[NL20-NL50] NL50SH: pure bluff

• funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      We are in hand with AJs,
      BU is uknown players who has after 25 hands
      VP40 / PFR40/3bet 22/AF 5.0 and is +1BI.

When he check flop, I gave him on range of big aces or small PP and decided go for bluff here lead to him, and did it as well on river, hoping that he will accept middle pair or slowplayed big pair.

Is this reasonable line in this situation?

Funktor

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $26.24
      BU:
      $99.16
      SB:
      $57.20
      BB:
      $20.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $54.05

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      CO posts deadblind, Hero raises to $2.00, CO folds, BU raises to $7.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $5.00.

Flop: ($15.25) 4, 8, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($15.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.00, BU calls $10.00.

River: ($35.25) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $22.00, BU calls $22.00.

Final Pot: $79.25.
      Results do not follow:
  • 5 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Platinum
      Fold preflop. It just sucks to play oop with a marginal hand like AJs. As played, villain could easily check for pot control with marginal pair f.e. with A8 or A4 thus will always calldown. Out of curiosity, what would you have done if villain is cbetting that flop?
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      I would most likely fold to his c-bet... if he had lower 3-bet (but in this sample size is mostlikely error) it is for me definite fold.

Funktor
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      When player is really aggro I don´t mind 4-bet pf and then call shove with AJs or shove directly, but I think call is also fine
      I think postflop is fine, he may look you up with 8x or 7x that he likely has if he checked back flop and called turn, doubt he has there flushdraw too often.
      So I think barreling river is fine, he is going to fold quite often since flushdraw completed
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      Vilain actually called down with AK high in this hand. Could this be ever possible line and +EV?

When I do I want to call AK high? I know teory here only for FL, NL and AK high on river is still mystery for me ;) .

Funktor
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by funktor
      Vilain actually called down with AK high in this hand. Could this be ever possible line and +EV?

When I do I want to call AK high? I know teory here only for FL, NL and AK high on river is still mystery for me ;) .

Funktor
      It depends. If you´re bluffing there with AJ then it is :)
      His logic for calldown is that you´re likely not valuebetting river smt like 99/66, so you either has Tx or better or pure bluff and since he checked back flop he decided to go to showdown. Generally it depends so much game dynamic and his/your image, that I can see how this can be +ev, although you get valuetowned there a lot of times int he future so I´d rather take b/f line on the flop than trying to get my AK to showdown