PokerStrategists Ask, Boris Becker Answers

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze

That's right! We got a hold of the tennis-champion-turned-poker-player Boris Becker and we would like to ask him some questions about his poker career. And what better way to do that than to have you, the community, create the questions?

Ask anything you want about Boris Becker's poker life and if your question is good enough, we will send it to him. You can do that until next Tuesday evening. After that, we collect all the questions, select the best ones and send them to Boris. Once he answers them, we will publish this special interview on our page.
  • 19 replies
    • biank
      biank
      Bronze
      The easiest way to win a ball in tennis is by scoring an ace but when dealing with poker you usually need and sometimes is enough to have pocket aces. So does tennis has anything (else) to do with poker except Aces?
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      I would like to know if you(Boris) play online? Only on Stars now I presume? What is your preferred game online and what stakes? :D

Skraggy^^
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      How did you get in to poker, was it before, after or during your tennis career? If during, have you got any exciting stories from the road? Did you ever crack pete sampras' aces or check raise andre agassi?

Sabo :club:
    • donroops
      donroops
      Bronze
      Poker or tennis? why?
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      After your early success as a teenager did you ever feel the pressure that you had to continue even though maybe you had lost some love for the game, or were you always motivated and passionate about playing tennis for most of your life?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Which do you think takes more effort in terms of time learning and practising to be able to compete on the top level. Poker or Tennis, or do they both take a similar level of commitment to reach the higher rungs of the game?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Bronze
      Following your success in tennis it is normal to assume that you are a rich man. So when you started playing poker, what limits did you go to? Did you start in low stakes or did you start higher?
      Do you have a bankroll management plan in your head while playing poker?
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Which do you think takes more effort in terms of time learning and practising to be able to compete on the top level. Poker or Tennis, or do they both take a similar level of commitment to reach the higher rungs of the game?
      Sport > Poker, people at top level sport have been playing there chosen sport every day since the day they could walk! no contest in my opinion! Although this perhaps isnt seens as effort as it is done out of love of the game!
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      David Benyamine was a tennis pro too before he turned to poker. You obviously were way more successful than Benyamine in tennis, do you plan to take him on, and maybe beat him at poker?
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      I'd like to ask Boris Becker: Which would you say was the defining moment of your life? Did u ever feel tired of tennis during your playing career? How did you motivate yourself through the rough times (when you were fed up with tennis, when all the hard work was not producing a positive result, or during other mentally challenging times of your tennis career)?

Hope these questions make it in, I'd really like to read about how he worked through the rough times ... not that I know of any from his career, but I'm sure he does lol. Maybe he offers a nugget on how poker players can better work through our downswings :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I'd just like to ask if the psychological approach and preparation Boris used for a tennis match varies from his poker strategy.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      HU4ROLLZ?

Joking!

But how does he consider his poker playing style?

-Jack
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      will you play a hu sng against me? i have beaten the likes of phil ivey, tom dwan. i have great talents? drop me a line
    • TSpill
      TSpill
      Bronze
      Whats more nerve racking, match point or all in on the bubble?
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      would u rather be in the finals in the US open or be at the final table of the WSOP?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      would u rather be in the finals in the US open or be at the final table of the WSOP?
      I think the better question would be the French Open, since he never made that Grand Slam final.

Another one from me, "Do you play online? If yes, do you use "Boom Boom" as your nick?"
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      I have 3 questions on him:

1, do u play CG?

2, how much are u willing to "invest" into poker before u would call it a day? /if u run fe rly rly badly/

3, would u play me HU NL1k?
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Gold
      So when do we find out if u asked BB any of the questions, if we find out at all?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      whats more frightening, playing your rival in a tennis final, or playing a final table with phil ivey?

:f_biggrin: