My NLH blog

• Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      First let me introduce. I'm a middle aged guy, with regular job and a family, which means I cannot devote a lot of time to my poker game :( . I've been playing poker for some time, did a little bit of studying, and mostly having a good time :) .
      I've started with 50$ from PS and tried different types of games, but because I haven't put a lot of effort in any of those, I'm more or less breaking even. I realized this is not really a way to go ahead, so I have decided to concentrate on one type of game. After some thinking and checking my HH I have decided for NLHE, FR, BSS.
      My reasons for this decision:
      - Limit HE at micro stakes sukcs, as fish will call any hand on any street, no matter what manouver you do. Money won doesn't cover all the losses from miracle cards your opponents get.
      - SNGs: I'm undecided with those, mostly getting even. My problem with them is that many times, when I play, I get distracted from my family members, that can't understand that daddy needs some peace when he is playing poker.
      - NLHE: I have decided to give this a try, according to all I have put down. I figured out that you can wait for good hands, go away when you don't feel your hand is good enough and extract the most from fish when you have a good hand or a monster. And I don't have a problem pausing a game when my wife gets an urgent feeling to discuss with me what she would like to change in the garden next season :evil: .

So what are my short term goals:
      - study the game (PS)
      - play 4 tables at time (multitable)
      - use proper BM: start at NL2, 30 BI for next level
      - keep at >10BB/100 (I think this could be achievable at micro limits)
      - post some hands for evaluation

So what do you think about this? Any comments are appreciated.
  • 23 replies
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Hello! :)

First, your decision to concentrate on one type of game was good :f_thumbsup: It's very important thing at the beggining to know what you want and choose the best direction for you.
      I think that you'll beat uNL for sure ;) Smart, Selective, Positional, Aggressive, Value-based poker. These words helped me to beat NL2,NL5. At NL10 I became a little bit more aggressive :f_grin: (don't misunderstand aggressive word, it doesn't mean that you start to donk every flop and raise every cbet or smth like that. It means that you gained the skill to see and feel the sitoations where you can exploit others and it also means that you are able to adjust your game when you see that you have to do it. NL25 is almost same story like NL10. :)
      But you'll learn these things step by step. ;) And also, never stop learning poker. Now focus on NL2,NL5, be disciplined, analyse your game,hands and you'll beat it. Good luck! ;)
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      We seem to have a lot in common. I'll be following your blog with interest.
    • phidelity
      phidelity
      Bronze
      Great goals and nice writing style. I'll drop by every once in a while [=
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Hi, again.

First off all I'd like to thanks for your replies and the positive thinking. I'm happy not to be the only middle aged, married etc. guy in poker community :s_cool: .

Anyway, I have checked your blogs guys and I see you are having great times, too, posting graphs, interesting hands etc. So I have decided to post first graph just to motivate me to post a better one next time :D . As you can see, I already have about 2.000 hands in it that I've played recently. I will try to keep the up-slope so let's see how I will do in the future.

I have played a short session today and I have to addmit that players were really bad. Or my cards were running hot, maybe :f_confused: ? Anyway, here are two hands to illustrate this.

1. hand (KK in BB position)

This was my first hand at the table, so nobody had a clue what kind of player I am. I have also done a little bit of homework and have observed the table for some time, so I knew something about the players, which turned out very positive. I knew that UTG2 is almost maniac, playing almost every hand, mostly raising (he must have watched final table game from WSOP or similar). Two other callers were also quite loose.
      As I was in not so good position, acting first after the flop, and trying to get HU with the initial raiser, I decided to go all-in, hoping two callers will fold. Initial raiser called, as I expected, but one of the callers called too. Anyway, everything went well and I took a nice pot with me.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $3.78
      UTG2:
      $2.01
      MP1:
      $0.47
      MP2:
      $8.88
      MP3:
      $1.66
      CO:
      $1.41
      BU:
      $3.67
      SB:
      $1.50

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.08, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.08, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, UTG2 calls $1.92, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.33.

Flop: ($5.5) 5, 8, 8 (3 players)

Turn: ($5.5) 4 (3 players)

River: ($5.5) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $5.5.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and eights(K K).
      CO shows a pair of eights(9 A).
      UTG2 shows a pair of eights(Q K).

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and eights(K K).

2. hand (AQs in BU)

I think I have played this hand almost "by the book", as you would say. OK, at least by the river. Why I didn't raise at the river? Mostly because there was a posible flush. If my oponent had flush and tried to trap me with check-raise, I would be pot commited. If he had nothing, he would probably fold fearing the flush or higher pair with K. What do you think?

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $5.22
      SB:
      $3.76
      BB:
      $1.56
      UTG1:
      $0.45
      UTG2:
      $8.78
      MP1:
      $1.64
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $3.76
      CO:
      $1.49

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      UTG1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.08, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.33) Q, J, Q (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.32, UTG1 folds, MP2 calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.97) 2 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60.

River: ($2.17) K (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.17.
      Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, queens(A Q).
      MP2 shows two pairs, queens and jacks(4 J).

Hero wins with three of a kind, queens(A Q).

Regards
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Hi, i have to say that pushing kings here might work in NL2, but i recommend not to get used to doing it. You wont get many calls in higher limits, even in NL5 (unless you have a complete moron at the table ofc)

Originally posted by Samo2
      As I was in not so good position, acting first after the flop, and trying to get HU with the initial raiser, I decided to go all-in, hoping two callers will fold. Initial raiser called, as I expected, but one of the callers called too. Anyway, everything went well and I took a nice pot with me.
      I dont understand this at all. Why did you hope that the two callers will fold to your jam? And if you want to get it heads up with original raisor (ergo play a pot), why did you go allin? By going allin, you take all the play away.

In the second hand you missed a value bet on the river. The flush was backdoored, so it's quite unlikely (although not impossible in NL2) that he'd be on a flush draw. And KQ or QJ is also quite unlikely, since you have a queen yourself and there is only one left.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hey man, you can upload an image by using the website Imageshack, upload it onto there and then use the link provided by them to link us to your image :)

Looks like you're going pretty well so far :D That first hand, since you had reads and if you thought one of them would call an all in i'd say you played it correctly. However, when playing any higher limits raise it up to about $0.38 and play it from there.

On the 2nd hand I wouldn't be too scared about a backdoor flush, although a straight draw from the river might have got there. However, you have to remember you are one of the very few thinking players on NL2 and tbh, Villain could be calling there with absolutely anything, as was proven by him calling Preflop with 4J :D

Good luck :D
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Hi, i have to say that pushing kings here might work in NL2, but i recommend not to get used to doing it. You wont get many calls in higher limits, even in NL5 (unless you have a complete moron at the table ofc)

Originally posted by Samo2
      I dont understand this at all. Why did you hope that the two callers will fold to your jam? And if you want to get it heads up with original raisor (ergo play a pot), why did you go allin? By going allin, you take all the play away.
      OK, I have to admit you are probably right. That's why I have posted the hand - to see, what others have to say. And next time I'll try to do it different, I promisse. :rolleyes:
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Hey man, you can upload an image by using the website Imageshack, upload it onto there and then use the link provided by them to link us to your image :)

Looks like you're going pretty well so far :D That first hand, since you had reads and if you thought one of them would call an all in i'd say you played it correctly. However, when playing any higher limits raise it up to about $0.38 and play it from there.

On the 2nd hand I wouldn't be too scared about a backdoor flush, although a straight draw from the river might have got there. However, you have to remember you are one of the very few thinking players on NL2 and tbh, Villain could be calling there with absolutely anything, as was proven by him calling Preflop with 4J :D

Good luck :D
      OK, thanks for your thoughts. As you can see, I still have a lot to learn :f_frown: . But I'm looking forward to it.

Yes, thanks for the image uploading directions. I did it, so you can check my first graph in original post.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      First of all I wish you all Happy New Year and a lot of progress in poker, of course :D .

As it's new year, I guess it's also time for an update of the blog.

First about the last few days of 2010. I've even managed to play some poker, which is good, and I have done some small BR progress, which is even better.

I have also devoted some time to study the hands. I'm using HM which I bought just recently, and I think it can help my game a lot. I checked which hands give me the most -BR (loosing) and I found interesting thing: AKs is my worst enemy X( . Why? Because it combines looses from getting nothing on the flop with losses from not making flush by the river, not to mention losses from running with top pair or two pairs into trips :f_mad: . I really have to find out how to play this hand.

My stats as of 1. 1. 2011:
      - hands played so far: 2800
      - winnings: 17.51 $
      - bb/100: 31.27
      - VPIP%: 12.9
      - PFR%: 7.4

Hope this stats will do. What do you think about stats?

Anyway, I also have to set some short and middle term goals, to keep me focused.

Short term goals for January:
      - learn to use HM HUD (I normally totaly forget to check oponent's stats)
      - play at least 200 hands per day
      - keep at least 20 BB/100 rate
      - do a short review of my play after each session
      - do a deeper review of my play at least once per week
      - study all the accessible articles related to BSS and psychology
      - watch at least 10 BSS NL2 or NL5 videos
      - post a blog update at the end of each week (Sunday)

Middle term goals by the end of Jun:
      - achieve 30BI for NL5 and start to play at that limit
      - read and study at least one NLHE poker book (which one would you suggest?):
      (1) No Limit Hold 'em Theory and Practice (David Sklansky, Ed Miller)
      (2) No Limit Hold'em Secrets (Roy Rounder)
      (3) Phil Gordon - Little Green Book
      (4) Phil Gordon - Blue Book
      - start to 6-table

Uph, a lot to do. Let's see will I manage this.

See you arround.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Hi, everybody. It's time for my first weekly review.

First of all, let's see how I get along with my short term goals:
      - learn to use HM HUD (I normally totaly forget to check oponent's stats): I started to use HM HUD. I've even added two additional stats (W$SD - win $ at show down, FFCB - flop fold to CB). I think they are important as they show how good a player is and is it possible to use CB against him.
      - play at least 200 hands per day: I've played 5003 hands in 9 days (festives, weekend), so it's >550 hands/day.
      - keep at least 20 BB/100 rate: this one I've failed. At the beginning of year 2011 I had a cold run of cards. It was incredible. In a session of ~500 hands one AA (everybody folded, of course =) ), 7 x KK (one small loose, others folded to me), 0 x QQ, 0 x JJ, 0 x TT, no trips on flop. After that I had downs and ups, but overall I did better, but far away from what I have done before. So my bb/100 fell down to 14.23 bb/100.
      - do a short review of my play after each session: I try to do it regularly and it helps. I try to find my leaks and to work on them.
      - do a deeper review of my play at least once per week: I did it yesterday, but didn't have a lot time. I will tell you about my leaks latter.
      - study all the accessible articles related to BSS and psychology: I read and watched video, again, about playing after the flop having and not having initiative. I have to work on this at least one more time as I find it quite important.
      - watch at least 10 BSS NL2 or NL5 videos: I watched 1. Don't know what to say as I wasn't really impressed. I think that videos should be re-arrenged, showing just one table with just interesting hands, explainning the moves in details with strategy background. Otherwise it's just a waist of time and server space - mit's my opinnion, no hard feelings, please ;) .
      - post a blog update at the end of each week (Sunday): I'm just working on it.

My current stats, as of 09. 01. 2011:
      - hands played so far: 7803
      - winnings: 26.34 $ (+8.83$)
      - bb/100: 14.23
      - VPIP%: 12.3
      - PFR%: 6.9

As you can see, I'm strugling like everybody else. But all in all it was a good week for me. I've learned a lot, found some big leaks and did a little progress.

My bigest leak is this: when I have top pair or overpair, I go many times to showdon, even if my opponent "shows" me he has something strong, as I somehow want to see the result. This is how most of my money has been lost. I think it is more or less psychology issue and I have to work on this, as too many times I just say: "What a heck, let's see if he really has something!". Of course he has, and he has my money, too :f_cry: .

Next one is bluffing against one opponent when I have AK preflop and don't hit anything on the flop. Too many opponents just call my CB, and as I want to keep pot low on turn by just checking, they bet and I have to let it go.

Actually, I still can't figure out how to play AK, especially when there is a standard 4xBB bet before me. As most of the times I don't hit anything, I don't want to invest too much by raising. I know that chart says to raise when there was one raise before, but I'm not confident with this. So most of the times I just call. Does anybody have any suggestion?

Yesterday (Sunday) I tried a little bit of NL5. I know I don't have enough BR for this, but when I checked NL5 table stats in PS lobby I saw they are much lower than at NL2. I did quite well, making 18.45 bb/100 over 748 hands (6.90$). I found it easier to play, as players are a little bit more tight than at NL2 and play is more straight forward. And I also take more care about my moves, trying to play more strategically correct. I am also thinking to add some funds to have proper BR for NL5.

OK, this is it for this week. I will add a graph at the end of month, to preserve some space :D .

Regards
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      What was going on this week?

I have started to regularly play NL5. It's true I don't have proper BR ;) , but I feel quite safe here and I have done some progress, too. Players are a little bit better at NL5, and some of them start to become "wise and tricky". So it happened few times that I bet PF with AA, got called by villain which hits trips and slow plays them to the showdown. This makes me really :f_mad: .

As I was on leave :f_cool: , and both my darling and my doughter were at work/school, I was able to devote more time to poker :D . I watched some videos and by accident stumbled into some advanced NL50 videos, whitch are "free". Actually, there are 8 of them and together they make a series named "Crushing NL50". When I took a look at first one, I was :f_eek: . I saw how far away I am from crushing NL50 and above myself. Here's the link: Crushing NL50. Anyway, I tried to implement some of the concepts at NL5. I had some success, but the problem here is that players are still to loose, so this concepts don't affect them. But I learnt one good thing - you always have to know what do you want to achieve when playing certain hand. I'm still far away, but at least I'm aware where I want to go (hope so).

Slowly, but really slowly, my darling :f_love: accepted that I like to play poker in the evening (not too much, just an hour or so) and that I'm not going to spend all our welth for it, so she leaves me alone for that hour (more or less). So things are going better for me.

And here are my current overall stats, as of 18. 1. 2011:
      - hands played so far: 12377
      - winnings: 35.00 $ (+8.66$)
      - bb/100: 9.73
      - VPIP%: 12.1
      - PFR%: 7.1

Regards
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Time for a week review.

I continued to play at NL5 regularly. I'm doing quite well and feel preaty safe here, so I've decided to stay at NL5. I did some additional studying and repaired some leaks.

Sometimes it's just amazing how players at NL5 are playing. I guess they watch poker on TV too much :D . Anyway, I learned to calm down and not to try to bluff too much, as many players will call you with anything, even with just an A as an overcard, not to mention bottom pair and similar. I've also learned not to slowplay strong made hands on flop, as you never know what turn or river will bring - it's better to earn small pot than to loose a big one. And I love trips - they are so powerfull as they are well hidden. On the other side, I started to watch for signs that the oponnent has possible trips when I bet first-in (he called my bet and called or check - reised/called on turn, together with the stats I get about him).

And here are my current overall stats:
      - hands played so far: 15585
      - winnings: 59.09$ (+24.09$)
      - bb/100: 10.81
      - VPIP%: 11.7
      - PFR%: 7.0

Now I'm wondering should I wait to grow my bankrol to 30 BI for NL10 (300$) or can I switch to NL10 sooner (like 20 - 25 BI). Ma bankrol is curently at 76$. Can anyone tell me how different a play gets at NL10 related to NL5?
    • Sapiente
      Sapiente
      Bronze
      NL10 is quite a bit tougher than NL5(because there are actually also some quite good regs at these limits while NL5 is too low for most people) but you still get a TON of people who have no idea what they're doing, are predictable, overly passive or on the other hand just way too loose.

I don't think it would be a mistake to try it out for yourself when you have at least 15+ BI but you have to have the discipline to drop back down quickly if things aren't going your way. (a lot also depends on your mentality if your gonna play scared money then don't do it!) I must say I always found the games at NL10 much more logical than those at NL2 and NL5 and its not that defficult to turn a profit in them. Just don't make the same mistake as I did and get overly confident when NL10 starts making you some bucks and jump up to NL25 (or even higher) when your BR hardly covers the NL10 requirements.

Anyways, good luck (or should I say a lot of skill? Both I guess!)

PS: btw you play fullring right?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      hey Samo, good luck with your endevours.

What I would say is focus on the quality of your poker rather than quality.

eg, dont force yourself to multitable if you arent 100% comfortable.

I read phil's little green book, its actually quite a good read, but don't make the mistake of using the hand ranges in the book when playing 9 max, as the little green book mostly deals with 6max shorthanded play.

20bb/100 win rate is likely to be unsustainable. 12-13bb/100 is much more realistic.

volume goals tend to motivate you more I find, but do what works.
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sapiente
      NL10 is quite a bit tougher than NL5(because there are actually also some quite good regs at these limits while NL5 is too low for most people) but you still get a TON of people who have no idea what they're doing, are predictable, overly passive or on the other hand just way too loose.

I don't think it would be a mistake to try it out for yourself when you have at least 15+ BI but you have to have the discipline to drop back down quickly if things aren't going your way. (a lot also depends on your mentality if your gonna play scared money then don't do it!) I must say I always found the games at NL10 much more logical than those at NL2 and NL5 and its not that defficult to turn a profit in them. Just don't make the same mistake as I did and get overly confident when NL10 starts making you some bucks and jump up to NL25 (or even higher) when your BR hardly covers the NL10 requirements.

Anyways, good luck (or should I say a lot of skill? Both I guess!)

PS: btw you play fullring right?
      Thanks for a thorough answer. It is something I was expecting (about NL10 games). Maybe I will try them at 15+ BI level, just to see how they will go. I'm not really affraid about the psihological side of the game as I find myself quite stable and calm. Thank you for good wishes - I find it's more about skill than luck.

And yes, I play full ring, BSS. I think I have to become good player at full ring before switching to short handed ones.

Best regards and good luck/skill to you, too.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Nice blog :D And regarding the NL10 thing, it doesn't really have many decent regs there, all the ones with stats that look like they might be a decent player are actually just multitabling nits who don't havea clue about adapting to your play. So my advice would be this: If they raise you, they've got a big hand, most likely set or two pair, they certainly won't go all in with anything less than QQ, usually just KK and AA. They fold to blind steals too much, they fold to resteals too much and they fold to 3bets too much.

Use this to your advantage, 3bet them relentlessly in position, and steal their blinds often :)
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      hey Samo, good luck with your endevours.

What I would say is focus on the quality of your poker rather than quality.

eg, dont force yourself to multitable if you arent 100% comfortable.

I read phil's little green book, its actually quite a good read, but don't make the mistake of using the hand ranges in the book when playing 9 max, as the little green book mostly deals with 6max shorthanded play.

20bb/100 win rate is likely to be unsustainable. 12-13bb/100 is much more realistic.

volume goals tend to motivate you more I find, but do what works.
      Thank you for reply.

I try to focus on quality, don't worry. I tried to 6-table, but I quickly discovered it's not wise because you are missing too much information about the game at the tables. I found 4 tables are OK for me, at least at the NL5 level. When I'll switch to higher level, I'll start with one table and when I'll feel prepared to multitable I'll slowly include more tables, but not more than 4. This is what I have done at NL5 at it worked for me.

Thanks for advice on the book. I heard about it and read the review, witch was very positive. Probably I can get it from PS store for FPPs, otherwise I'll buy one. I'm planning to read some other NLHE books, too.

About the win rate - you are right. I guess I was on a hot streak at the beginning, but now I've stabilized at 10 bb/100, which I find is enough to earn some funds and to grow the bankroll in a healthy way.

I'm really motivated by the volume at NL5 level, because I find it is OK to multitable. I also want to earn some FPPs/VPPs to get some small bonuses. I guess at higher levels I won't be able to do it this way, but there you earn VPPs because of higher rake collected at the table.

Regards
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      Nice blog :D And regarding the NL10 thing, it doesn't really have many decent regs there, all the ones with stats that look like they might be a decent player are actually just multitabling nits who don't havea clue about adapting to your play. So my advice would be this: If they raise you, they've got a big hand, most likely set or two pair, they certainly won't go all in with anything less than QQ, usually just KK and AA. They fold to blind steals too much, they fold to resteals too much and they fold to 3bets too much.

Use this to your advantage, 3bet them relentlessly in position, and steal their blinds often :)
      Well, thanks for this instructions. I'll try what you say when I come there. I hope it will be soon.

Regards
    • Samo2
      Samo2
      Bronze
      Well it's time for another weekly review.

In this week variance stroke my results and I had a bad run of cards at first half of the week. Here are some hands to show this.

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.00
      CO:
      $4.93
      BU:
      $2.88
      SB:
      $3.17
      BB:
      $9.37
      UTG1:
      $5.15
      UTG2:
      $4.90
      MP1:
      $20.56
      MP2:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 8, K, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BU raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $0.95, BU raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $5.05, BU calls $1.38.

Turn: ($7.95) K (2 players)

River: ($7.95) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.95.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A A).
      BU shows three of a kind, kings(Q K).

BU wins with three of a kind, kings(Q K).

============

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $6.21
      SB:
      $12.45
      BB:
      $5.42
      UTG1:
      $1.48
      UTG2:
      $4.00
      MP1:
      $9.11
      MP2 (Hero):
      $5.12
      MP3:
      $1.41
      CO:
      $5.05

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, MP3 calls $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) 6, Q, 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, MP3 raises to $0.90, BB folds, Hero raises to $1.35, MP3 calls $0.31.

Turn: ($3.18) Q (2 players)

River: ($3.18) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.18.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and queens(K K).
      MP3 shows a full-house, queens full of sixs(Q K).

MP3 wins with a full-house, queens full of sixs(Q K).

==========

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $5.45
      MP3:
      $5.00
      CO:
      $4.86
      BU:
      $4.93
      SB:
      $8.83
      BB:
      $0.80
      UTG2:
      $12.85

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9, 9.
      UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, MP2 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.62) 3, 9, J (3 players)
      BB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, MP2 raises to $0.45, BB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $4.80, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($6.47) Q (2 players)

River: ($6.47) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.47.
      Results follow:

BB shows a full-house, jacks full of queens(J Q).
      Hero shows a full-house, nines full of jacks(9 9).

BB wins with a full-house, jacks full of queens(J Q).

============

As you can see, at all 3 hands I or the oponnent were all-in on the flop and I had advantage (correct me, if I'm wrong). The villain always got the mirracle card by the river, even if he didn't play strategically correct. But this is poker and you have to get used to such kind of outcomes :f_frown: .

There were also other bad hands I don't want to point out, as they were mostly AA or KK running into trips on flop, which I have to work on (how to discover the trips by villain behavior).

I also had some well played hands that kept me "alive".

After that I managed to recover most of the losses, going up and down. Anyway, at the end of the week there was again one bad session. And here are the results for the week:
      - hands played so far: 20097
      - winnings: $57.89 (-1.20$)
      - bb/100: 8.25
      - VPIP%: 11.5
      - PFR%: 7.0

When I did daily and weekly session reviews I discovered I didn't make any major mistakes. I tried some of the more sophisticated tehnics, but as I already mentioned, they don't work at this level (NL5).

Anyway, on Saturday I decided to try to implement my current knowledge of NLHE to play a tournament. I read some basic strategies and went to register at $3.30 (3 + 0.30) NLHE tournament. It went quite well and after about 5 hours I finished in 88th position out of 3223 players, recieving $14.98. It was a great experience and I had a lot of fun. I decided to try one NLHE tournament per week, probably the same one, just to mix things a little bit and to see if I can achieve similar results in the future.

This is it and see you next week.