Demonic226 HUSNG, Now a proud father!

• Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      I just introduced myself in the introduction section but I will do it again here.

I'm Demonic226 and I'm from the Netherlands, but currently living in Copenhagen,Denmark. I play the $24 9man SNG's on Full Tilt. I stumbled upon this forum because of this awesome SNG Player: Lessthanthree.

I started my poker journey, like many others, when I saw poker on TV and got hooked. I started playing poker back in 2007 and after a few failed attempts I decided to move to TitanPoker with a deposit deal. I started grinding out the $3 SNG's there and moved my way up until the $24's. I didn't know a lot back then and things started to get worse and I didn't understand why.

About that time (March 2008) I discovered the great first deposit bonus on Full Tilt and decided to move to Full Tilt, also because the traffic was way higher than it was on TitanPoker.

I decided to start at the $12's there because I wanted to learn more before moving to the $24's. The learning is of course still going on, as one should never stop learning and studying SNG's.

After a few failed attempts to move to the $24's I recently gave it another try and hope to stay there for good now. I don't really want to be someone that just blames variance for it, but anyway it's giving me a hard time with about 150BI running below EV at the $24's alone. But I also started to realize that I cannot change that, so as hard as it is I will try to focus on my skills rather than the way I run.

I plan to stay there by just studying my ass off and keep learning new things, which is why I decided to join PokerStrategy.

So the recent situation is that I'm 12 tabling the $24's and from this point I will keep track of my progress in this blog.

I already saw a few familiar names in Lessthanthreee his blog so I hope we can get some good discussions going here!
  • 1171 replies
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      I'm not going to set my goals for October because it's already getting to it's end so I think that's pretty useless. My goals for November will be:

- Acquire enough points for the blackcard
      - Play 1k SNG's at minimum
      - Maintain IronMan status

I will probably add more goals at the end of this month. I'm still studying so I can't put a shitload of volume in but 1k must be doable I think. Another goal for the end of the year is that I want to be playing the $36's by then.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Hey Demonic, I remember you from my SNG days.

Cheers and GL in your games.
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Hi,

Yeah I remember you too. Did you switch to CG or what are u upto these days?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      hey hey!

will be watching this blog with keen interest. GL on the 24s.

:)

ps. post a lifetime graph imo ;)
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Man do I love the weekend players, they have put me on a nice heater. The EV line doesn't agree tho, so I'll do some more studying tomorrow probably.

I said earlier that I wasn't going to post any goals for October but actually I will, because it's a good motivator to keep me on the grind.

October goals are:

- Playing 1.5k SNG's (1.1k at the moment so on the right track)
      - Maintaining IronMan status (have 7 days left to go so I can skip one day still)
      - Finishing in the top 25 in the rake race on my RB site (top 35 at the moment)
      - Finishing in the top 30 on the LB of FTP (top 45 at the moment)
      - Study at least 3 more hours
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by Demonic226
      Hi,

Yeah I remember you too. Did you switch to CG or what are u upto these days?
      yup, switched to CGs
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      October is over and has been a month with mixed feelings. The first part of the month was 12's and the second part was 24's. At first I ran pretty well but after that it came down a bit. I didn't have so much time to play at the end of the month so I dropped a bit on the leaderboards. Anyway, stats for the month:

$12 9 man: 10.3% ROI over 630 games for $775
      $24 9 man: 1% ROI over 670 games for $156
      Rakeback: $531
      Bonusses: $70

Total Amount this month: $1532

Graph:
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      The beginning of November is going quite okay, thanks to the weekend I've been running over 8% after 250 games, but I'm not quite happy about my volume so I need to work on that. It seemed to me that this SNG madness was a bit different than the previous ones, because the games were not as reg infested as they used to be during madness. That may have to do with the fact that they incorporated ST's into the madness.

I'm also starting to study more compared to the past so that's a good thing, let's hope I can keep that up.
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      I'm running quite good this month, but still not happy with volume. Today I had my biggest day ever with +26BI at the $24's. I feel like I'm adjusting to reg shoves better and better so that's a huge improvement in my game.
    • Schris7
      Schris7
      Bronze
      hey there ! my first tip is to deactivate bb code at your signature :D

Also dont rush to climp to the 36s cause i dont want more competition yet :D
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Yeah dunno what's going on with the BB code.

After a good start of the month things went downhill this week, with the biggest one yesterday. I'm getting coolered like a lot and sometimes it seems KK,AA and AK are everywhere :f_eek:

I still feel quite good about studying tho and I recently started to study together with a reg at the $24's. If anyone else is interested in some strat talk, just let me know.

As for my goal of being BC member at the end of the month, that's still possible although I have to squeeze out some more games. Sadly I couldn't play that much this week because I had some problem with my contact lenses, (one broke and it was my last one in stock, so that sucked as I had to wait a couple of days for new ones) and it's very annoying to play with just one. So I played the bare minimum to keep on track for Ironman this month.

I'm also getting some coaching from Lessonthree coming weekend, to check up on my game and hopefully improve some. Awesome promotion man, thnx for that!
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Pffffffff, I just wish this downswing would stop. I went from +65BI to +6.5BI in just 300 games this month. As said before studying quite a lot and I feel like I'm playing really well but the coolers and suckouts just keep coming.

Sorry I just have write some frustration away on this blog, probably not so fun to read.

I ran into a very bad spite today from a BE reg which I was quite suprised about because he's usually quite tight, I guess he was tired of me jamming into him all the time or something. Anyway, here's the hand:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 24 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t1770)
      BB (t2770)
      UTG (t5410)
      Button (t3550)

Hero's M: 5.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 7
      2 folds, Hero bets t1770 (All-In), BB calls t1570 with 6, J
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      its loose. but not really a spite. nash is JTs+ here.

so if you are pushing wider than nash against him then it could be a good call.

but you probably aren't so its a bad call. but a spite would be like if he called with 82o. this is just a bit too loose.
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      its loose. but not really a spite. nash is JTs+ here.

so if you are pushing wider than nash against him then it could be a good call.

but you probably aren't so its a bad call. but a spite would be like if he called with 82o. this is just a bit too loose.
      You're right, not a spite but it's still bad imo. Even on 100% shoverange it's just a BE call.
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Boomswitch off pls? I've learned my lesson dear mr. Full Tilt, I'll never disrespect you again :(

Tomorrow I've a coaching session with lessonthree, so let's hope he can talk some confidence in me cause it's really low atm.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      So I had the coaching sessions with lessthanthree, I think it went very well and he showed me some nice tricks how to deal with certain situations. We also had some good discussions and he ensured me my game was pretty solid which is always good to hear.

Anyway, yesterday I played this hand and I was wondering what the optimal line would be in this spot? Button is a regular who would presummably be raising around 30% in this spot, and calling my shove with 3-4% tops I think. Should I just shove here or should I flat and play some postflop action because of the shortie in BB?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 24 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds (3 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t5905)
      Hero (SB) (t5865)
      BB (t1730)

Hero's M: 13.03

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, 10
      Button bets t640, Hero ??
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      ^I think I would shove there, we should have a ton of fold equity and ATs is way ahead of his range. Going for a flop kinda sucks tho, we have to play so cautiously and fold almost every flop if he gets aggressive.

But flatting and donking any flop also looks kinda sexy. maybe post this in the hand evaluation forums? :)

anyway i'm playing the 12s now and maybe going to take shots at the 24s soon. I'm looking to do some review of hands from this month in the next few days, if you are interested you can skype me at elhh1982
    • Demonic226
      Demonic226
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      ^I think I would shove there, we should have a ton of fold equity and ATs is way ahead of his range. Going for a flop kinda sucks tho, we have to play so cautiously and fold almost every flop if he gets aggressive.

But flatting and donking any flop also looks kinda sexy. maybe post this in the hand evaluation forums? :)

anyway i'm playing the 12s now and maybe going to take shots at the 24s soon. I'm looking to do some review of hands from this month in the next few days, if you are interested you can skype me at elhh1982
      The suggestion of posting them in the hand evaluation forum is an excellent idea, except that I only have Silver status so I can't acces the proper forum for that :(

I will add you on skype.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Demonic226
      Originally posted by elhh82

The suggestion of posting them in the hand evaluation forum is an excellent idea, except that I only have Silver status so I can't acces the proper forum for that :(

I will add you on skype.
      just post in the silver forum imo :) people will till reply there.