tonite..

Well.. today i was facing some sick variance .. Would be total disaster day if i wouldnt get lucky in 2 points, got nuts n run into fish who wanted to bluff me for whole stack.. Y-day i wasnt really hitting sets, so i hoped it would improve today.. well, it did, i had set several times, not once won a stack though.. I managed to loose 1,5 though .. Which was.. yeah.. i like that...

Known players: (?)

30 50 30 14
      UTG1: $81,59
      1,2 60 23 77

Hero: $21,72

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4, 4
      UTG folds, UTG1 raises to $0,70, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,70, 4 folds.

Flop: ($1,70) 4, A, 6 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1,40, UTG1 calls $1,40.

Turn: ($4,50) A (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $3,60, UTG1 calls $3,60.

River: ($11,70) Q (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $16,02 (All-In), UTG1 calls $16,02.

Final Pot: $43,74

Hero shows a full-house, fours full of aces (4h 4c)
      UTG1 shows a full-house, aces full of queens (As Qd)

UTG1 wins with a full-house, aces full of queens (As Qd)

That guy was so freakin lucky.. heh .. won 2stacks while calling preflop 3bet with 84s and floped quads.. the other two fullstacks went broke with QQ, KK respectively.. sick

what is a great + is, that i didnt tilt, i kept being focused even there were many spots when i got sucked out so hard.. so.. hopefully, i ll manage to find some hot seats and get the lost money back.. :D
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hi =)

I hope you had good day after all =) .. But since you didnt tilt it was already good day when you posted =) I mean variance can strike hard, but we should feel well about the day if we played correctly and didnt tilt at all =)

Im looking forward to the grinding weekend =)