This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 BSS rant

• cwpeter89
      cwpeter89
      Bronze
      *Sorry I had to post this in the NL5/10 section

Since there is no rant forum and 1 hand doesn't really count as a downswing, here I go..

PT3 stats for this guy over around 150 hands were, VPIP 58, PR 13, Aggr Freq 57.

A real callstation with luck this guy.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB(Hero):
      $30.40
      BB:
      $42.60
      UTG1:
      $21.95
      UTG2:
      $25.00
      MP1:
      $20.00
      MP2:
      $25.25
      MP3:
      $18.15
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $6.30

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.25) 6, K, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, MP1 calls $1.75.

Turn: ($5.75) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP1 calls $3.00.

River: ($11.75) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.00, Hero raises to $6.00, MP1 calls $5.00.

Final Pot: $23.75.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(As Kd).
      MP1 shows a flush, ace high(5c 6c).

MP1 wins with a flush, ace high(5c 6c).

I thought I played this hand beautifully until I saw what he had, felt like chucking a brick at the wall.

He then later went to double up again with 88 vs AK, flop 8KK. It's his lucky day.
  • 3 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Since he is a calling station, just bet near pot on every street with TPTK. Especially on turn, where there is now a SD + FD. Just check/call river since straight got there and flushes got there.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      There was a guy like this on one of the tables I was playing last night.

Total idiot, but wins big pots with the most unimaginable trash.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by rickydaprince
      Since he is a calling station, just bet near pot on every street with TPTK. Especially on turn, where there is now a SD + FD. Just check/call river since straight got there and flushes got there.
      I agree for flop and turn, but strongly disagree on the river.

You're up against a player who's loose passive, he could have gotten there with an A, a Q, a K, most of those he probably can't find a fold with but he won't bet them. He will however bet flushes and maybe straight, so when you check/call you're just losing value from worse hands while making sure he can valuetown you with his flushes/straights. Then is nothing that missed for him to bet.

If you're gonna check then fold to a decent bet (as played obviously call that small bet), but i'd probably just bet/fold it for like half pot since i never expect that guy to shove over with anything i can beat.

Hope it helps.