$2.04
      BU:
      $1.87
      SB:
      $1.86
      BB:
      $6.01

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, 6.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.06, BB calls $0.04, MP2 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.24) J, 2, A (4 players)
      SB bets $0.12, BB folds, MP2 raises to $1.36, Hero calls $1.36, SB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $0.44.

Turn: ($5.2) 3 (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($5.2) T (0 players)
      Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.76.

My call on the flop is standard IMO, multiway pot with a Axs for a cheap flop.

Flop brings an A and I know I'm behind the first shove, but have 8 or 9 diamonds and 3 6's for outs against a better A. I didn't have time to calculate deeply so I went with my gut and misclicked the Call button when I meant to press the Raise one. The 2nd villain also pushed and I obviously wouldn't fold for an extra 40 cents.
  • 3 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Hi post-flop the hand is standard.

I am not sure about pre-flop though. Limping isn't that great even FR, and Ax hand has like terrible playability overall. This is because we cannot call do hit a flush with it and if we do hit A we can be easily outkicked, if we hit TP someone else can have 2 pair since its freeplay etc.

Only very rarely will we actually come into a situation where we are ahead and get money of others. The posted example may be one, but it only happens very rarely.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I might just isolate the limper with a suited ace preflop, tho it'll likely seem loose to most on nl2. As long as you know how to let go of a top pair postflop it's fine to limp behind at a loose passive table, but you probably shouldn't if you expect to get raised by the players left to act.

On the flop as long as MP2's range includes top pairs, which it likely does, it's fine. You have a decent number of outs even against the strongest made hands and you might even run into a worse flushdraw which you're ahead of. If you expect SB to stick around very often i think it becomes a call even if MP2 almost always has a set.

Hope it helps.
    • pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Hi post-flop the hand is standard.

I am not sure about pre-flop though. Limping isn't that great even FR, and Ax hand has like terrible playability overall. This is because we cannot call do hit a flush with it and if we do hit A we can be easily outkicked, if we hit TP someone else can have 2 pair since its freeplay etc.

Only very rarely will we actually come into a situation where we are ahead and get money of others. The posted example may be one, but it only happens very rarely.
      Hello thanks for your review! Pre-flop you are right, according to the BSS chart from PS I should not be limping from MP3 and simply be folding. This is something I will correct on my play from now on, because even if it worked out this time, next time I might not be so lucky. Thanks for the comment! It was very helpful :) .

Originally posted by tamairlarace
      Hi,

I might just isolate the limper with a suited ace preflop, tho it'll likely seem loose to most on nl2. As long as you know how to let go of a top pair postflop it's fine to limp behind at a loose passive table, but you probably shouldn't if you expect to get raised by the players left to act.

On the flop as long as MP2's range includes top pairs, which it likely does, it's fine. You have a decent number of outs even against the strongest made hands and you might even run into a worse flushdraw which you're ahead of. If you expect SB to stick around very often i think it becomes a call even if MP2 almost always has a set.

Hope it helps.
      Hello, thanks so much for your insightful review tamairlarace! Isolating the limper might be a bit difficult with still 4 players to act, which is why I simply called. You can always expect to see an unraised flop pretty frequently in such fishy tables so I was fine just limping and then calling the extra 2 BB's in a multi way pot.

I definately knew in this case that my A was weak and that I was only going to stay in on it if I saw at least :diamond: :diamond: or 2 pair+, and anything else would immediately be check/fold.

My MP3 limp was definately loose though, and I will definately not make that mistake again. Thanks to both!