Skip to forum
How to make 10k a m...
 
Notifications
Clear all

How to make 10k a month - Anybody can do that

389 Posts
69 Users
3 Reactions
92.5 K Views
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

week in review
In the last 5 days I was with my wife away on vacation in prague. We spend a few days and visited the city. I can recommend the prague castle and a boat trip on the moldova. If you want to safe some money buy the prague card. Maybe I will post some photos of the vacation. Tomorrow I will start with poker again.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

Goals of the month (1) take up time (2) analyse the hand --> up to the 12.04.2014
I played too fast and dont analysed the hands very deeply. After holiday Im too relaxed and not focused enaugh. I will try my best to improve in both goals. In the future I will have 2 periods where I will just play regs + fish and in the other period just fish (mostly when my brain is dizzy).

hand of the day
Would you valuebet the river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, €2.00 BB (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

BB (€145.12)
Hero (SB) (€240.68)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 8
Hero raises to €4, BB calls €2

Flop: (€8) 3, 8, 5 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets €6, BB calls €6

Turn: (€20) 10 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets €16, BB calls €16

River: (€52) J (2 players)
BB checks, Hero ?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

week in review
This was a short week. I played not very well. I played too fast and didnt thought deeply enaugh. But that is ok. That was a good lesson. I will try to be more focused next week. In chess I added the catalan opening. I used to play it are happy to add it to my chess knowledge. Have a relaxed weekend.


Reply
Quote
comit007
Joined: 08.11.2009
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by JurassicDaniel
Would you valuebet the river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, €2.00 BB (2 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

BB (€145.12)
Hero (SB) (€240.68)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 8
Hero raises to €4, BB calls €2

Flop: (€8) 3, 8, 5 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets €6, BB calls €6

Turn: (€20) 10 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets €16, BB calls €16

River: (€52) J (2 players)
BB checks, Hero ?

I know I'm not at the same level, but I'm not sure if I would. I'm pretty sure you aren't getting paid by worse at this point in the hand. You're pretty much betting on getting called by what?A5, 56? Any busted draws aren't calling. 34 isn't calling. A2 A4 might hero call, but I'd honestly have expected a raise out of those hands pre or on flop especially if suited.

9Q is in the range. so is any 10 or J.

Personally, I'd check behind and take my showdown value and possible $52.


Reply
Quote
Itsnevereasy
Joined: 08.08.2010
Poker Player

Would you valuebet the river?

Normally would check behind. :)


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

chess position of the week
Black is next to move. Who has an advantage and what are your plans?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

Goals of the month (1) take up time (2) analyse the hand --> up to the 12.04.2014
Im much better than last week and play slower and analyse more hands. In my last coaching the main topic was adaption. I took note of a lot of things and tried them out. In chess I added the closed sicilian. The opening is a great answer to the sicilian defense.

hand of the day
What is your plan for the turn and river (and why?)?

Poker Stars, $1/$2 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players

BB: $223 (111.5 bb)
Hero (SB): $245.46 (122.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A♦ J♦
Hero raises to $6, BB calls $4

Flop: ($12) T♦ 6♠ A♠ (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $10, BB raises to $30, Hero calls $20

Turn: ($72) K♣ (2 players)
BB bets $58, Hero?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

Goals of the month (1) take up time (2) analyse the hand --> up to the 12.04.2014
Im getting better and better. I feel much better when I take 2 seconds before I make any action. I also analyse more hands and get better reads. In this week I finished my coaching with Gordon about 3bet pots. I took a long time to get all this information. Now Im ready to destroy the regs. Muah


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

week in review
This week I made small progress. I try at least to take 2 seconds before I make any action and used the the time for hand analysis. I will be tricky when I play more than 1 - 2 tables. I also finished the topic 3 bet pots which we discussed very detailed in my coachings. I took about 1 month before I could finish it. By reviewing the videos so intensively I had no time to make my preparations before each poker session. In the next week I will change it.

In chess I also improved in tactical things. I mainly concentrated on which fields can villain move his figure in the next move. I also tried the thought process what is my worsed figure and where should it be placed. At the weekend I will coach my self in chess endgame, tactical things and live play + analysis.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

chess position of the week
its a tactical taks and white is next to move


Reply
Quote
x3mwisp
Joined: 31.03.2009
BlackMember

Originally posted by x3mwisp
1.Qf5! with the win.

Not much of a chess player, but black Qe6 next ?


Reply
Quote
x3mwisp
Joined: 31.03.2009
BlackMember

2.Rxe6 and 3.Qh7

If Re6 though i play 2.d5 and easy win now.


Reply
Quote

Ah yeah, spotted it now :)
Long time since I played chess, really should play more, great game.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

Goals of the month (1) take up time (2) analyse the hand
I did a good job the last two days. Both goal will be my goals until Im able to follow them. I invested a lot of time in 3bet pots last month. As soon as I will have mastered them I will add another goals.

hand of the day
What is your plan for turn and river?

Merge, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

Hero (SB): $50.25 (100.5 bb)
BB: $55.53 (111.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J J
Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 7 T 8 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $2.75, BB raises to $8.25 ?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

week in review
I took a few days off because of easter. I spent the time with my family. On tuesday I
wanted to start again but my pc gave me problems. So I had to format it and reinstall windows 7. This time I will just use the pc for poker and not for other things like chess, gimp,.... Lets have a look if my system will work better in the future.

chess position of the week
Its a strategic position. Black is next. Who has the advantage and what are the plans for both sides?


Reply
Quote
vuciitis
Joined: 19.02.2011
Oldschool Grinder

seems like black has a small advantage and he could try to trade one tower+ pawn/knight against two white towers but white has the opotunity to make mate with towers and well positioned rook in like 4/5 moves if black does not defend properly.

then again, im a beginner in chess ♦


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

Originally posted by vuciitis
seems like black has a small advantage and he could try to trade one tower+ pawn/knight against two white towers but white has the opotunity to make mate with towers and well positioned rook in like 4/5 moves if black does not defend properly.

then again, im a beginner in chess ♦

Yeah, chess has a small advantage and the main goal is the pawn on f4. Black should try to attack this pawn and white has to defend it.

week in review
I used so many time for finding the defect in my system. The funny thing is that I found it after more than 1 week by accident. 2 days ago I read that the support for hem1 will stop in the end of april. So I downloaded hem2 and tried the software. When I played I got a white fog over the tables. In hem forum there was the advise to disable the desktop composition. I did it and the white fog vanished. Short time later I format my pc and reinstalled windows 7. After playing some hands I discoverd that some screens blinks and the HUD disappear and appear suddenly. Luckily I found the error and hoped to play normal again.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

Goals of the month (1) take up time (2) analyse the hand
I had not much time for poker the last days. I had to prepare my computer for poker and decide which trackersoftware I should use in the future. I choosed PT4 because the software is fast. HEM2 has more functions and looks much better but it needs a lot of memory. My computer is ready to play poker. Here we go.

hand of the day
How would you play the river (and why)?

IPoker, $2/$4 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players

SB: $400 (100 bb)
Hero (BB): $400 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q♠ T♦
SB raises to $12, Hero calls $8

Flop: ($24) Q♥ K♥ 5♣ (2 players)
Hero checks, SB bets $16.80, Hero calls $16.80

Turn: ($57.60) 2♥ (2 players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($57.60) 8♦ (2 players)
Hero ?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The Coaching Project

Goals of the month (1) take up time (2) analyse the hand
I added nl50 tables so that there was not much time for thinking. I played about 3000 hands on the day so that also analysis the hands was not possible so deeply. All in all it feels great to play poker on a computer which has no problems. :-)

hand of the day
Villain was unkown. How would you play the flop?

Winamax - €0.50 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): €50.00
BB: €56.84

Hero posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.75) Hero has 8♠ 8♥

Hero raises to €1.00, BB raises to €4.50, Hero calls €3.50

Flop: (€9.00, 2 players) 6♦ 5♦ 6♥
BB checks, Hero bets €7.20, BB raises to €20.00, Hero?


Reply
Quote
Share: