New Player Progress :) $50 - $1000

• muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      (EDIT... think i will try chart how i progress from here on in as i see a lot of others doing it and it might help keep me focused and moving in the right direction :)

Hi, just wanted to say a quick ty to pokerstrategy. Started with the 50 free start up at beginning of last month on full tilt and have managed to now have 350+ to continue to play with by the end of that month :)

Lets hope august will be kind too and i can start moving up from the 1/2/3 buyins and continiue to progress :) thanks again...

keep the faith, i think i will and see how this runs, gl all, bye :)

thanks again poker strategy!
  • 15 replies
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      well, i have started out playing $1/2/3 mtts and a few sit an goes. Want to focus on mtt as think its my best option. One month in now i guess, managed to hit a couple of final tables, 3rd and 4th in cashout games, an eight in another, and a number of late finishes that didnt run well enough to really count. 1st tie is my best to date and has bumped me up nicely. Pays for all the close finishes that werent to be :)

Sitting on 350+ roll for now and want to continue to progress so ill let you all know how i get on, all the best, glglgl
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Keep it coming :)
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      Thanks Hadi, i tryed to do as you said :)

back to say hello, HELLO :) Had 2 weeks away in the sun last two weeks of august so im back to it now the last week or so. Took some shots up at $5 mtts but not much success. Ran bad no cash for 25 str8 mtts which wasnt nice but it happens and it hit me back a little.

Good news but, hit a 2.20 for $260 today which puts me right back on track for the time being.

Stats so far last 2 months July 1 - Sept 11

150 games played

$430 profit (plus im still running off my free $50 :)

Hope i can break the $500 mark soon and continue to move along.

Very best of luck all, ill be back with more good news ASAP (fingers crossed ;)
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      HiHi, just a quick update - Little over 3 months in now, up an down a little with a couple of recent late finishes that didnt run well enough. 10th in the daily A just didnt cut it when i bust AQ top pair all in on turn -V- 2 rivered flushes 77 and 55 in their hands. Monster spot that would have been very tasty for the final table. Few other spots too that just would nt get me far enough!!

bad run when i hit the 3.30 90s also set me back slighty. ditched them pretty quick!

anyway... good news is im running at >$500 since starting with the $50 so all in all im still moving in the right direction.

time to try add some more $s to the cause :)

gl all, take care, back with good news asap :D
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      That's rather impressive - so you basically multiplied the free $50 tenfold in about three months? Very nice mate :)
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      Thanks Hadi, yeah its run okay so far. Recently had a couple of shots at $11 because i didnt mind taking a couple of shots while in profit but no luck there:) Ill just keep at the micros again till i get another chance to take a shot or two.

So Far - Started July and recieved a few no deposit bonuses on a good few sites. When i was up on fulltilt, i withdrew and min deposited on a number of those sites and that cleared any withdrawal restrictions, so i managed to get some free $ that way also. Found a good staking site and invested some profit in some very good cash/sng/mtt players. That has since turned some decent profit for me also.

All in all from starting with $0 start of july - I will have start of november (four months later) $800+ running total overall. Im going to focus all my play on full tilt and think the $1000 total by christmas is a very achievable goal just at the micros (six months total in alll) Im also in college full time, and probably for the next 5 years so really my long term goal is to stay in the game and progress as far as i can.

I hope that with keeping the right approach and bankroll strategy that come Jan 2011 Ill will be set with a bankroll that i can play consistently for the future and try see how far i can really take this. Thats been my initial goal for this little experiment, to get bankrolled off $0 and see how far i can really take it.

All in all, its been a good challenege so far. Ill keep giving updates as it really would be nice to see that its very possible to make money long term from $0 :D

+ROI on $0 is possible, yay :)
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      So all in all total $800+

Will be back asap when i crash through the 1k mark gogogo

gl all at the tables!!
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      found a few $ i had on an ipoker account that i forgot about :)

bit of HU cash and 5th in a 1k mtt knocked me up a little...

Running at $900+

come on the 1k!!!
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      Well that happened quicker than i expected, ran well last night and tonight just hit a 3rd in a $5.50 on Fulltilt for $140...

1k passed overall...

So just need to keep at it now!

What number will i make the next goal, better keep it realistic :)

gl all gogogo!
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      Okay, time for a new thread, so if anyone cares ill link it below.

Just finish this out with another big TY to pokerstrategy, Thanks! And gll all at the tables, glgl.
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      .. are you playing on FT?

Cheers

Jass
    • GodfatherDh
      GodfatherDh
      Bronze
      where do you play and under which name ?? I'm interested to see your stats!

Good luck
    • trivaa90
      trivaa90
      Bronze
      Good luck man :)
    • muireann19
      muireann19
      Bronze
      Thanks everyone, yep most of my plays been on fulltilt.

Im under same user as here. All i use is poker db/sharscope/opr to track any play for the time being myself. Think im gonna focus on tilt for now, possibily stars also in the future if everything goes to plan.

just busted 15/705 in a $2.20! doh! thought another little bankroll boost was on the way. ah well, not to be this time:)

gl all, gogogo!

Gonna keep at it and see how far i can push it so heres new thread -

$1k reached from $0 - Time to keep going :)
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      I think I have played on your table at FT thought the name was familiar

Jass