20$ on pokerstars - where would it lead me??

• zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi all.
      This is the second blog I'm writing. I'm starting with 20$ on Pokerstars under the nick zghrv1 to see where it leads me.
      I already had a similar blog few months ago but did not continue with it because of some personal problems I had.

I'm back on track now, have my 20$ hoping I'll make something of it. Thanks pokerstrategy for great videos and articles. I think I learned something from it that will pay off playing poker.

I'll not go into detailes now, not going to make some goals yet - I'll just start playing at lowest limit 0,02 and post my progress, hands etc.

As the blog goes further you'll get to know me....

Type to you soon......
  • 21 replies
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Ok people I played for about a week so this is how it went. First of all I didn't play 0,02, I played 0,05 - first 2 tables only. After I increased my bankroll I switched to 4-tableing.
      It's totaly off to BRM but I just feel that I can't go broke on this limit. Hopefully big downswings will miss me at the beggining. So I'll play 0,05 untill I increase my BR and moving to next limits will be according to BRM.

I played arround 3.000 hands earned +32$ with iver 30bb/100 hands. Also $EV is arround there so there was not so many -EV moves.

I watched a lot of Bronze videos and in the future will be much focused on learning than on playing. Plan is to view/read all Bronze videos/articles in next 2 weeks. After that I'll just be playing and putting into practice what I learned.

This is it in short. Some hands and charts will be posted next week.
      Wish me luck....

Over and out.
    • ok1234ok
      ok1234ok
      Bronze
      NIce work .
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi everyone. A brief update what happened.
      I played as I said on 0,05 limit and it didn't go well. I totally know the reason - I do not have enough dicipline in me yet. Meaning I can read my opponent hands, I totally know when I'm beat, but i just call to see if I'm right - and 90% of the cases I am.
      I need to learn when to fold my hand and keep repeating in my head "this was a good fold" , not calling a hand to prove that I was right.

So this is what I'm going to do - I'm moving to 0,02 limit and I'll play 100.000 hands. This should be enough to practice all what i learned :)
      I think it will take 3 months to play that number of hands.

For starters I'll just focus on folding when I think I'm beat - this is for now biggest leak in my game. When i fix this I'll again find my biggest leak and focus on that.

Next Sunday stats will be posted. Hopefully I'll play arround 7-8.000 hands.

Over and out.
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi all.
      I have played arround 5500 hands, less than I wanted to but didn't have "time" to play more. My girlfriend is killing me sometimes.
      I can also understand her, she wants to spend some time with me...

We have an agreement, 1/3 of every cashout goes to her. That helps a bit :)

As I said I'm trying to fix my biggest leak for now, and this is NOT FOLDING when I should. I think I'm on right track. As you can see from WTSD and W$ASD I'm not moving to the showdown that often, and when I do, I try to do it based on my hands, board and opponent.

Still I'll just focuse on that + before every showdown I'll try to guess exactly which hand my opponent has - I'm quite good at that. Next time I'll give you some input on that :)

I have also played 30.000 freeroll yesterday - finished arround 600 place - 9$ earned :)

For everyone who reads I need a help how to export hands from Holdem manager and post it? Can enyone help, I have a few interesting one.

Current BR 56$.

[img]http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/22-100522L/4528/jpg/08/2010/img6/glowfoto[/img]

[img]http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/22-094341L/5926/jpg/08/2010/img5/glowfoto[/img]

And last: my name is Hrvoje, coming from Croatia 31 yo. Does enyone know any succesfull Croatian player? Give some inputs...

Typy to you in 7 days.
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Pictures didn't upload so here it is again.

• fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Hi there fellow Croat :D

Gl on your poker journey...just keep studying and playing and you'll move up the limits easily!

About posting hands...easiest way that I know is click on the hand you want to post in HEM, right click it, copy hand to clipboard, and then paste it in one of the hand converters online. I'm using one on the ps.com page...here's a link

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-hand-converter/

It's under Strategy - My poker hands tab on the page.

Maybe one piece of advice, try not to guess what exactly your opponent holds, rather think of a range he can have preflop, and try narrowing that range down depending on his F/T/R actions.

Good luck once again, and keep blogging, I'll definitely read your blog when I see another post in here :)
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi my poker friends.
      Sorry to stopped blogging, I just wasn't disciplined enough to continue with it. Yeap, discipline-my biggest roblem.
      I'm continuing it now and this time I'll not stop writing it (if i stopped then I stopped playing poker). If I make it as a player, I think this blog will be a major part of my succes. I look at it as a way of controling myself in a way that I have to report what I did to you - and if I have to report to someone, then I'll try to make as few mistakes playing (no crazy moves).

Ok, general plan is following.
      Currently I have arround 65$ at pokerstars. I'll play NL5 FR. Plan is to play arround 5.000 hands a week. I'll be reading a lot of articles, and also will try to improme in tournament play (for starters I'll play FPP tournaments).

Ok, I think for startes this is it.
      Next post soon.
      GL

P.S. Please keep track of this blog and comment, this helps a lot.
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi my dear poker friends.
      One week behind me and it was not a big thing. Partly because I made some bad decisions, partly a bit of luck (ran 4-5 times bad with coin flips and AA vs KK preflop).

I played a volume that i wanted (arround 6,5k hands) but didn't earn nothing :) In cash games there is +3$ EV+6,5$ but as I played some 1$ S&G with almost no succses bankroll was not changed significantly by playing good solid poker.

The only good thing is that I cleared 50$ on stellar so total looks like this:

started 65$
      stellar reward 50$
      cash games +3$
      tournaments -5$
      Total bankroll 113$

It's a solid bankroll to continue playing NL5. What I'll not do any more is playing S&G, at least the paying ones, only FPP to gather some experience. I just don't have enough knowlege yet to play 1$ S&G profitably.

I don't like long posts so I'll end up here. I think I'll make them more frequent but shorter, but still with some weekly sum of results and bankroll.
      I'll also include some graphs soon.

Below some interesting hands from last week.

nl5 fr aa 4way pot
      nl5 fr ak
      nl5 fr 22 set on the turn
      nl5 fr blind war
      nl5 aa hup

Write some comments please.
      Good luck to all strategy members.
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi people.
      Another week gone so here are the short results. This week has been really good. I finnaly found my game, run into some nice hands and took advantige of my opponents mistakes.
      So what does it mean in numbers:
      Hands played 5.096
      Old BR 113$
      Cash games 80$
      Tournaments 5$
      New BR 198$

I've been running 25BB/100 hands on NL5. With this bankroll I'll be moving to NL10 just too see what will hapen. Hopefully I can run good on this limit too.
      Only bad thing is that I didn't read any articles or watch any videos this week - something I'll do next week for sure.

I can't convert hands currently so I'll leave this for the next post.
      Graph:

[img][IMG]https://img815.imageshack.us/img815/6494/snapshotp.th.jpg[/IMG][/img]
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      I've played almost all day today, I was running great so I didn't want to stop. My girlfriend wanted to kill me, and like last time I promised her 30% of my next cashout - yeap, everyone has a price :)

I can't beleive it but I'm running 30bb/100 in 2000 hands on NL10.
      I must addmit I had a good run of cards, and what I'm proud of is that there was no -ev moves.

Figures
      Starting BR 65$
      Cash games 130$
      Bonuses 50$
      Tournamets 5$
      BR 250$

Graph

• Adapter1337
      Adapter1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by zghrv
      I can't beleive it but I'm running 30bb/100 in 2000 hands on NL10.
      I must addmit I had a good run of cards, and what I'm proud of is that there was no -ev moves.
      MAYBE not big ones, but def you cant say that there was no -ev moves. Even pros makes these at least some per 1k hands.

But nice graph, and gl :) ship it
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi all.
      Just a short update. Still running like crazy on NL10. I would call it upswing :)
      Beleive it or not, my run is 40bb/100 in just over 2800 hands on NL10. No, I'm not a poker wunderkind, I'm just running good cards...

Hopefully the trend continues. I'm calling it a day for the playing part - gonna do some poker learning before going to sleep.

I'm thinking of playing some SNG in the future, can anyone give me some advice on where to start? 1 table, MTT?? what buy in??

Numbers:
      Starting BR 65$
      Cash games 183$
      Bonuses 50$
      Tournamets 4$
      BR 302$

Graph:
      [img][IMG]https://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2209/snapshotoj.jpg[/IMG][/img]
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Nice blog, it's going good for you. My tip would be to start with single-table tournaments since MTTs need bigger bankroll and have more swings. MTTs take much more patience also. Start maybe with normal 1$SnGs, these are the easiest. If you're winning, try turbo, these are much more fun as they only take 30 min instead of 60.

I would suggest though not to mix cash game with SnG seeing as you haven't officialy beat any limit with a biiig sample. If you decide for Sit&Gos, make them your main game and dont mix. If you don't like them, move back to cash, but don't mix in between until you're reeeaally good at at least one.

Good luck with choosing ;)
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi people.
      Put it some more sessions. I have to addmit I spend almost all of my free time playing poker. Think I have to change that so I'm calling it a day, gonna do some sports - home training with weights and some cardio.
      I didn't do tournaments yet, don't know how to start it, arisko thanks for the advice. Think I'm going to play 2$ double or nothing just to see how it goes.
      Played 280FPP Q to Sunday 250k and managed to do it so on Sunday I'm going to play it - will follow that up on Monday.

Numbers:
      Starting BR 65$
      Cash games 205$
      Bonuses 50$
      Tournamets 4$
      BR 324$

Post to you soon.
      Good luck.
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Quick update.
      Put in sme more sessions. Still running quite ok. I decided to have this short updates as I play during the week and over the weekend I'll post graphs, hands, comments and a bit more ... :)

Numbers:
      Starting BR 65$
      Cash games 233$
      Bonuses 50$
      Tournamets 4$
      BR 352$

Type to you soon.
      Bye
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      One more week behind me so a bit longer input as I promised.
      Week was great, in total I'm happy with the way I played, made some good reads, played some solid poker.
      I feel really good playing NL10, think I got that limit especially postflop so I loosened up a bit preflop. Today I even made one session on NL25 - I'm off my BR but I just had to try it. Went ok, +35$. Made one rather loose preflop call with j8s and hit my flush with a guy pushing with kk.

Tournaments I didn't try yet. Still I'll read a few articles and watch some videos before going into that. As I mentioned before I managed to qualify to Sunday 1/4 milion so I'm playing that just now as I'm writing - will follow up on that.
      Think I'll try some 1 table S&G when the time comes.

Numbers:
      Starting BR 65$
      Hands played: 18.940
      Cash games 293$
      Bonuses 50$
      Tournamets 4$
      BR 412$

Graph:
      I'm a little bit worried with this EV line. HEM has some odd way to calculate it. Does anyone know some detailes about that?

• zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Update.
      Finished 21007 out of 33293 players
      Went out in a hand JTs vs 44 on 4J8 J board. I'm getting more and more interested in tournament play.
      Even played one 6,5$ S&G one table and finished 2nd - 16,2$ prize.
      I'm totally switching to NL 25 with the bankroll over 400$. I'll go back if I drop down under 350$.
      Wish me luck, numbers will follow.
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi all, few days without posting so here is what happened.
      As I annouced I totally switced to NL25 and played arround 6.800 hands.
      When I was starting this limit I was totally afraid, I played really tight aggressive and had really good results. After a while I gained confidence and loosened up preflop, started to make some creative bluffs - WRONG!! - on this limit definetly not a good idea. For this limit it's as simple as this - play tight preflop, only bluff when a bluff means contibet aggainst one opponent who can lay down his hand.
      What I noiced is that barely noone makes bluffs, big turn/river bets are in 99% of the cases a strong made hands.

I made some bad decisions based on me thinking people make bluffs. If I just sticked to what I have learned here I would make much more profit.

So conclusion and adaptation for next week is as follows:
      - tighten up preflop
      - bluff only against one opponent if the board allows it
      - most important: small hands-small pots, big hands-big pots.

There are some more subjects I would like to touch so I'll do it in my short posts during next week. Not to make this too long.

Numbers are as follows:
      Hands played: 25950
      Starting BR 65$
      Cash games 310$
      Bonuses 50$
      Tournamets 8$
      BR 433$

Interesting hands:
      Nl25 Fr Aa
      Nl25 Fr Qq
      NL25 FR Flopped a flush
      Nl25 Fr Set
      Nl25 Fr Qq

[img]http://[IMG]https://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9899/snapshotm.jpg[/IMG][/img]

Graph (lot of bad decisions)
    • zghrv
      zghrv
      Silver
      Hi people.
      As I annouced, I tightened up and it brings profit. My preflop play in last few session is somithing like 11/9 but also very tight postflop.
      Meaning aggresive play postflop, with not so many WTSD hands. If I went there, it was always with a made hand. So if you see me on stars, you can bluff me.
      Bad thing is that I ran 3 times already KK vs AA preflop - guess who had KK. Can't beleive it can happen to me so many times. If I filter KK in HEM it's a losing starting hand??!!
      Also had two big suckdowns with a runner runner hands 98/2% favourite on the flop.

All in all I'll not be a girl and wine, dispite that I managed to turn some profit.

See ya.
      Goos luck to all.

Again KKvsAA as I wrote the last sentence.

Love this pokerstars