I need help ...

• kiromanAAKK
      Hi guys, I have been play poker (only NL Texas Holdem) for near an year now and I have not once wrote a line of complain on this forum or anywhere else. I have study and I have tried to follow all the advice from other member of this great community in my best way. I have made some result as I have been suffered from bad bet but never a complain or any sort of negative attitude has come from myself. I have taken with sport spirit any defeat with the hope to make progress and learn from it.
      As a result of a negative period for me, I start feel lost and down and for the first time after all this months I start see and end of all my dreams.
      I need a desperate help from you as I never asked such things before. I have spend word in defend of the poker rooms on my site and on various forums against players furious. Today, I feel that my venture has not a future and I am afraid to open my PC to play again.
      I realise that there is not way I can make a win any more I am losing confidence and the awareness to be overtaking whatever is my starting hands start to influence my game in a very negative way.
      This is how I have finish my tournaments in the last three days and it start play wrongly in my mind that the poker is not for me.

I start realise that if I cannot win a game with a premium hand it is a sign that for me it is all over. Please help ...
  • 6 replies
    • LavaTwilight
      [x] Variance
    • cauelaratta
      I had the same problem that you did... it´s kinda scary to sit in a table full of donkeys who will call you all the way to the river with any hand that looks beautiful enough.

Try playing at tables with a higher Hand/Hour rate. That usually indicates tighter players. Try to find the perfect amount that fits your game. Loose enough to get a weak call every now and then, but tight enough so you won´t see yourself 4 handed every time.

At least that worked for me.

Best of luck!

• pinnryder
      You should be carefull and let poker not affect you too much.
      My advice is: Once poker affects your life so much that you loose self confident or are constantly in a bad mood when you are on a downswing stop playing! Or learn how too deal with these situations. If not it will just hurt you and the others around you...

Not everyone can easily overcome a bad beat but learning how to deal with it is one of the hardest part in online poker. Some coaches even don't teach you how to play your hands they teach you not to go on tilt.
      I had a bit of a problem with this myself and got really annoied after a few bad beats in a row. It's still not easy to take but I don't worry too much about and if I do I stop playing and do somethjing else.

Don't know if this really is a problem for you but it sounded like it affects a bit too much...
    • p0kerQT
      Hi kiromanAAKK,

I strongly reccomend that you take a break! There is no sense in playing if poker is making you feel so bad. Do other things that you enjoy, like movies or sports, spend some time in the sun (it's been lovely here! :D ), anything that makes you feel good. Take a few days, a week, or however long it takes, until you feel positively again.

When you have brightened up, don't run straight back to the tables. Take some time to study the strategy articles. If you have already read them, then read them again, to refresh your mind.

I hope you can come back to the tables with a more positive attitude, as negative thoughts are really bad for your game and lead to tilt.

In response to the hands played, the AA and KK hands were unlucky, but the AK hand was played wrong.
      With 24BB or less, you can no longer call raises, you have to either push or fold against them.
      Also you should never call a bet more than 6BB, unless you are really deep. Again it is push or fold.
      -Either way AK is a push against a raise.

Best of luck to you.

• michaelqian

Second hand was brutal though. After about 60k hands that has not happened to me yet. I can just imagine myself destroying the table if that ever happens.
    • mishkagg
      In the hands where you have KK and it's 4 handed you are only 57% chance to win it on showdown.

Don't worry - you played it right and that's all you can do. How the cards will fall is out of your reach and you shouldn't bother about it. They are bound to come your way sooner or later.

The AA vs KK quads - it happens. Two days ago I had AA and I got called preflop and on a flop JJx I pushed and was vs pocket Jacks. It can happen.