Skip to forum
Gervinho's Galaxy ツ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Gervinho's Galaxy ツ 4NL Back to Basics!

3,597 Posts
281 Users
0 Reactions
458.6 K Views
roopopper
Joined: 31.12.2010
PokerStrategist

nice job Gerv!!!! Congrats :f_thumbsup:


Reply
Quote

Well played Gervy-baby, knew you'd get there, awesome stuff. :f_love:

I finished 19th for $90, difficult to find a spot to get my short stack first in when you have Mr Gerv on the same table and sitting on my right ♦

All good fun and great to see the English Community all over this.

Wp sir and enjoy the experience ♠_thumbsup:

Bart


Reply
Quote
Gerv Topic starter
Gerv
Joined: 07.05.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by EagleStar88
Well played Gervy-baby, knew you'd get there, awesome stuff. :f_love:

I finished 19th for $90, difficult to find a spot to get my short stack first in when you have Mr Gerv on the same table and sitting on my right ♦

All good fun and great to see the English Community all over this.

Wp sir and enjoy the experience ♠_thumbsup:

Bart

Thanks Bart , Sorry you had to bust out :( Wish I could play you in the Finals

See you next time :f_grin:


Reply
Quote
fruktpuff
Joined: 24.09.2010
PokerStrategist

Grats!


Reply
Quote

What do you think about my move 3 handed with A2? I really thought you were full of @#$%, not expecting to run into AK...

BTW..... you had resteal 60% from the SB


Reply
Quote

Congrats on the results, man.

Just curious, why are you jamming 96o for 16bb? Or 44 for 30bb? Or am I misreading the chipstacks?


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by EagleStar88
Well played Gervy-baby, knew you'd get there, awesome stuff. :f_love:

I finished 19th for $90, difficult to find a spot to get my short stack first in when you have Mr Gerv on the same table and sitting on my right ♦

All good fun and great to see the English Community all over this.

Wp sir and enjoy the experience ♠_thumbsup:

Bart

Lol, you were the guy playing 7/5? I was raising your BB with any 2. And then Gerv realized that and I ran into the gates of hell..... :f_mad:


Reply
Quote
Gerv Topic starter
Gerv
Joined: 07.05.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by bjela
Congrats on the results, man.

Just curious, why are you jamming 96o for 16bb? Or 44 for 30bb? Or am I misreading the chipstacks?

Yes it was 16bb, he basically had a predefined calling range so basically I was Gervshoving and hoping for the best with 96o. I can't really outplay him by openlimping the BTN and go from there. I did that already 5 times in a row and he seemed to be playing back against me

He was a very fit or fold player but I think I was a bit too relentless, thanks :)

Lol, you were the guy playing 7/5? I was raising your BB with any 2. And then Gerv realized that and I ran into the gates of hell..... :f_mad:

lol Gates of Hell :f_biggrin: I like that even though I dont play Diablo 3 ♦

Originally posted by circoflax
What do you think about my move 3 handed with A2? I really thought you were full of @#$%, not expecting to run into AK...

BTW..... you had resteal 60% from the SB

I noticed you stealing me way before I did something about it. Fact is I had crap hands and I particularly spew a lot as soon as I play back against someone with trashy hands. Like Resteal/Jam with J4o :P

Everytime I restole you (thats where the 60% came from) were Solid Equity hands (22, K7s, 99, 44)

I know for sure when you openminraised the SB & I jammed with AKo, you would have folded for sure because you had A2. Not really sure if you would call me if I shoved but felt like reraising like what I did to a sizing where you can shove it all-in with an inferior hand was a bit better

Not sure if you know what I mean but I thought you were less likely to call than to shove it in yourself

Here are the hands we played:

Spoiler

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $8,000(BB) Replayer
SB ($69,834)
BB ($52,340)
UTG ($268,065)
UTG+1 ($107,916)
CO ($142,798)
Hero ($117,933)

Dealt to Hero 9♥ A♣

fold, fold, CO raises to $16,000, Hero raises to $117,133 (AI), fold, fold, fold

Hero shows 9♥ A♣

Hero wins $48,800

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $10,000(BB) Replayer
Hero ($101,733)
BB ($415,581)
UTG ($83,272)
UTG+1 ($171,351)
UTG+2 ($67,152)
MP1 ($53,714)
MP2 ($137,181)
CO ($95,624)
BTN ($188,392)

Dealt to Hero 8♣ K♠

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $20,000, Hero raises to $100,733 (AI), fold, fold

Hero shows 8♣ K♠

Hero wins $59,000

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $8,000(BB) Replayer
Hero ($89,933)
BB ($78,634)
UTG ($53,140)
UTG+1 ($268,865)
CO ($108,716)
BTN ($159,598)

Dealt to Hero A♥ 9♥

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $16,000, Hero raises to $89,133 (AI), fold, fold

Hero shows A♥ 9♥

Hero wins $44,800

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $7,000(BB) Replayer
SB ($193,098)
Hero ($119,550)
UTG ($97,065)
UTG+1 ($44,617)
CO ($73,000)
BTN ($177,616)

Dealt to Hero 9♠ Q♦

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $17,500, Hero raises to $118,850 (AI), fold

Hero shows 9♠ Q♦

Hero wins $39,200


Reply
Quote
UPAY4DINNER
Joined: 28.09.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Grats Gerv!


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by Gerv

I noticed you stealing me way before I did something about it. Fact is I had crap hands and I particularly spew a lot as soon as I play back against someone with trashy hands. Like Resteal/Jam with J4o :P

Everytime I restole you (thats where the 60% came from) were Solid Equity hands (22, K7s, 99, 44)

I know for sure when you openminraised the SB & I jammed with AKo, you would have folded for sure because you had A2. Not really sure if you would call me if I shoved but felt like reraising like what I did to a sizing where you can shove it all-in with an inferior hand was a bit better

Not sure if you know what I mean but I thought you were less likely to call than to shove it in yourself

I know exactly what you are saying, I would have played the same in your position. I would have never called a shove for 24BB with A2.
But this was my perspective during the play....

So this guy is restealing so much plus he 3bets 25% of EFF stacks, maybe that's exactly enough space he's leaving for a fold. I blocked an A... I wonder what's the correct calling range if i'm in your spot. I'd say AJ+,99+ ? Maybe add ATs, KQ. So I guess it's never bad to get AK in the BB first hand of 3handed play. :f_grin:


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by Gerv

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $7,000(BB) Replayer
SB ($193,098)
Hero ($119,550)
UTG ($97,065)
UTG+1 ($44,617)
CO ($73,000)
BTN ($177,616)

Dealt to Hero 9♠ Q♦

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $17,500, Hero raises to $118,850 (AI), fold

Hero shows 9♠ Q♦

Hero wins $39,200

On Game, $10 Buy-in (3,500/7,000 blinds, 700 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): 193,098 (27.6 bb)
BB: 119,550 (17.1 bb)
UTG: 97,065 (13.9 bb)
MP: 44,617 (6.4 bb)
CO: 73,000 (10.4 bb)
BTN: 177,616 (25.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K 5
4 folds, Hero raises to 17,500, BB raises to 118,850 and is all-in, Hero folds

I should have called, was even considering it, then changed my mind. But you would have hit a 9 anyway... :f_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
Gerv Topic starter
Gerv
Joined: 07.05.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by circoflax
So this guy is restealing so much plus he 3bets 25% of EFF stacks, maybe that's exactly enough space he's leaving for a fold. I blocked an A... I wonder what's the correct calling range if i'm in your spot. I'd say AJ+,99+ ? Maybe add ATs, KQ. So I guess it's never bad to get AK in the BB first hand of 3handed play. :f_grin:

Wowo you mean in the situation A2o vs AKo ??? That you think my calling range should be AT+,KQ when I 3bet & you shove? That means I 3bet/fold a lot then because that is a very narrow range

I need 37% with the Pot Odds if you shove which is decent in a BvB situation

Now mometum//dynamics >> all statistics because when we had a fun chat with Bart, you told me exactly my stats & I knew yours. Furthermore I have already restolen you a couple of times with no response from you

We are 25bb effective Blind Versus Blind, I think we are midway to an increase in blinds and I told my sweater that I just treat it as a SSS game. Ofcourse if you know this, you would have played the other way around because ''This guy is a shortstacker from origin and now he does NOT shove with a shortstack, whats going on?''

So I think your shoving range is something like this at the very least
22+,A2s+,K9s+,QJs,JTs,A8o+,KJo+

Using a calculator (which I already used) my calling range should be 22+,A2s+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,T9s,A7o+,KJo+ in order to have minimum of 39% equity

Basically that's almost everything I 3bet with. The suited connectors and stuff I just shove into you like the Q9o because it is much harder for you to call than to shove yourself so I create fold equity, at least I hope :P

I don't think its handy to release the EV formula on this which SSS'ers use continuously to assess whether shoving, squeezing is a profitable play or not


Reply
Quote

2 more things:

1. I didn't realize there were the 2 MotoGP packages in play. I simply forgot about that, I was playing for first place and that's it. Had I remebered about the 2 packages, I wouldn't have bluffed A2 3 handed.

2. If you remeber this hand on the bubble, you commented in the chat about it:

Hero (UTG+1): 60,710 (20.2 bb)
UTG+2: 14,400 (4.8 bb)
MP1: 44,199 (14.7 bb)
MP2: 53,044 (17.7 bb)
MP3: 32,523 (10.8 bb)
CO: 14,751 (4.9 bb)
BTN: 1,716 (0.6 bb)
SB: 15,470 (5.2 bb)
BB: 14,482 (4.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2 8
Hero raises to 60,410 and is all-in, 8 folds

I'm the chipleader at the table and the shortie has 0.5BB. Am I not correct to shove any 2 at this point? I don't think AA is a correct call from anybody's perspective on the bubble. Maybe I get called some times since it's a 50$ bubble, but mathematically I think it's a bad call even with AA. I almost timed out before I shoved because I opened the lobby to make sure there were exactly 51 players left.


Reply
Quote
Gerv Topic starter
Gerv
Joined: 07.05.2008
Elite Grinder

Did I commented about that hand? I think I just liked you for chatting since I continuously said ''Circoflax my man'' :) I was coaching at the same time

That shove is fine btw, if you folded, I would have shoved because I had A:d 7:d ♦ Everyone was a nit on the table except you. I was coaching & in the kitchen preparing my chicken dish ♦

On the bright side, first place finisher might NOT have opted in the Bwin thread ;) so we might meet up, I will contact the Community manager tomorrow first thing


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by Gerv

Wowo you mean in the situation A2o vs AKo ??? That you think my calling range should be AT+,KQ when I 3bet & you shove? That means I 3bet/fold a lot then because that is a very narrow range

I need 37% with the Pot Odds if you shove which is decent in a BvB situation

Hmmmm, I see your point. Well actually it was my first 4bet so I thought you may give me a much narrower range since I folded everything to your 3bets until that time. If you're playing mathematical SSS, then A2 is a bad bluff as you are indeed calling with almost your entire 3bet range. But I forced myself to believe you had some bluffs in that 3bet range given the 25% 3bet. Bad idea, I should have folded.

I'm not very good at SSS, I play almost exclusively BSS cash... Very nice tournament from you, congrats!


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by Gerv
Did I commented about that hand?

Yeah, you said you've seen worse pushes... 20BB to win the blinds and antes.... :P But it was the bubble, the shortstack almost to 0, so I had to take advantage of my stack. And as you said, everyone at the table was playing pretty scared, for the last 2-3 orbits at least.

Originally posted by Gerv
On the bright side, first place finisher might NOT have opted in the Bwin thread ;) so we might meet up, I will contact the Community manager tomorrow first thing

That would be awesome. Cheers.


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by circoflax

Originally posted by EagleStar88
Well played Gervy-baby, knew you'd get there, awesome stuff. :f_love:

I finished 19th for $90, difficult to find a spot to get my short stack first in when you have Mr Gerv on the same table and sitting on my right ♦

All good fun and great to see the English Community all over this.

Wp sir and enjoy the experience ♠_thumbsup:

Bart

Lol, you were the guy playing 7/5? I was raising your BB with any 2. And then Gerv realized that and I ran into the gates of hell..... :f_mad:

Hello my friend, yes that was me, really good meeting you on the table.

Happy to provide you with some background as like Gerv said, we had a great friendly banter between each other and always good to help each other analyse the wider picture.

Yes ofc I already realised that you were raising any 2 but had absolutely nothing to fight back with, only hands that would give me no outs whatsoever post flop like 73, 92 etc.

If you recall I did actually 3-bet you on 3 or 4 occasions in which you folded each time. I didn't have hands on those occasions either, but they were hands which also provided me with good post-flop options should you flat call.

I was playing well, confident in my own ability and managing to retain a decent stack through steals from my own CO & BU without taking any undue risks, therefore didn't feel the need to defend wider on this occasion.
I play a very calculating game as you probably realised. If I did indeed defend wider, sooner or later you would call or push. As it was I was selectively restealing from you without reply and maintaining a stack. Happy to do this until a better opportunity comes along.

I was also multi-tabling other events across multiple platforms, never easy and had been playing more like 35/25 on the previous table before joining you guys.

You are right though, given different circumstances I would be much more open and you were spot on in stealing as much as you could from me. Well spotted and well played ♠_thumbsup:

Warmest regards,

Bart

Played x5 mtt's tonight
Cashed x4
Final tabled x1
Nice profit, more Sundays like this please ♦


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by EagleStar88
You are right though, given different circumstances I would be much more open and you were spot on in stealing as much as you could from me. Well spotted and well played ♠_thumbsup:

Ahhhhh, the good times.....

On Game, $10 Buy-in (250/500 blinds, 50 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players

Hero (MP3): 20,536 (41.1 bb)
CO: 8,694 (17.4 bb)
BTN: 2,350 (4.7 bb)
SB: 5,996 (12 bb)
BB: 7,710 (15.4 bb)
UTG+1: 7,875 (15.8 bb)
UTG+2: 6,130 (12.3 bb)
MP1: 9,061 (18.1 bb)
MP2: 6,536 (13.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q T
4 folds, Hero raises to 1,000, 3 folds, BB calls 500

Flop: (2,700) 9 4 T (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 1,250, BB raises to 2,750, Hero raises to 19,486 and is all-in, BB calls 3,910 and is all-in

Turn: (16,020) 8 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
River: (16,020) 6 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:

Spoiler

16,020 pot
Final Board: 9 4 T 8 6
Hero showed Q T and lost (-7,710 net)
BB showed 2 Q and won 16,020 (8,310 net)

After this hand I realized it took more than min raise to get you off suited things like that so I increased my raise size a bit. Nice game!


Reply
Quote
uglyboy88
Joined: 19.03.2009
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by circoflax
2 more things:

1. I didn't realize there were the 2 MotoGP packages in play. I simply forgot about that, I was playing for first place and that's it. Had I remebered about the 2 packages, I wouldn't have bluffed A2 3 handed.

2. If you remeber this hand on the bubble, you commented in the chat about it:

Hero (UTG+1): 60,710 (20.2 bb)
UTG+2: 14,400 (4.8 bb)
MP1: 44,199 (14.7 bb)
MP2: 53,044 (17.7 bb)
MP3: 32,523 (10.8 bb)
CO: 14,751 (4.9 bb)
BTN: 1,716 (0.6 bb)
SB: 15,470 (5.2 bb)
BB: 14,482 (4.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2 8
Hero raises to 60,410 and is all-in, 8 folds

I'm the chipleader at the table and the shortie has 0.5BB. Am I not correct to shove any 2 at this point? I don't think AA is a correct call from anybody's perspective on the bubble. Maybe I get called some times since it's a 50$ bubble, but mathematically I think it's a bad call even with AA. I almost timed out before I shoved because I opened the lobby to make sure there were exactly 51 players left.

imo there is no big point of shoving here, u still have healthy stack i would ship there any broadways, any suited A


Reply
Quote
Gerv Topic starter
Gerv
Joined: 07.05.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by EagleStar88
Played x5 mtt's tonight
Cashed x4
Final tabled x1
Nice profit, more Sundays like this please ♦

:f_thumbsup: Well done!


Reply
Quote
Share: