Skip to forum
:: Midstakes HeadsU...
 
Notifications
Clear all

:: Midstakes HeadsUp SNG ($60, $30) HYPAZZZ ::

832 Posts
111 Users
0 Reactions
143.4 K Views

I must play at least 80 HUSNG tomorrow, if not I will punish myself by playing the Sunday Supersonic

Also, most of the games has to be played on A-game. If there is alot too spewy shits, it will get penalty.

really? I often use playing the sunday supersonic as a reward ♦


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by Leito99

I must play at least 80 HUSNG tomorrow, if not I will punish myself by playing the Sunday Supersonic

Also, most of the games has to be played on A-game. If there is alot too spewy shits, it will get penalty.

really? I often use playing the sunday supersonic as a reward ♦

Well supersonic is just pure gamble, barely any edge. Since we play poker for money (+EV), the supersonic is anything but +EV vs those poker pros :P

---

Anyway managed to play 400 games so far, still abit low on volume but still lacking on motivation. Running below ev for months, zzzZZZZzzzZZZZ


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Finally some rungood today after being 20BI below EV thw month :P

Thought I'd at least post a graph 10BI above EV on Stars, impossibru!?!? :f_p:

Spoiler

And hand of the day

Poker Stars $14.69+$0.31 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players -

Hero (BTN/SB): t370 12.33 BBs
BB: t630 21 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with Q :heart: 9 :club:
Hero calls t15, BB checks

Flop: (t60) J :spade: 2 :heart: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
BB bets t30, Hero raises to t60, BB calls t30

Turn: (t180) T :club: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t90, BB calls t90

River: (t360) 6 :heart: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t190 all in, BB folds

Final Pot: t360
Hero mucks Q :heart: 9 :club:
Hero wins t360


Reply
Quote
Overthinking
Joined: 13.09.2011
PokerStrategist

Well I didnt read anything, just saw that you are playing the Hyper HU SnGs... I just thought about playing some of these too...

Do you think someone can beat this format even at the lowlimits like 7$? Or just grinding for Rakeback? ;)

I think you need some perfect mindset to play these games....


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by Overthinking
Well I didnt read anything, just saw that you are playing the Hyper HU SnGs... I just thought about playing some of these too...

Do you think someone can beat this format even at the lowlimits like 7$? Or just grinding for Rakeback? ;)

I think you need some perfect mindset to play these games....

Rake on husng's is low so don't expect to get much VPPs unless you play about 100/day.

I started off with 3.5$ with some basic 100bb HUcash knowledge, moved to $7 than 15/30.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Besides running super cold today, one of the sickiest flop calldown so far I've seen.

Poker Stars $14.69+$0.31 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 2 players -

BB: t520 26 BBs
Hero (BTN/SB): t480 24 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN/SB with K :spade: 9 :diamond:
Hero raises to t40, BB calls t20

Flop: (t80) 8 :heart: 5 :spade: 7 :spade: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t40, BB calls t40

Turn: (t160) A :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t80, BB calls t80

River: (t320) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: t320

Spoiler

BB shows 2 :heart: 3 :heart: (a pair of Eights)
Hero shows K :spade: 9 :diamond: (a pair of Eights - Ace+King kicker)
Hero wins t320

Backdoor gutshot draw?? ?(


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Heaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I told myself I'm playing precisely 150 games regardless of the results. Lol was 20bi above EV at one point :facepalm:

Spoiler


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by ragney
Besides running super cold today, one of the sickiest flop calldown so far I've seen.

Poker Stars $14.69+$0.31 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t10/t20 Blinds - 2 players -

BB: t520 26 BBs
Hero (BTN/SB): t480 24 BBs

Pre Flop: (t30) Hero is BTN/SB with K :spade: 9 :diamond:
Hero raises to t40, BB calls t20

Flop: (t80) 8 :heart: 5 :spade: 7 :spade: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t40, BB calls t40

Turn: (t160) A :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t80, BB calls t80

River: (t320) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: t320

Spoiler

BB shows 2 :heart: 3 :heart: (a pair of Eights)
Hero shows K :spade: 9 :diamond: (a pair of Eights - Ace+King kicker)
Hero wins t320

Backdoor gutshot draw?? ?(

he thought it was no limit razz :f_love:


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

BEST FOLD IN THE WORLD LMAO

FUCKING FELL OFF MY CHAIR HAHAHAHA

---
Poker Stars $14.69+$0.31 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players -

BB: t665 22.17 BBs
Hero (BTN/SB): t335 11.17 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with J :spade: K :spade:
Hero raises to t60, BB calls t30

Flop: (t120) Q :heart: 4 :diamond: K :diamond: (2 players)
BB bets t60, Hero calls t60

Turn: (t240) A :spade: (2 players)
BB bets t120, Hero calls t120

River: (t480) 4 :club: (2 players)
BB bets t90, Hero raises to t95 all in, BB folds


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Up by $700'ish after 1100 games so far. Just running like shit for the past 300 games, including some semi-tilt/spew doesn't help much either! Volume wise is going okay, trying to aim for 1700+ by end of the month.


Reply
Quote
fruktpuff
Joined: 24.09.2010
PokerStrategist

That fold COULD have been the best in history, if he could turn his remaining chips into a victory!


Reply
Quote
fruktpuff
Joined: 24.09.2010
PokerStrategist

Ignore me, you were the AI one, he had "plenty" back, so that made no sense when I looked at the hand once more.. ♦


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

50BI downswing confirmed @ Hyper HUSNGs :(

Will wrap up the month with results and graphs asap. Didn't knew till today that I lost 50BI within 400-500 games few days ago.

Still up for the month, though the 50BI downswing is pretty cruel :f_frown:


Reply
Quote
martoman2k10
Joined: 27.08.2010
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by ragney
BEST FOLD IN THE WORLD LMAO

FUCKING FELL OFF MY CHAIR HAHAHAHA

---
Poker Stars $14.69+$0.31 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t15/t30 Blinds - 2 players -

BB: t665 22.17 BBs
Hero (BTN/SB): t335 11.17 BBs

Pre Flop: (t45) Hero is BTN/SB with J :spade: K :spade:
Hero raises to t60, BB calls t30

Flop: (t120) Q :heart: 4 :diamond: K :diamond: (2 players)
BB bets t60, Hero calls t60

Turn: (t240) A :spade: (2 players)
BB bets t120, Hero calls t120

River: (t480) 4 :club: (2 players)
BB bets t90, Hero raises to t95 all in, BB folds

I thought you went all in for the fold equity... :P


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

August summary

Goals
[] Play 1250+ HUSNGs (played 1814 in total)
[] Play 150+ MTTs (played 310 in total)
[] Go to the gym at least twice a week (failed this for the last two weeks)

Winnings
[] HUSNG $945 (3.5% ROI)
[] Cashgames $75
[] MTTs -$92
[] Rakeback $225
[] Staking $325 <3 L3T
[] Total $1478

All in a decent month. Coulda been better, probably spewed close to 10BI's on husngs due my ego (know I'm beat and call etc) during that insane downswing of 50BI's! After a friend watching me play I learned that its pretty std so after that I kept playing my A-game and results paid off!


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Any MTT'er able to solve this? Way too nitty or std fold?

Villain is semi unknown, 29/15 over 16 hands. No postflop reads. I kinda went for the nitty fold, is it ok?

Poker Stars $5.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1878998
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: t2975 59.50 BBs
UTG+2: t6392 127.84 BBs
MP1: t6409 128.18 BBs
MP2: t2625 52.50 BBs
CO: t3240 64.80 BBs
BTN: t2715 54.30 BBs
Hero (SB): t2790 55.80 BBs
BB: t3065 61.30 BBs
UTG: t2789 55.78 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is SB with A :heart: A :diamond:
1 fold, UTG+1 calls t50, 5 folds, Hero raises to t200, BB calls t150, 1 fold

Flop: (t450) 3 :spade: 2 :spade: 5 :spade: (2 players)
Hero bets t325, BB raises to t750, Hero folds


Reply
Quote
Antonioull
Joined: 01.09.2010
Elite Grinder

Hi

I dont play MTTs (regularly) but from the few ive played he has a draw 95%
of the time . Generally the level in MTTS is pretty low
the guy can even have A5 and do that
Now if he is a wnning reg maybe u can put him in a set or something


Reply
Quote
slimy3
Joined: 17.07.2008
Oldschool Grinder

Hi, I just started playing HU SNG on Stars and I'm going to play $15 turbos. Is it tough? And I hope that it's not a problem to borrow your ticks for goals ( and ) ;)


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by slimy3
Hi, I just started playing HU SNG on Stars and I'm going to play $15 turbos. Is it tough? And I hope that it's not a problem to borrow your ticks for goals ( and ) ;)

Hey. There pretty soft last time I've checked them. Just ABC regs with nothing fancy. If you get check/raised on the turn/river its pretty strong, as most regs will give up after bluffing the flop oop. Yeah feel free to use the tick goals, they're not mine either I just 'stole' them from 2+2 :f_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Aight some september goals. I had other goals in mind but due a huge downswing I am putting different goals. I really want to climb higher but still not mentally prepared for it yet. I can see $1000+ downswings easily happening there.

[ ] Play at least 1500 HUSNGs
[ ] Play at least 150 MTTs
[ ] Give shots at 30s when I win over 20BI on 15s
[ ] Go to the gym at least twice per week :f_biggrin:
[ ] Review my game at least three times this month

Will also be playing my first WCOOP MTT tomorrow, GL me :f_cool:


Reply
Quote
Share: