Skip to forum
Turning 40euro into...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Turning 40euro into 5,000euro and a 2k live MTT package

29 Posts
3 Users
4 Reactions
4,319 Views
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

Hey friends, we’re looking very good here. On a break at the moment.

21/132

pleased with my play had 3 good resteals at 20bb level to stay alive, and then get KK against the guy I had restealed against bvb, and it went all in with 88 and my KK held.

Not over yet. But this should be in the bag.

Current bankroll:

Plan by end of this tournament:

This is the tourney i’m playing too by the way ;)


Reply
Quote
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

Success!

Cool down:

Quality Play: 7/10

I played well at the start of the game keeping my preflop selection tight. As play continued and 1/3 of the field had dissapeared with about 20bbs I started using my resteal ranges against a loose big stack opener. I restealed 3 times in total against him and he folded every time.

But later in the game when i was deepstacked I tilted a bit as he relentlessly raising into my big blind in the small blind. I should not have played another hand as I could have guaranteed myself as cashing by just folding (20th out of 117) top 100 paid. Even I think AA was a fold here from math point of view.

But I decided to flat my 99 IP bvb (not wanting to fold but not wanting to risk my tourney life either, probabally worst play this compromise). Then king high flop I call as I think he's FOS, and then turn pairs and he bets again on Kx55 and I call again as I still think he's full of it. He puts me in on river and of course I fold (or this report would have been 1/10 for play!) - but this was not great on my part.

I adjust well though and shoved my KK nicely into his early bvb limp to make it look weaker and he snapped me with 88.

Variance: 10/10

I had one bullet here. My bankroll was 0. I spent all my cash on the no bullshit 6max book. I minimised variance as much as I could by playing tight pre-flop but in order to stay alive i had to resteal 3 times. 3 times villian folded - this is great positive variance for me.

I was also dealt KK vs the same opponent I had been stealing against and he has 88 bVb again very nice positive variance. Finally my KK hold vs 88. Which they will only do 8/10 times. So this was good variance.

Cooldown was useful as it showed me what a huge role variance played in my game today, and why I need to do all I can to ensure I'm never down to one bullet again.

Looking forward to applying the no bullshit 6max strategy now and building my bankroll.


Reply
Quote
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

Saw 453 flops at 4nl and had a nice result profit wise. No BS 6max strategy working well so far.

Cool down:

Quality Play: 7/10

My emotions got the better of me at one point in the session as I felt myself get angry and curse an opponent, but I didn't take this state out on the table or my chips which is good. I came up with a good mental picture and I think it will help me quite a lot going forward.

As I was annoyed at a bad player for beating me, I said to myself, if this was a basketball game, and he was the opposing side, he's just hit a lucky 3 pointer, and if I get annoyed at him, it's like i've reacted on the court by screaming at my team, throwing 3 of the players on the bench and then playing on and still trying to beat him. This is the kind of disadvantage i was giving myself if I don't control my emotions.

So I did control my emotions and that's why I've given myself some credit in my play score.

I'm not as high as I would like to be because I 'adjusted' to a loose player by stacking off with KQ believe it or not which was a terrible play, and i was lucky it didn't cost me a buy in.

Variance 7/10

i think on the whole I ran fairly well, so i'll say variance was positive by about 2 points. I don't know exactly because there is no hud allowed on unibet. This is a generous estimate and most of my hands I was in front of, which is of course thanks to the no BS strategy.

One thing I'm not sure about is iso'ing limpers. So far if there's a limper I'm ignoring them even if I am in the blinds, and ISO'ing them with my standard blind raising range, i think this might be too loose?? any ideas?

Also if more than one limper I'm tending to just raise it up my standard raising range, and add 2bb's per limper. A little too aggro? The good thing about this is they tend to call and fold alot on the flop, and then when I do hit a decent hand they don't believe me. But I don't want to encourage too much variance into my game if i can help it.

Anyway - very pleased with my play today. I won the mtt I needed to win and I've taken the profits and really applied myself with the 6max strategy and boosted the bankroll.

Tomorrow I'm going to start setting myself 'learning focus' goals - for example master EP re-raising ranges etc, and focus on remembering them and do that each day moving around the table until I hopefully don't need any charts etc.

Nice on new years eve I will have a bankroll now to play with as I've already decided I'm not going out drinking, I'm working on my game instead. I think this will be a good way of starting the year as I mean to continue.

Good luck at the tables everyone :f_thumbsup:


Reply
Quote
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

I am listening to the Power Of Concentration.

Very highly recommend this. I’m going to listen to it during my session today.

“You have will power and if you use it you will get your share of luxuries in life”.


Reply
Quote
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

OWNING THIS MENTAL GAME RIGHT NOW ♠_drink:♠_drink:♠_cool:♠_cool:

Start my day of power of thinking, i decide to think well at the table, no tilt, I get bad beat virtually straight away, for a buy in. Then I get coolered, riverd straight vs full house.

Then my AA lose AIPF.

i win some back, then I run bad on the site! Cards dont display on one of my tables cant see flop... i'm 8 tabling and time out on another table with tptk as a result.

I close all the tables walk away. Deep breaths. No tilt. Applaud myself on my mental discipline.

Go back and realize I'm 2.5 buyins down overall for the session, things could definitely be worse.

I fire up 4 single table tournaments for a change of scenery, continue to play my game,

take 3 1st's and 1 2nd.

Back to cash in a bit, taking a short break.

Mental Game for the Win. Be a champion not a loser. ♠_thumbsup:


Reply
Quote
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

Took a shot at 10nl and ran rubbish lame fish calls 3bet with j9 pre,

i have kk

flop 9qx i cbet he calls,

of course he hits j for two pair on turn and again for full house on river

I am pleased because i ended my 10nl shot when i lost 2 buy ins as I had planned to.

I am not pleased because i feel totally mad and angry and this is bad tilt.


Reply
Quote
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

So felt the urge to vent on the tables... So opened up 2x husng tables.

Good news is they were just €1 tables

Won one, lost one.

I've taken myself onto my bed to relax. There is a positive here. Using the ichworm idea from Jared Tendlers book you could say I've just pushed the back of my game forward. I didn't spew money away and I came away from the table as I felt how bad I was feeling emotionally.

But the problem remains. Why can't I stand my bankroll going down? Until I conquer this weakness I will forever be in turmoil playing and always at risk of self destructing.


Reply
Quote
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

Day 2 - Results

Gordon has a phrase he uses in the free video on his site 'Just fucking do it'.

I was thinking to myself today. Less reflection on shortcomings, or why I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing and more Just Fucking Do It attitude.

My day went well when I finally pulled myself and my mental game together.

Got myself up to 85 euros again at 4nl and took another shot at 10nl, this time i managed to earn a buyin and also released a 15 euro bonus thanks to my volume today. Which saw bankroll up to about 100 euro.

Played a couple of unibet open sats.
Then back to cash and made some more buyins at 10nl.

I'm going to Copenhagen, it's as simple as that. I'm not stopping until I have won my seat.

Pleased with my new years eve. Good progress towards my goals.
This time next year, I'll be in a hot climate surrounded by new friends in a new country.


Reply
Quote
iSoOwnYou Topic starter
iSoOwnYou
Joined: 27.11.2014
Poker Player

Day 3 - AM

Having read more of Hans blog I see he ran 60bi's below EV at one point.
Wow. At 10nl I'd hope that's virtually impossible for me, due to higher edges at micro but still it puts my trivial session to session swings in perspective.

Volume goal today: 1.3k flops.


Reply
Quote
Share: