The Featured Table: Application Thread

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      We would like to present you a new video concept: the Featured Table. The idea behind it is pretty simple: six players (three coaches and three PokerStrategists) sit down at an NL 100 short-handed table on PartyPoker and we record their play.

Unlike other videos, you will able to see all the players' hole cards and we will also provide you with commentary from TwiceT and Somnius. These two will also be playing and they will be joined by TheLastNail, as well as three other PokerStrategists.

If you want to be part of the "Featured Table" project, you just have to write a post in which you tell us why you deserve to get the seat.

After the application phase is over, we will ask the community to select which three members get the remaining seats. You have time until the 2nd of November to send in your application, so don't hesitate and apply for the "Featured Table" today!

Here are the details behind the "Featured Table" project:
      • Game format: NL 100 SH cash game
      • Poker room: PartyPoker
      • Date: November 10th, 21:00 GMT
      • Length: one hour
      • Bonus: Each participant will receive $50 as a thank you!
      • Additional info: the "7-2" rule will be used. This means that if a player wins a hand with 7-2 (suited or unsuited) and shows it, he will get an additional $10 from PokerStrategy.com.

At the end of this session, the one with the biggest profit will also receive a PokerStrategy.com hoodie from our shop.

For more information, please check our news post below:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/37855
  • 53 replies
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Do you cover our losses? Cuse otherwise it doesn't make much sense to play against pros :D
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Originally posted by z1pz0r
      Do you cover our losses? Cuse otherwise it doesn't make much sense to play against pros :D
      This... =p
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I would like to play wether you cover loses or not
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Guess untracked accounts not allowed?
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Edit:application deleated b/c i realized i have uni at the time that this is happening. ;(
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I'd want to play.. even though i don't think i'd get picked. But if it's NL100SH then one buy in alone is already $100..

I don't exactly understand how this can be +EV? you'll be playing against very good players.. and even if you manage to get lucky and win the most of everyone which is not very likely even if you are better then you only win a 40 euro hoodie? really? that's less then 1 buy in which you can easily lose..
      So i don't really see how it'd be an honor or a prize to win this "seat".. Since it's -EV.. and not even a chance to win something decent..

My suggestion: Either stake the 3 players for 1 buy in and let them keep the bi+ profits and make the prize a significant amount.. Honestly $300 Bi's + like atleast a $300 prize? It's pennies for pokerstrategy.com
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      It's not promotion with added prizes obv^^ It's all about presenting a new format of educational videos, with Somnius' and TT's commentaries. Don't look at it as a chance to win something, learn something instead..

And it's not for NL100 players probably, not for <NL100 at all.
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Guess untracked accounts not allowed?
      Untracked accounts are fine, so long as you have a Party account and are at least bronze level on PS.com :f_biggrin:
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      Originally posted by i5bet72o

1)Ok I am going to follow in thomas41on1 example. If I manage to win money in this cash game, i'll split half my profits between 2 people who voted for me.

oh please can you people stop with this shit already?
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Silent21, Bierbaer and mbml should deffo apply..

that would be sick lineup:P
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      yea cmon guys, this is not about winning something.. Its a great idea to see some fun action =) ..
      Some nl200+ players with solid egos should get into it.. we wanna see some lvling war :D nl100 isnt that much for such players even if they lose.. and its just 1 hour..
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Btw Ihufa is a must imho :D
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      BREAKING NEWS:

Pokerstrategy.com has decided to give each participant $50 as well so no excuses not to gamble it up imo! :f_biggrin:
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      BREAKING NEWS:

Pokerstrategy.com has decided to give each participant $50 as well so no excuses not to gamble it up imo! :f_biggrin:
      Victory! :f_biggrin:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      BREAKING NEWS:

I heard it was your initiation to GIB to hand over a weeks pay, that's why they are getting $50? :f_cool:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      EDIT: Won't be available
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by opal99
      It's not promotion with added prizes obv^^ It's all about presenting a new format of educational videos, with Somnius' and TT's commentaries. Don't look at it as a chance to win something, learn something instead..

And it's not for NL100 players probably, not for <NL100 at all.
      i so doubt that anyone on that table will play A+ game from which you can learn something new except how to fps at its best

Originally posted by GooRukYONG
      Silent21, Bierbaer and mbml should deffo apply..

that would be sick lineup:P
      not as splashing around at nl100 will hurt me/us, i still cant find the value in this game... fun ?

anyway i have rl issues and i am still in BG, if i fix everything and go back to BA soon i might apply just to c/r TLN on every street

ps. if PS sponsor the first buyin i promise to ship it pre the first hand for entertaining value :D
    • ladman
      ladman
      Bronze
      If you let me play I officially promsise to the whole PS community to streak across Helmuth's entrance in the WSOPE 2011
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i wouldn't mind playing but party poker bans Singapore. Unless someone can lend me an account to play on hehe