Skip to forum
Germanys next grind...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Germanys next grindette: Just for fun! (Sit and) go, girl!

3,588 Posts
110 Users
2010 Reactions
323.9 K Views
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

The memories are coming back....

I (re-)start so sense fear and weakness - and attack! Whatever I hold in my hand. It just doesn´t matter. I started to raise more often preflop, constructing now a wider raise-range :f_biggrin: At the moment I mainly play Double or Nothing Sit and Go because those are ot so time consuming. Many Villains are tight or sometimes even nits; for me a very good chance to try out new things, to look carefully for spots where you can kick people out of the pot, beeing aware of my table image and always checking if the flop/board structure is suitable to it, thinking about the story I could tell .... :f_biggrin: Because HUD is disabled at PartyPoker I was just taking a lot of notes. I started with things that caught immediately my eyes, like someone is open pushing with eff stack >22 (and then showing something like Ax or 66), or donking flop with middle pair or worse (...guess you know my "answer" to that "move" :f_biggrin:), going all in with 1800 Chips or so when the pot is about 200 chips, mostly with bottom or middle pair or a (weak) draw, who is trapping, who limps with premium hands, who is ICM aware (at my limits maybe one or two people at the table :f_ugly:)...etc.

I watched carefully the betting patterns, the raise frequencies and of course the point, when Villains start adjust to my play (and try to trap me, play rope-a-dope, etc.)

I tried out a couple of new moves. Not all of them succeeded of course, it requires practice and experience but it was so much fun! :f_thumbsup:

The more I play the more memories I get back.... :f_thumbsup:


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Quote of the day:

"...if you don't have any info on your opponent, then don't assume he's someone capable of identifying good ICM pressure spots -- there's a much higher chance that he has legitimately picked up a hand he's willing to go with"

"If you're the player looking to apply ICM pressure, it's often better to just openshove or 3bet shove, even if it's an overbet. Your risk/reward ratio is worse. But you completely take the play away from your opponent(s); the only way they can fight back is if they're lucky enough to be dealt a premium hand strong enough to call.

If you're the player facing ICM pressure, and a reg opponent makes a smaller raise, you will usually have a ton of fold equity if you shove - typically more than enough to show a profit despite it being a disastrous outcome if you're called."

(source: http://www.cardrunners.com/blog/Collin%20Moshman)

Very good to know, especially when I will play a tourney with a bit higher buy-in (and I am "only" the one who qualified by freeroll).


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Had a nice grinding yesterday and could play 100 SnGs this week, even a little bit more. On weekends the very very bad players are at the tables so I couldn´t play too aggro and try out moves but had to play classical ABC-poker instead. I was watching the mistakes Villains make and found this:

*no defence against C-bets
*poor blind defense (some of them)
*limping at high blind levels
*making wrong (too loose) calls at the bubble
*making wrong (too loose) pushes
*getting impatient at the bubble (or even before)
*tilting!!! when getting unlucky (always nice to see some nasty words in the chat)
*playing limp-call with marginal hands, then "fit or fold" at high blind levels
*overplaying marginal hands (pf as well as post-flop)
*not considering pot-odds

Don´t get me wrong: I don´t mean to judge anyone, I want to learn and get better and, of course, profit from those mistakes.

Had a quite nice session yesterday with some winning, I played an MTT and unfortunately busted with KK (jammed into AA).

*health:
As I mentioned it´s flu season. On Thursday my husband came home looking like a zombie :f_ugly: and on Friday he started sneezing, caughing, feeling weak and suffering from joint pains. And now I feel quite weak, tired and sleepy, having joint pains, nose clogged and I start caughing as well. Great! :f_ugly:

Hope it will get better so that I can play at least a little bit. At the moment I´m unable to play. :f_frown:

Cooked a nice carrot soup with ginger and made a lot of good hot tea.


Reply
Quote
IvicaIliev77
Joined: 31.05.2012
PokerStrategist

Great observations Prim. It shows that you used to play CG before. Your thinking process and the way you notice things will push you high in SNG stakes.
I am rooting for you!
:f_thumbsup:


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by IvicaIliev77
Great observations Prim. It shows that you used to play CG before. Your thinking process and the way you notice things will push you high in SNG stakes.
I am rooting for you!
:f_thumbsup:

Oh THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! This encourages me and makes me happy!!!


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Monday, reporting day, here comes my weekly report:

Week 4 of the Get Rich of Die Trying challenge:

Tourneys: 106
Hands: 4.119
Result: + 3,12 €
BR: 171.55 €
Started with: 165 €


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

My next steps:

*restarting PLO and PLO hi/lo (DoNs)
*Oh boy, can´t exactly remember how to interpret the PT4 HUD stats..? ...gotta re-learn it!!!
*improving pre- and postflop skills, especially the post-flop play must get better!
*improving MTT skills


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Hand of the day

This is how a bubble should look like

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 0.55 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds (4 Spieler) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://de.flopturnriver.com/

Hero (SB) (t3,005)
UTG (t1,160)
BB (t3,670)
Button (t4,165)

Hero's M: 3.34

Preflop: Hero ist SB mit K♥, K♣
UTG raises to t1,160 (All-In), 1 fold, Hero raises to t2,705 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: (t5,365) 6♣, 2♠, T♠

Turn: (t5,365) K♦

River: (t5,365) Q♠

Pot: t5,365


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Very nice sessions...

Yesterday and today I had some very nice session, played DoN and made nice winning :f_thumbsup: (report on Monday).

I´m getting more and more familiar with ICM and my hand reading skills are improving. I have the feeling that I´m getting better at poker.....

Hand of the day

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 0.22 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

SB (t1,500)
Hero (BB) (t1,500)
Button (t3,420)
UTG (t5,580)

Hero's M: 2.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8♠, K♥
UTG raises t800, 2 folds, Hero (poster) calls t400

Flop: (t2,400) 4♠, 5♠, J♣ (2 players)
Hero bets t300 (All-In), UTG calls t700

Turn: (t3,400) 5♥ (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t3,400) Q♥ (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t3,400

*health: Recovered well from the flu, husband is on the way to full recovery. This week I could take up my exercise routine again, he is still pausing (what he should!). Still sticking to the once-a-week-sweets rule. :f_thumbsup:

*work: ...proceeding..proceeding....step by step.... :f_pleased:


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

By the way: Should do some PLO therory and start to think about a more balanced range for c bets postflop. My pf raising range I already keep balanced from super premium hands down to just hot air. Then, I have to get better in blind defense, gotta get a much better intuition when to defend my blind against whom and with what? Sometimes it works with hot air but it strongly depends on Villain of course. In the lower limits many people will just call you with hands which normally belong to the raise-fold-range but the cards look pretty :f_ugly: Those who do so get a big fat huge note! :f_biggrin:

But how I play at the moment I´m gonna be shark food at the midstakes, so I have to work on my game ....


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Brief coffee break-info:

At the moment I only play on PartyPoker, clearing a bonus. I like PartyPoker very much! I´m thinking of quitting the crazy hyper turbos at Everest and switch to "only" turbos instead. The reason is variance. Hypers are extremely heavy in variance. I started to play them because I had very little time back then and you can play a lot of hypers even if you have only one hour time.

So I should think about what I should play on Everest or cash the money out and put everything on PartyPoker??

No idea yet...... :f_rolleyes:


Reply
Quote
SirPaulius
Joined: 19.11.2009
PokerStrategist

subbed !

Good luck ! :f_thumbsup:


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by SirPaulius
subbed !

Good luck ! :f_thumbsup:

Thank you :f_love:

Today I tried out some new moves - not all of them worked. I ran break-even :f_ugly:

Hands of the day

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 0.11 Tournament, 30/60 Blinds (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

BB (t3,450)
UTG (t3,070)
Hero (Button) (t3,680)
SB (t1,800)

Hero's M: 40.89

Preflop: Hero is Button with K♠, K♥
1 fold, Hero calls t60, 1 fold, BB (poster) raises to t3,390 (All-In), Hero calls t3,390

Flop: (t6,960) K♣, J♠, 3♥ (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t6,960) 7♥ (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t6,960) K♦ (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t6,960

Results below:
Hero had K♠, K♥ (four of a kind, Kings).
BB had T♥, A♦ (one pair, Kings).
Outcome: Hero won t6,930

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 0.55 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

SB (t1,020)
Hero (UTG) (t610)
BB (t3,820)
Button (t6,550)

Hero's M: 1.02

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 4♠, A♣
Hero raises to t610 (All-In), 1 fold, SB calls t410, BB (poster) calls t210

Flop: (t2,430) 2♠, 3♦, 5♦ (3 players, 1 all-in)
SB checks, BB bets t400, SB calls t210 (All-In), BB calls t10

Turn: (t3,050) 9♥ (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t3,050) 2♥ (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3,050

Results below:
SB had 6♣, 8♠ (one pair, twos).
BB had 2♦, 6♥ (three of a kind, twos).
Hero had 4♠, A♣ (straight, five high).
Outcome: BB won t820, Hero won t1,830

Funny

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 0.22 Tournament, 400/800 Blinds 100 Ante (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

UTG (t27,400)
BB (t17,000)
Hero (Button) (t36,509)
SB (t27,375)
MP (t50,875)
CO (t43,025)

Hero's M: 20.28

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8♦, J♦
UTG calls t800, 2 folds, Hero raises t1,600, 2 folds, UTG calls t800

Flop: (t6,200) 7♠, Q♠, 4♦ (2 players)
UTG bets t800, Hero raises t4,100, UTG raises t6,600, Hero calls t3,300

Turn: (t21,000) 9♣ (2 players)
UTG bets t800, Hero calls t800

River: (t22,600) 8♣ (2 players)
UTG bets t800

Total pot: t23,400

Results below:
Hero had 8♦, J♦ (one pair, eights).
UTG didn't show
Outcome: Hero won t23,400


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Good evening ladies and gentleman,
welcome to my report on my Sunday grind. The fold equity is zero zero, huston, we have a problem! We have only very few playable hands, we cannot push, help, SOS, they are calling and calling!!! Our bankroll is drowning in the river! :f_mad: (not really), We are surrounded by a huge herd of wild and aggressive donkeys, threatening our tournament lives!!

They are attacking us and we have no weapon! Two MTTs and a couple of Sit and Goes are already lost, they are eating us alive!

I´m a grindette - get me out of here!!!!!!

Yes, I have to report a little minus today. Not nice but not so bad. Still a nice plus this week.


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Lunch break and Monday report: Week 5 of the Get Rich or Die Trying Challange

Tourneys: 126
Hands: 5.278
Result: + 3.58 €
Bankroll: 175,13€
Starting BR was: 165 €
Goal: 1.000 €


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Hand of the day

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 0.22 Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (4 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG (t2,350)
BB (t2,560)
Hero (Button) (t2,680)
SB (t4,410)

Hero's M: 4.47

Preflop: Hero is Button with K♦, K♣
1 fold, Hero raises to t2,680 (All-In), 1 fold, BB (poster) calls t1,760 (All-In)

Flop: (t5,640) 6♥, T♦, T♥ (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t5,640) J♠ (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t5,640) K♠ (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t5,640

Hero had K♦, K♣ (full house, Kings over tens).
BB had A♣, A♠ (two pair, Aces and tens).
Outcome: Hero won t5,440


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Now most of my work is finished and so I can relax now a bit and work less till Christmas. So yesterday I could grind more but I didn´t have a good session. Maybe I had a bad day, was too tired but made some stupid mistakes plus got a couple of bad beats, lost all-ins as 70 % favourite and got tons of trash hands. Fortunately I could clear a bit of my bonus so the loss was small. I decided to move down a limit and play it through.

Then I analyzed my hands, found leaks, calculated EV for my pushes/folds/calls and learned from my mistakes! :f_thumbsup: In the evening I decided to just watch a couple of tables at PartyPoker just to observe my Villain-regs and take notes. Further, I observed the STTs at the mid stakes where I want to be one day. To my big surprise there still are some recreational (and loosing) players (I checked their profiles online). It was very interesting and I think I should just watch the games more often.

Further I found out how to mass-table even with my laptop and so I will add slowly more and more tables (at the moment 8).

Christmas is coming soon and I will take a break from the 24th till the 28th. I won´t grind but I will take some time to study theory which I neglected a bit during the last couple of weeks due to high work load.

Thus, no report next Monday.


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Moved up and having a bit more time, I played more MTTs. At the moment it´s going okay, the dealer is mean, giving me tons and tons of the worst crap hands in poker. :f_mad:

And since I use my pic here (Primrose Everdeen) at the tables many players added me as friend. :f_biggrin: Guess they think this is me. :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: By the way for those who don´t know the movie "The Hunger Games" --> my avatar represents Primrose Everdeen, a character in the movie, played by Willow Shields.


Reply
Quote
Primrose6789 Topic starter
Primrose6789
Joined: 01.07.2016
PokerStrategist

Oh boy, my last 3 sessions were pure horror! It´s my fault. It´s hard for me not beeing able to push people out of the pot. Now many people have Christmas vacation and the tables are full of recreational players, many of them are the so called "calling stations" (sorry, no offense! Guess that word is not nasty). So one relies more on the short-term "luck" at the moment. Of course you cannot bluff people who call you down with bottom or middle pair or call pf raises with K3o. Thus, I have to play tighter, I have to play classical TAG poker which is very nice of course but gets a little bit a problem when you just getting the worst trash hands for long time, your AK, AQ, AJ does not hit, either you have 3 callers or your c bet is getting called all the time.

Sorry for complaining, it´s my fault, it´s MY task to adjust properly.... the game can be very profitable if you get good hands, they will get payed. You have to be patient, wait for a good hand, bet for value and let them pay you (or get a nice suck out :f_biggrin:). But I think I personally have enough of this kind of play and would like to play a bit more tricky. But as we say in Germany: Life is not a pink ponyfarm or this is not "make a wish", this is "that´s the way it is". (Das Leben ist kein rosa Ponyhof, Wir sind nicht bei "wünsch Dir was" sondern bei "so ist es").

So here comes the part psychology and attitude. And it´s good that I found this leak in my game. I´m going to work on it!


Reply
Quote
IvicaIliev77
Joined: 31.05.2012
PokerStrategist

You got this Prim. Expect a lot from you in 2017 - mid stakes SNGs at least!


Reply
Quote
Share: