Hello from k4ileb

• k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      Hi guyz ....

Ok... About me ... I joined poker on early september this year ...

Deposited 50$ and made a profit of 150$ in a month....
      Withdrew my 50$ and kept playing but without discipline and reckless BR management .... so in 10 days i was totally broke :)

so a challenge is all i need
      I wanna make the starting capital ( 50$ ) -> 250 at least

now i got the starting capital on partypoker and playing about 10 days i have 61$ BR .... I am multitabling 0.01/0.02 NL cash ( 6-9 tables )

I feel pretty comfortable at that stakes but always im in a badbeat and lose a lot of money and a lot of confidence ....
      I think i will manage to profit from this grinding but i need patience ....

before i win the starting capital i was playing 18man and 27man SnG 1.10$ or 2.20$ and i was really comfortable there ... was about 70% in the final table and about 40-50% in bubble ....

ok so what i need is really good advice ...
      As i said im grinding NL 0.01/0.02 cash full ring but i think i profit slowly and getting bored...
      I really prefer SnG format and enjoy playing this type of poker
      Can you tell me ur opinion ? what should i play ? cash or SnG ?
      what limits and what bankroll management ?
      Full ring or 6-max ?

and a last question .. i want a software to track my progress but i don't know any of them ... so tell me if i can download/buy a good software and how it works ...

any help and advice is welcome mates .
      thanks in advance and HELLO again :P ,
      k4ileb
  • 14 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey k4ileb,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the Community.

Shame about losing your starting capital but we learn from our mistakes right..

Challenge sounds like a good idea to keep you focused and not to go down the bad BRM road again.
      BRM is really important to a successful poker career.

Regarding
      Can you tell me ur opinion ? what should i play ? cash or SnG ? what limits and what bankroll management ? Full ring or 6-max ?

I think you already answered that yourself...
      As i said im grinding NL 0.01/0.02 cash full ring but i think i profit slowly and getting bored... I really prefer SnG format and enjoy playing this type of poker
      ;)
      Play what you enjoy. No-one can tell you what to play.

For software, PokerStrategy.com offers PokerStrategy Elephant. It's 100% free and all you need to do is gain 1,000 PokerStrategy points to unlock it.
      Other than that there is Hold'em Manager and PokerTracker 3 which can bought from their websites.

I hope this has helped and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. Goodluck and remember, BRM, study and enjoy the game :f_biggrin:

regards,

Kyle.
    • k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      hi and thanks for the answer ...

yes i enjoy more SnG cause they have more action but i think that cash games are more profitable if you are dedicated and make no mistakes ....

SnG just scare me a lot cause it will happen to lose a 12 of them in a row ... and them my self-esteem will fall and im afraid if i hurt my bankroll....

that's why i prefer cash.... it's more safe in my opinion ....
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Both formats of the game can be profitable. There is no easy way to explain that neither game is more profitable than the other.
      If you study the game and take time to analyse your game you will make money in whatever game you choose.
      Also, losing 12 SnGs in a row can just be standard variance. Take a look at our Downswing Thread and you will see you can have massive downswings and the variance can be harsh in both formats.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      yes i know about variance but im in a critical spot where i don't want to hurt my bankroll... if i hurt my bankroll im lost.... and if i have a bad run on SnG im break...
      in cash i can be more carefull with my bankroll....

just the 1$ BI in SnG for my 60$ BR is pretty scary ....

i told you i was playing 2.20$ SnGs with 140$ BR and got broke cause i had bad sessions and wanted my money back so i joined Rush Poker (really bad idea) and 2.20$BI guaranteed Prize pool tournament Rush Poker....

should i use x25 BI rule for SnG or x50 BI rule ? or even safer x100 ?
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey mate,

for SnGs, you should play at about 2% of your BR, so 50 BIs. Don't tilt, stick to BRM and you should be good - just make sure you keep a constant game :)

Hadi
    • OnkelHotte
      OnkelHotte
      Black
      Listen to Hadi, he is damn right here:)
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by k4ileb
      yes i know about variance but im in a critical spot where i don't want to hurt my bankroll... if i hurt my bankroll im lost.... and if i have a bad run on SnG im break...
      in cash i can be more carefull with my bankroll....

just the 1$ BI in SnG for my 60$ BR is pretty scary ....
      I know exactly how you feel; 50BI can be pretty scary especially when you're multitabling.
      But, study hard and you'll be fine. Post LOTS of hands in the forums here, the micro SnG hand judges Chenny8888 and Lessthanthreee are both epic pro, you'll learn lots. Study lots, and continue to enjoy your poker, and your small BR will be a 4-digit one before you know it (see my blog for proof it can be done :P )
    • k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91
      I know exactly how you feel; 50BI can be pretty scary especially when you're multitabling.
      But, study hard and you'll be fine. Post LOTS of hands in the forums here, the micro SnG hand judges Chenny8888 and Lessthanthreee are both epic pro, you'll learn lots. Study lots, and continue to enjoy your poker, and your small BR will be a 4-digit one before you know it (see my blog for proof it can be done :P )
      Hi mate and thanks for the answer ....

I'll follow your blog ....

Right now im still playing NL2 and my BR is about 73$ ... i think i 'll give a shot at SnG even though im comfortable at NL2 ....
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Before risking your BR, try and see how SnGs suit you in playmoney games :)

Hadi
    • k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      i was a SnG player at full tilt....

i was playing 18-man , 28-man SnGs and i was pretty solid.... i was almost every time at the final table and around 60-75% in the bubble....

i know the SnG model and i have a good strategy to get away from troublemaking situations...
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      That slipped my mind ;) Well keep us posted mate, have you considered starting a blog?
    • k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hadi
      That slipped my mind ;) Well keep us posted mate, have you considered starting a blog?
      Yeah, i will start a blog soon .

I want to study, learn , win and become a solid player :) and of course with discipline ...
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by k4ileb
      Originally posted by Hadi
      Yeah, i will start a blog soon .

I want to study, learn , win and become a solid player :) and of course with discipline ...
      JUST DON'T TILT! :D

I've seen so many blogs around here that are like "Yeah I studied poker for 5 hours today I feel great about my game bla bla bla bla" but then the next day they're like "OMG I got 2-outered me on the bubble twice so I tilted and blew my whole BR in HU cash game FML".
      ^ Definitely don't do that :P
    • k4ileb
      k4ileb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gedwashere91

JUST DON'T TILT! :D

I've seen so many blogs around here that are like "Yeah I studied poker for 5 hours today I feel great about my game bla bla bla bla" but then the next day they're like "OMG I got 2-outered me on the bubble twice so I tilted and blew my whole BR in HU cash game FML".
      ^ Definitely don't do that :P
      hhahahaha .... yeah i know ....

i tilted at FT , had 180$ winnings and in about one week they dissapear... i had the worst sessions ever and tilted... joined rush poker and lost everything...

now i know why BRM is so important ! 1c/2c NL BSS till 130$ bankroll !!! slow but steady :) ... im at 80$ right now :s_cool: