Skip to forum
a journey in heads-...
 
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] a journey in heads-up sng 2-7 no limit single draw

33 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
7,787 Views
Kimber88
Joined: 08.07.2008
PokerStrategist

Hey,

If you got Skype, please add me. It's in my sig.


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

day 16

10 hu. 8 win 2 loss.. I sucked out on 2 of my win..I'll take them anyways :tongue:.

I'm at 174.16$so 35.84 to go... :)

I let myself get distracted by my neighbors and their fricking boom-boom techno music... now i have nothing against techno per se but when your neighbors only listen to that all day and all night and they like to put the volume up of course so i hear it...

enough about the rant, I'm thinking about changing my goals a bit before moving up, I said I would move up to the 10$ with 1000$ bankroll but I do think it I should lower it to 550$ that way I'm moving up with a decent amount of buy-in, I guess the key is to know when to move down.

lemme know what you think

until the next grinding update

moonwolf

P.s kimber i don't skype but if you want to chat by messenger or yahoo just send me a pm, that goes for everyone.


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

I guess I am due to for an update. had some personal problem my big brother decided to go missing and since he has a drug problem... we got scared a bit so my mind wasn't in playing poker really and made the good thing of not playing :)

so day 17 was 8 and 3 and it was your normal newbies get in the game don't know what they're doing get fed up and just push all the time.

day 18 only played 3 2 win 1 loss didn't feel right

day 19 8 win 3 loss

so bankroll is closing in on the 200$ mark at 191.16

ttyl

moonwolf


Hey man, 1st i'd like to say its real interesting reading about ur progress and u are doing great!! It seems a shame u are not atleast playing $30-50 levels as u would crush these also:-) I want to help u move up the levels quicker but only if u want, contact me on msn messenger or hotmail.....robhogger@hotmail.com
Best of luck man, Rob.


wow great progress... when i first saw this thread i thought this would be something interesting to see and I have to say I am surprised how soft these games sound but I guess that is to the fact that only stars offers them I think . Keep it up. :f_biggrin:


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

ok update time

so someone decided to offer me a stake to play at the 20$ level and we split the profits 50/50 and I have to admit I felt some pressure at 1st since it isn't my money per say and you feel like you have to win but by talkung with him he reassured e that I shouldn't feel any pressure since he believes in my skills and since I only play one table and that it's a not so popular game my sample was good enough for him.

our trial as we call it, is on 100 games on the 20$ level mixed with 10$ ones and we'll see afterwards. I do know I'll be doing my best to not dissapoint him or myself.

so now the dreaded 10$ and 20$ ones... people know how to play, didn't meet one fish yet who just gave away their money they all made me work. one thing that bugs me is that no one seems to play 20$...
have to wait one hour at times. Good thing i can do other stuff like facebooking :P

seriousy though if any of you wants to play on the 20$ level i highly suggest a test run on the 2 or 5$ ones for at least 200 games to see if you're ''good'' enough. so as far as result

after 9games at those levels
6 of them wre at the 20$ and I'm 4 and 2
3 of them at the 10$ 2 and 1
so 6 and 3

total profit so far 42.25$

talk to you later


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

ok update time

I'm playing less than I was before since I started this new job and the training is during the evening so it's harder to find people in the first place

now onto result after 20 heads up

13 win 7 losses the xact break down of those

10$ level 6-4
20$ level 6-3
30$ level 1-0

so total profit since the move up:) close to a hundred 97.50 to be exact ♠_biggrin:

I'll make my update after each 10 heads-up

ttyl soon

moonwolf


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

ok I said i would do an update after 10 more heads-up but decided to give you my result for yesterday.

6 hu at 10$

5 win 1 loss so a good sunday

so after 26 heads-up at those new levels I'm 18 and 8 loss not so bad just roughly the same winrate that i had at the 2$ level

if I keep this up (which I believe will happen) my backer will be happy in our relationship and get a nice return on his investment. and i'll be able to end our agreement and have a new set of goals

so for now my set of goals is the following

reach a bankroll of 600$ by myself currently it's at 65$ since I split profit 50/50 so my bankroll = backer profit too so 535 to go... there's no time frame for that but the sooner the better :)
maintain a winrate of 65% after 100 games (current is 69% after 26games)
maintain notes
and work on a strategy for 2-7 nl heads-up since there's nothing like that on pokerstrategy.

see you later


Dont you think plaing headsup sng's with 13 buyins is asking to go bust?

I just looked up the top guy playing $10 sng's and he has had multiple 50 buyin downswings and regular 25 buyin downswings. When I say regular I mean every 100 games or so


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by lennonac
Dont you think plaing headsup sng's with 13 buyins is asking to go bust?

I just looked up the top guy playing $10 sng's and he has had multiple 50 buyin downswings and regular 25 buyin downswings. When I say regular I mean every 100 games or so

I'm not playing with 13 buy-in I have close to 500$in my pokerstars account = another 400 from my backer in case things go wrong so total bankroll is at 900 something. If this was sng at 2-7 I would agree that its sounds like suicide to play those and if this was nlhe heads-up I would agree much more.

However the game that I play is heads-up 2-7 and I have an edge against regular people. if by 13-buyin you mean for when I did my 30$ heads-up it's quite simple, I faced a guy at the 10$ level I knew I was better skilwise but heluckboxed is way in.. declined my rematch and goes sit on a 30$ buy-in heads-up and i won my match... there's some people I wouldn't face afterwards because I know we're of equal skills but in his case it was worth the risk since I knew I could beat him.

I normally play at the 10-20$ level so my BRM is agressive but ok when I know I have an edge. if I ever switch to a more popular game then yes your advice would apply. I'm stilll playing with close to 60 buy-in when you think about it.

if you wanna debate some more feel free, always nice to discuss and share different point of views

kudos

moonwolf


I miss understood you saying your bankroll was at $65


peche025
Joined: 14.12.2008
Oldschool Grinder

hey moonwolf,

it's really nice to see a blog of a different game and you've been making great progress. I hope you keep it up.

peche


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by peche025
hey moonwolf,

it's really nice to see a blog of a different game and you've been making great progress. I hope you keep it up.

peche

thanks, I hope to keep it up too.. we all want to make money even if it's baby steps, we all want to get better in skills and be one day the next big thing like durr or Ivey or Negreanu.

ok so a little day for me
only 4 heads-up

10$ 1/2
20$ 1/0
today'sprofit 7.50

so after 30 heads-up in my new levels I'm 20/10 so good for a 66% winrate.

people are way tougher than at the 2$ level they know how to bkluff some bluff way too much and others are tight. The calling stations are gone :( I get loose caller that will call with qhigh or a hard jack i.e j109 64.

I'm probably too tight at times though and sometimes I'm just unlucky or the other is unlucky like on sunday I guy pushed all in with 87542 I had 85432 so I called him of course but I would understands if he swore a bit.

I can adapt myself to most opponents but sometimes I take a long time and I make some spite calls that I just shouldn't do... at least i can recognize these things and just step away before it's too late. this morning I played 2 10$ and just lost them, 1st one was really just my fault I wasn't able to ''kill'' the person when I had the chance (she had like 400 left out of the starting stack of 1500) then she made a hand and I makde the mistake of calling and and another mistake soon followed and the roles were reversed.

2nd game I was just being outplayed, I wouldn't say that he's better than me but he really knew how to play and he made a better ahnd i tried to bluff him and didn't work so lost the game shortly afterwards. then i knew i needed a break I wasn't playing like I usually do so took a nap for about 2 hours, made myself some coffee cleaned a bit, checked the news, facebook ect then came back and won my 2 heads-up. So to anyone reading this, play when you feel good, calm and ready to play, if you know you have to wash the dishes just do it and then start poker, that way you're only focused on it and not on the other stuff like groceries or what will we eat tonight.

talk to you soon

moonwolf


Share: