High Stakes Poker Season 6 - Discussion thread

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

In this thread we can all share our thoughts on GSN's newest season of High Stakes Poker.

If you would like to watch the HSP Season 6 episodes, we have setup a special thread containing them:

Tell us what you like/dislike about this new season, what you think about the action in these newest episodes, and everything else related to this show.
  • 48 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      nice, now we don't have to go through all the thread to catch the old episodes :f_biggrin:
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Sweet ! Ty :heart: :s_love:
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Episode 5 has just been added and you can watch it here:

High Stakes Poker Season 6 Episodes

Personally, I have to say that the action this time was quite nice and entertaining :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Ivey ;/
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Thanks for posting these vhallee!! Way to overcome my apathy in searching for them myself. :s_cool:

Happy, happy, joy, joy. :f_biggrin:
    • cataah
      cataah
      Bronze
      I like that Ivey is thinking about calling in the last hand. But Elezra is falling asleep and Ivey feels he has to hurry up alittle.
      I really belive that Ivey whould have called if he had ignored Eli
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      this season proved that tight is NOT right
      many playing all kinds of hands - raising reraising and going calling all in with 99 overpair for over 100 blinds.... i remember reading in articles here raising 99 if its a overpair is overplaying your hand

and the tightest player on the table was esfandiari and ended up breakeven after having a sick set up ace high flush over king high against hellmuth and because he was so tight helmuth didnt give him his whole stack

and also in tournaments...i remember in the wsop...the commentator was saying that most are really shocked shulman is on the final table cuz he is playing so tight

i dont know if i should keep playing super tight in cash games.....but i suppose they did have high antes and no multitabling available :p....i dont play much cash games anyway tho

and no way ivey was calling the river with a 6......he knew a big(ish) part of dwan's range was a bluff but at that point a bluff could even mean pocket 77s so even part of dwans bluffing range on the river was beating ivey's hand...like if he had j10...dwan could bet his open ender and then realise he is probably beat and have a stab at taking the pot because of high-ish fold equity---thats what i think...maybe im wrong
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      this season proved that tight is NOT right
      many playing all kinds of hands - raising reraising and going calling all in with 99 overpair for over 100 blinds.... i remember reading in articles here raising 99 if its a overpair is overplaying your hand

and the tightest player on the table was esfandiari and ended up breakeven after having a sick set up ace high flush over king high against hellmuth and because he was so tight helmuth didnt give him his whole stack

and also in tournaments...i remember in the wsop...the commentator was saying that most are really shocked shulman is on the final table cuz he is playing so tight

i dont know if i should keep playing super tight in cash games.....but i suppose they did have high antes and no multitabling available :p....i dont play much cash games anyway tho

and no way ivey was calling the river with a 6......he knew a big(ish) part of dwan's range was a bluff but at that point a bluff could even mean pocket 77s so even part of dwans bluffing range on the river was beating ivey's hand...like if he had j10...dwan could bet his open ender and then realise he is probably beat and have a stab at taking the pot because of high-ish fold equity---thats what i think...maybe im wrong
      spread that around pls. thats how i make my money.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      go play on high stakes poker then :D

donkeys shoving 150k with second pair
      fishes calling all in with 99 and falling in love with top pair king kicker
      and 99 is nuts
      and people thinking about calling with 5th pair

go make some money!! :D
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      He would be another one of those guys that think there is only one way to play the game. He thinks Tight-aggressive is the only way to play. He obviously hasn't heard of loose-aggressive style.

I'm not talking about Dario Minieri loose-aggressive where you fight for every pot. I'm talking about intelligent loose-aggressive play, like Tom Dwan. Running good also helps.

A tight aggressive player thinks like this:

I'm gonna make that donkey give me his money by calling with weaker hands. They have no concept of starting hand selection and play too many hands so I will play fewer hands and make them pay.

This is a legitimate way to make money. However if this were the only way to play, every top pro would be playing only pocket AA KK. Why play queens, you could be beat by kings. So if players start playing like this, there is the loose aggressive player who thinks like this:

Wow, these donkeys are folding everything. I'm going to put pressure on them so that they will fold me lots of money. I will play more hands and make them pay dearly for folding too much.

And that is how Tom Dwan makes his money. "Tight is right" is a quote for people that play poker in the 70's. Everybody plays tight now and the only way to beat tight players is to play loose.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      lol at all the poker experts ITT.
    • angelofm
      angelofm
      Bronze
      LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES LAG RULES
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      Episode 5 is the best, so much action and feeling
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      LAG is cool and all, but the best style is FAG
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      LAG is cool and all, but the best style is FAG

:f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      OMG Now I almost fell of my chair laughing when BIG Mr. Daniel Negreanu said, that running it more times does not change the probabilities, only reduces variance .. I mean how could they possibly put such a stupid thing on TV ..

BTW. The last pot with Durrrr vs. Ivey was amazing :) Dont want to comment on the play because I have no idea whats their history, it was just great to watch :) )
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      New episode is here, check it out:

Patrik Antonius joined Ivey and durrrr so take a look and tell us what you think of the latest action on the show.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Durrrr gets so bloody lucky every single time, plays random crap and hits on the river...

I think his luck is super hot on HSP
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Episode 7 has just been added:

What do you think of it?