1 singaporean poker player + 1 cute gold fish and 1 summer monkey

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      it's official, supeyrio a.k.a blackmember whore and cutegoldfish are blogging!
      Decided that it's a good idea to do a double blog as it liven ups the thread(when im not posting he is posting, vice versa).

a short intro- cutegoldfish and supeyrio(myself) are good buddies and we have tried many things together, and poker is one of our current ventures. more personal info will be shared i ndividually!

watch this space for more news and stories!!

p.s. latest addition: our rl friend summermonkey!
  • 318 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Watching :)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      with every blog, there has to be an introduction. i will introduce myself a.k.a blackmember whore. lets radomise the sequence of introduction.

why black member whore you ask? because my aim is to whore a black member status!
      then one may ask, isn't one's aim in poker to be a profitable poker player? yes, that is one of my goals as well. however, profitability is an uncertainty, one can never be sure that one can consistently win, net overall profits. however, one can definitely be a blackmember if one grinds hard enough! and that is my aim. and the idea behind is, the more i grind, the more i learn, the more i learn, the greater probability that i'm going to be a winning player. definitely, reviews and studying of the game are essentials, but nothing beats playing and learning through playing.

back to myself, i'm turning 22yo this year, and i'd really wished that i had accessed pokerstrategy much earlier, i'm pretty old already thanks to 2 years of national service liability that i had. i've tried out many things, and am still trying out many things with cutegoldfish, and till the day we uncover our goldmine, our souls will not rest!!!! poker has by far seem to be the most realisable prospect at the moment; have read and heard enough to know the potential of poker and although i'm still playing really small stakes, i'm on the verge of forsaking my studies for poker. i'm probably never going to work for anyone, infact im probably very much incapable to do so as well. i'm BOSS material per se. lol

i'm treating this blog as a stage to rant, share, boast and forge greater bonds with the community here. AND YES, i'll update on my blackmember progress. my aim is to take it down within 2011 july, and it is most definitely achievable base on my calculations.

lets rock!
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      picture paints a thousand words, my session today:
      played really well this session despite it being a negative one. Made really good call downs and shove right spots(and fishes occasionally calls with NOTHING). ran well for a moment, then it all just spiraled downhill. highlight of the day:
      just won a big hand 240BB in a table and got a decent hand JTs that i decided to play. flopped a flush, all in a villain with a remaining stack 120BB and pot already had 66BB. villain had sets and hit his 20% at a river completing his quads.

but i'm loving it still :f_biggrin:
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      hi guys!!!

i am a Singaporean 21 year old male currently studying.

i found Pokerstrategy through a referral from a friend and started playing at Full Tilt Poker in November 2009 during my exam period as a form of de-stress.

after reading the articles a few times and watching videos, i was able to play profitably using the Big Stack Strategy in about january.

i believe that playing more and constantly reviewing hands is the best way to improve. however due to the high study commitments, i am only able to play about 1 or 2 hours a day.

im here just to share my progress and hope that i can find a few friends here!
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      here is my todays short session of 45minutes... gotta go to sleep after this.

love the dude who called me with 2 pair.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $11.53
      BB (Hero):
      $19.01
      MP2:
      $8.09
      MP3:
      $16.87
      CO:
      $10.88
      BU:
      $2.17

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 8.
      MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, Hero calls $0.30, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.6) 8, A, J (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, MP2 calls $1.20, MP3 folds, SB raises to $4.20, Hero raises to $7.20, MP2 raises to $7.69, SB raises to $11.13, Hero calls $3.93.

Turn: ($31.55) T (3 players)

River: ($31.55) 8 (3 players)

Final Pot: $31.55.
      Results follow:

Hero shows four of a kind, eights(8 8).
      SB shows two pairs, aces and jacks(J A).
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high(K 7).

Hero wins with four of a kind, eights(8 8).
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      some goals that i would like to achieve apart from being a blackmember: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

yes, audi S5

not forgetting chicks and parties :s_evil:
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      Will mark this topic, maybe blog will be interesting :f_p:
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      some goals that i would like to achieve apart from being a blackmember: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

Man.. I have no idea how u look like.. but if u ll ever throw a party and those chicks will be there.. dont invite those guys.. :f_cool:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by harleytopper
      Will mark this topic, maybe blog will be interesting :f_p:
      cheers :f_cool: more money, booze and sex coming right up! nahhhhh.. :s_evil:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG

Man.. I have no idea how u look like.. but if u ll ever throw a party and those chicks will be there.. dont invite those guys.. :f_cool:
      haha, i cant choose who's on the list if it's the black members party! rest assure i'll consult you on the big one when it comes. :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      counting down to exams, approx 6 weeks so cant really more than 2hrs per day. after that, im going to hit diamond, and grind like a mad man. schedule:
      sleep 9hrs, grind 12hrs, 3hrs other activities. :f_biggrin: and if things goes well, QUIT SCHOOL WOOOOOOOOOh :f_mad: :f_mad: :f_mad:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      yes finally lose 1 session for SSS, ran below EV, losing 2 BI. so happy!!!!:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      easter is coming!!! guess how i am going to celebrate it?

8am-12am lessons in school
      12am onwards POKER!!!!

school sucks. if i dont go back to school on friday, i have to go on saturday. what is the F@#$ing difference?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      easter is coming!!! guess how i am going to celebrate it?

8am-12am lessons in school
      12am onwards POKER!!!!

school sucks. if i dont go back to school on friday, i have to go on saturday. what is the F@#$ing difference?
      lets quit???? :f_biggrin: put it to a vote? Lol :f_cool:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      just squeezed in another poker session playing SSS, seems like it is more profitable to select really fishy tables than to mass 24 tables at a go. heres a peek at my final hand :D and a graph below lol
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $20.00
      CO:
      $21.50
      BU:
      $104.45
      SB:
      $19.20
      BB:
      $29.00
      UTG2:
      $49.20
      MP1:
      $17.00
      MP2:
      $19.90

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      UTG2 raises to $6.00, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $6.00, Hero raises to $20.00(All-In), 4 folds, UTG2 raises to $49.20, MP2 calls $13.90.

Flop: ($90.6) 7, 3, J (3 players)

Turn: ($90.6) T (3 players)

River: ($90.6) Q (3 players)

Final Pot: $90.6.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows three of a kind, queens(Q Q).
      UTG2 shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a straight, ace high(K A).

Hero wins with a straight, ace high(K A).

• supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      more beats and bad beats with SSS in pokerstars, played omaha which was fun and up 4BI and played SSS on everest which won again easily against fishes

think it is a great idea that which site gives me bad beats, i shall not play at that site for the time being! :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      hey, havent been updating the blog so far.
      didnt have much time to play poker since exams are coming.
      however i have dedicated 2hrs per day to play( it's gg to be 10hrs a day after exams!!!) recently experiment with a couple of things and here is the results:
      +ve Non show down winnings! however it seems like show down winnings have been affected,
      since bluffs can occasionally go wrong, will post them in the hand evaluation corner. cheers!
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by GooRukYONG

invite the partyCrew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw: where are u guys from? country, city ...

gl for your bm whoring supeyrio ;)
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      [B]hi TwiceT, honoured to have to visiting our blog! :P we're from singapore, keen to partyy over here? :f_love: :f_love:
      asian chicks ftw!!! TLN might be interested lols.

thanks you, i need 99% more strategy points, just need to get done with the exams, which equally is stucked at 1% progress :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: .[/B]