$12.30
      SB:
      $2.36
      BB:
      $4.20
      UTG1:
      $6.42

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9, 9.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.45) Q, K, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.05) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.05) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, SB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $3.05

villain was an unknown table was pretty tight, looking back now am thinking i definatly should have checked bk the river
  • 7 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Villain looks like weak tight. I don't expect a call on your river bet with anything less than a flush so you might as well just check it back because you have very good showdown value...

But you should bet the turn too imo... You have a flush, it may be the best hand..
    • dannyf85
      dannyf85
      Bronze
      yeah i thought about betting the turn, would the line be bet/fold because a c/r would be quite ugly, yes only 3 cards beat me (i think) but i dont think my hand could stand a c/r tbh
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think b/f turn is OK, depending on the raise size. But bet it nevertheless, cause you also gather valuable information...
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Yeah, I think b/f turn is OK, depending on the raise size.

I see that as best option here, because he still may call with worse flushes, but I doubt he will raise them if you make your bet ~3/4 of pot. If you get raised, I think you can safely fold. C/c doesn't seem like best option for me, because you still in guessing mode bout his hand. People may like bluffing such a boards sometimes, but not of you keep initiative and keep betting solid.
      Just my humble opinion.
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      betting river might be fine after u have history and played together, for example if u played laggy he might call u, if he is a calling station or doesnt yet know that flush beats pair A.
      He could also call if he had a set and the flush came.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

He might call a 2nd valuebet with a worse flush but not two, so I prefer to check back the turn and eventually bet the river if he checks again. It looks more bluffy as well, so we'll get looked up lighter without the implied threat of another bet to come behind. We'll also basically announce we don't have a big flush, which will lead some players to like pot the river into us as a bluff.

Against this particular weak/tight guy, it's just too thin in my opinion. He can play better flushes as weakly as that so we'll valuecut ourselves sometimes, and he won't bluff at us anyway so we have a useless bluff-catcher. I'll usually just check it down and see what happens.

When he check/minraises the river it's really odd and it could be a random spazz rebluff from a guy tired to be weak/tight, but he needed something to call us on the flop and weak/tight guys would be a lot more inclined to check/call to bluff-catch with any medium strength hand than to go for a minraise bluff, so I'd be tempted to fold even with those odds.

Hope it helps.
    • dannyf85
      dannyf85
      Bronze
      Thanks for your replies guys, These explanations will definatly help me out in future spots.

I cant believe I'v been a member on here for a year and never used this forum I'v definatly missed out :(