Skip to forum
Zooming to 1kNL 201...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Zooming to 1kNL 2015

2,049 Posts
133 Users
4 Reactions
218.9 K Views

Originally posted by GooRukYONG
Yesterday i was still fine about it knowing that this happens sometimes, but today i am complete hopeless.. I feel i play well, when i actually get the money in ahead it usually doesnt get back to me.. I really feel very bad .. Running -5BI over 7k hands.. its so sick ..

Yea I know the feeling it happens to everyone, you know what the secret to getting past it is... as long as you are able to play your A game you should be putting in hands because eventually you'll be on the other side of the coinflips and such. Anyways nice blog hope to see more updates.


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by KidPokersKid

Yea I know the feeling it happens to everyone, you know what the secret to getting past it is... as long as you are able to play your A game you should be putting in hands because eventually you'll be on the other side of the coinflips and such. Anyways nice blog hope to see more updates.

Thanks man!
Yeah, i know i will be better in time.. I mean.. I always knew that there are downswings and such in poker and always thought i was ready to face it. Suppose I l have to work on my mindset.. (I actually am waiting for "Mindset" book which i bought in FullTilt store.. hope it ll come soon n ll help me)


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Muhaha.. Okay then..

I am back on track.. Just had sick +6BI session, resulting in being +1BI for the week .. But most importantly recovering my confidence and joy from playing.
Well.. its after 8,3k hands, so the winrate is sick 1,2ish .. But at least im happy its GREEN again.
Really sick though.. 7,5k hands running bad and then winning all back in just 800 hands.. Feels good, but it's wierd

Hope that from tmr everything will get back to normal (at least for some time)

Wish u guys good night


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Helloo Ps.com!

First of all - This is going to be lil long post, so if u have to be somewhere in half hour, just dont bother reading n go surf through another blog..

Why its gonna be long ? For simple reasons.. It's sunday, so basic weekly update is coming + .. as i started to play on like 11th September.. It's been month.. so Im gonna add monthy review as well.. Ok, that would be for starters, lets get down..

So.. My week:
As I posted here, I was facing some ugly variance during mo, tue, wed n half of thursday.. Anyway.. Poker is amazing game, Thursday evening i had amazing +100 session n got back on track.. Everything went on till that and today i am rather happy with this week.
Eventhough i didnt feel good during the downswing, I now realize that it was good thing for me. Because I learned how to better evaluate hands strenght. I learned how to fold .. which of course is good n im happy about that.
I hope I improved my mindset as well. I felt really bad on thursday afternoon, but as I can see today everything is possible in poker, so there will be downswings as well as upswings, and i cant change it. So its better not to care about it. I hope next time I ll be having downswing I ll feel better about it.

I made some Voi this week, so I should update that:
I read 6articles, watched 5videos and 15k hands I think.. so.. thats 349 VoI for me
here'S the graph :

So, despite the fact that i had 5BI downswing, it was the best week for me so far. So .. Everything bad is good for something :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's talk in wider scale.
I started to play poker at mansion on 13th September, so It has been a month of poker for me already.. wow the time flew by so fast..
So.. I had pretty sick volume I guess.. Made over 50k hands, which is basicaly 100hours of poker... which is sthing like Half-time job in Czech republic.. heh..
When I look back, I dont think I played that much thoug.. I think if that i can manage to play 40-50k hands every month, and I am certainly going to try.
Ok, so since it was 1st month I would be satisfied with being in green.. Which I was.. As I m checking the results now I am scared of myself, cuz it overrides my wildest dreams..
Let's just see what are we talking abut here :

+ I made $220 from the Mansion bonus, so all together Its $920.. Which is really sick. I cannot express how happy and surprised I am by it.

Ok, so let set some goals for next month..

1) Play 40-50k hands
2) Hopefully reach $2k BR on Mansion, so I ll be able to take shots at nl50in the end of November
3) Try not to skip classes. I really want degree, so I dont want to skip classes..which is kinda hard think to do for me.. since I just hate waking up.. n being at school.. haha
4) Put LOT more VoI into it.. Which I hope I will be able to manage as I want to spend lot of time in buses :)
5) Enjoy playing.. I dont wanna reach stage when i ll be bothered by it.. I dont want it to become work for me.. It has to remain joyful way how to boost my life BR :)

Yeah well.. It wasnt as long as i thought I would make it..
I guess its because I have to go n learn Spanish for tmr .. I kinda like that language.. I like languages in general..
Btw.. If some1 will need some translations English- Chinese, Chinese-English.. Dont hesitate to ask me ♠_cool:

Ok.. that would be all for now.. Wish you guys GL at the tables.. CU!


Reply
Quote

Nice progress!

Seems you got your head screwed on this time around.


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by lennonac
Nice progress!

Seems you got your head screwed on this time around.

Thanks! .. i ve got my head screwed around ? Ueh... ? ok :P


Reply
Quote

Hey mate! =)

Nice progress =) Dont forget i cover you, so nothing to worry about :P

Anyway, when is The Mindset book about to come?=)


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
Hey mate! =)

Nice progress =) Dont forget i cover you, so nothing to worry about :P

Anyway, when is The Mindset book about to come?=)

Thanks! Well.. They said 6-8 weeks.. so i guess right after we make our first $milion ..
♦ ♦ ♦


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by GooRukYONG

Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
Hey mate! =)

Nice progress =) Dont forget i cover you, so nothing to worry about :P

Anyway, when is The Mindset book about to come?=)

Thanks! Well.. They said 6-8 weeks.. so i guess right after we make our first $milion ..
♦ ♦ ♦

♦ Sounds reasonable


Reply
Quote

Congratulations on being featured in the Community Round-up as Blog of the Week. :P

Keep up the great work.

Best regards,

Bart


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by EagleStar88

Congratulations on being featured in the Community Round-up as Blog of the Week. :P

Keep up the great work.

Best regards,

Bart

WOOOOOW.. This comunity is so coool :) Big thanks to Ps.com for not only making poker profitable for starting fishes, but also for encouraging them with this kind of things. It really feels nice, Thank you!
I never knew that something like this is going on. I am flatered.. I think i ll cry

Of course I should add thanks to my friend JuiceQuadre, since it's him who's helping me big time with all poker issues!..Well, with some other issues as well, but that doesnt belong here .. :tongue:


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Ok! I ve got few minutes free, so I just want to make brief update about what happened today..
In the morning i forgot at home my silverrank book, so i wasnt able to read even 1 article today... I leared a bit Spanish in the bus though.. so..
Laura y Teresa son antipaticas..

When I got home I got super surprised by that community thing.. so.. that really boosted my mood after forgeting da articles in the morning.. ♦
I drank a redbull and started session ..
Well.. I know it wasnt advertised anywhere, so I apologize for that.. But the fact is, that today is secret promotion on Mansion.
It's called "The Grand TheKahlanAmnel's(my srcname) Cash Giveaway"

Yeah.. I started out fine, getting 1,5stack into green pretty easily.. And then, in like middle of my session I started to do the wierdest things.. I somehow(really dont know what what lead me to it) decided to bluff.. I dont usually do it, because I am not really pro in choosing correct spots for it.. But i did .. Twice.. both times I got punished for it, ofc ♦ .. And just when i was feeling like my poker focused mind was recovered I played another wierd hand..
I mean.. Im not really sure if I could fold it.. but i felt like i wanted to.. but I called anyway at the end..

25 67 47 19
SB: $61,64
2,7 63 26 215

Hero: $20,00

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Ah , Kd
7 folds, SB calls $0,10, Hero bets $1,00 ,SB calls $0,80.

Flop: ($1,60) 5h , 3h , 4h (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $1,40,SB calls $1,40.

Turn: ($4,40) 6h (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $2,20, SB calls $2,20.

River: ($8,80) 9c (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $3,00, SB raises to $57,04 (All-In), Hero raises to $12,40(All-In).

Final Pot: $81,64

Results follow (highlight to see):
Hero shows a flush, ace high (Ah 8d)
SB shows a straight flush, sevens high (Ad 7h)

SB wins with a straight flush, sevens high (Ad 7h)

So.. i ended up in red.. which i dont like.. because I know its not because of I had to end up in red.. I should have ended up in green, but made some stupid mistakes.. So.. I m planning on playing one more session tonight, so I will hopefully be able to focus better. See you !


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Ok, so today it were 2 different sessions.. 1st one I was hiting nicely, but played badly.. and second one.. was always behind, but played rather good. i guess .. so .. not rly happy bout being -2,5BI for today.. but hey.. what up.. nothing can change now.. so.. see you tmr


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

So, today I didnt have time to play 2 sessions, so I played 1 long session..
I think I played pretty well, I made one pure mistake thoug.. overplayed aces.. If i didnt overplay them and fold, i would ended up fine.. now, eventhough im in green, im not that happy about it..
And then I ve got 2 speculative hands.. Both are set vs set, I m not quiet sure If my lines were reasonable..

Hand 1:
I was trying to get information about wheter is my 2nd pair good or not. On the turn after the set hits I guess there was no turning back.
I m not sure though If the flop reraise was since I guess that the opponent will often have the King.. Well, I would really apreciate any insight. Thanks!

Hero: $20,00

9 90 8 5
MP2: $19,60
2,3 45 26 3 378

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed).

Preflop: Hero is BB with T , T
2 folds, MP2 raises to $0,80, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,70) 7 , K , 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,20, Hero raises to $3,40, MP2 calls $2,20.

Turn: ($8,50) T (2 players)
Hero bets $5,00, MP2 raises to $15,40 (All-In), Hero calls $10,40.

River: ($39,30) 4 (1 players)

Final Pot: $39,30

Results follow (highlight to see):
Hero shows three of a kind, tens (Td Th)
MP2 shows three of a kind, kings (Kc Kh)

MP2 wins with three of a kind, kings (Kc Kh)

Hand 2:
I think It's pretty standart.. Though, while playing the hand I had feeling that he playes it same as me.. So strongy. So sure about his hand.. So I was actually kinda thinking if I should fold.. I dont realyl think he would play this way with hand like .. 88 - JJ .. Would appreciate comments, Thanks !

Hero: $20,94

19 80 21 7
CO: $24,51
2,3 56 26 3 310

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 2 , 2
5 folds, Hero raises to $0,80, CO calls $0,80, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1,90) 3 , 7 , 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $1,40, CO raises to $2,80, Hero raises to $7,80, CO raises to $12,80, Hero raises to $20,14 (All-In), CO calls $7,34.

Turn: ($42,18) 4
River: ($42,18) T (1 players)

Final Pot: $42,18

Results follow (highlight to see):
Hero shows three of a kind, deuces (2c 2s)
CO shows three of a kind, sevens (7d 7h)

CO wins with three of a kind, sevens (7d 7h)

---------
I did read few articles in da bus, but i m gonna update it all on sunday.. Now Im heading to bed..waking up is so sick..


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Hello !
It's sunday, so I am going to make lil update.. I am sorry, that i didnt update almost whole week.. I was kinda busy all the time and somehow didnt have really mood and reason to write here.. Nothing special was going on.

Well.. I realized this week, that after the first month "succes" I started to be too $ oriented. I am having expectations from playing and when its not met it lowers the joy of playing.. Which is completely wrong and i want to punish myself for that.. I dont really have idea how though..So if some1 had similar problem, I will be more than glad if you would share the solution with me! Thanks !

This week was different from the others, I was in many many all in situations and took part in big pots. I dont really thing that i shouldn't be there. I always had hand with which i wanted to stick the money in, but I was loosing more often that was EXPECTED. Manage to loose many kind of sick situations, every1 was hitting they one and twoouters and stuff.. Well, hope It will get over soon and I l get back on track and regain my lost confidence in AA v KK/AK/QQ situations..

I found leaks on which i should work:
A) I cant valuebet thinly
B) It's hard for me to fold nice hand against river reraise

I said last week that i wanted to add lot more VoI.. well.. I failed that.. I read more than usually, but still.. it was just like . 8articles.. so .. not really good.. watched 2 videos n played 14k hands. so..

VoI : 383


Reply
Quote

Hi bro =)

I think we both became too much $ oriented in last weeks... Its doing no good :/

hey what about some VoI challenge next week?=) Something like whos gonna make more VoI? :P I think we can make 70 if we try hard =)

What do you say?? ♠_confused:


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
Hi bro =)

I think we both became too much $ oriented in last weeks... Its doing no good :/

hey what about some VoI challenge next week?=) Something like whos gonna make more VoI? :P I think we can make 70 if we try hard =)

What do you say?? ♠_confused:

I suppose I could make 70VoI only if i would play 50k hands ♦
No, actually.. I like it..
Let's try something short-termed first though.. Im not rly sure if i could focus on VoI for longer period of time .. Lets say.. THURSDAY+FRIDAY+SATURDAY.. how bout that ?:P


Reply
Quote
ZhiCheng Topic starter
ZhiCheng
Joined: 04.10.2008
Elite Grinder

By the way..
This is lil bit off topic... but i find it rather odd, but funny.. so i wanna share it with you..
I was just looking through videos and i saw .. " Hasenbraten " .. and then like a lightning I recalled dream I had last night..
I was reading newspapers.. Or.. some report.. I might have been cop looking deep into some case.. not rly sure about that.. Anyway.. The report was about Hasenbraten..
It said something like he was very good handball player, but got injured badly, so he couldnt continue in his handball career.. Heh..
..yeah.. that'S all ..


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by GooRukYONG

Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
Hi bro =)

I think we both became too much $ oriented in last weeks... Its doing no good :/

hey what about some VoI challenge next week?=) Something like whos gonna make more VoI? :P I think we can make 70 if we try hard =)

What do you say?? ♠_confused:

I suppose I could make 70VoI only if i would play 50k hands ♦
No, actually.. I like it..
Let's try something short-termed first though.. Im not rly sure if i could focus on VoI for longer period of time .. Lets say.. THURSDAY+FRIDAY+SATURDAY.. how bout that ?:P

Quite bad because tomorrow ill be like the whole day in Prague and during this weekend i really need to put some volume in, since so far i havent played much this week :/


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by GooRukYONG
By the way..
This is lil bit off topic... but i find it rather odd, but funny.. so i wanna share it with you..
I was just looking through videos and i saw .. " Hasenbraten " .. and then like a lightning I recalled dream I had last night..
I was reading newspapers.. Or.. some report.. I might have been cop looking deep into some case.. not rly sure about that.. Anyway.. The report was about Hasenbraten..
It said something like he was very good handball player, but got injured badly, so he couldnt continue in his handball career.. Heh..
..yeah.. that'S all ..

:heart: :heart: You dream of Hasenbraten hm? :heart: :heart: Oh love is so sweet... :heart: :heart:


Reply
Quote
Share: