[NL2-NL10] [MSS]NL5 - trip J's on flush board

• Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      okay first of all, I don't see any MSS hands around yet for evaluation, so I figured I'd post one. I hope this is the right section as I don't see any MSS section

villain had VPIP/PFR of 35/5

Flush board, but against this range i thought he might aswell be chasing a flush instead of having a made hand already.

Got lucky on the river though and won because the board paired, delivered a very bad beat to villain defeating his nut flush

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $6.22
      BU:
      $4.85
      SB (Hero):
      $2.00
      BB:
      $1.52
      UTG2:
      $7.55
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $3.02
      MP3:
      $5.22

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.55) J, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP2 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.25) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP2 raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($4.05) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.05.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of fives(J J).
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high(9 A).

Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of fives(J J).
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey

Yes you are welcome to post here :)

If you look carefully, you have $1.75 on the Flop with the Pot being $0.55.

If you bet $0.40 as your cBet & he calls. Your stack is $1.35 and the Turn pot is going to be $0.4+0.4+0.55 = $1.35

You can then shove potsized :) which gives you more EV

As played ofcourse I would bet/call the Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd say nh.

No way to fold set against min-raise imo.
      Chances someone flopped a flush is really small so there are not many hands that beat yours.

You didnt gave him a bad beat since he misplayed it from limp/calling pre-flop :f_biggrin:

You could raise 1xbb more preflop for being OOP and you could bet slightly bigger on the flop so turn would be a shove.

T.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      lol posted at the same time as Gerv :P
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      i haven't gone over alot of the new MSS stuff, but bet sizing on that flop, can we cbet more like .45 or even .5? really punish spade draws (since i cant imagine much else that can actually call us on this flop, we have 2 blockers to TP hands, and besides the FD board is super dry)

also, betting .45 or .5 flop, bad players (such as guys who run 35/5) will call with FD, allowing us to shove turn and them thinking "OMG ITS ONLY 1.25 into 1.55!!!!
      " giving us even more value from FD?

question for OP - as played on flop, what is your plan on a spade turn?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      i haven't gone over alot of the new MSS stuff, but bet sizing on that flop, can we cbet more like .45 or even .5? really punish spade draws (since i cant imagine much else that can actually call us on this flop, we have 2 blockers to TP hands, and besides the FD board is super dry)

also, betting .45 or .5 flop, bad players (such as guys who run 35/5) will call with FD, allowing us to shove turn and them thinking "OMG ITS ONLY 1.25 into 1.55!!!!
      " giving us even more value from FD?

question for OP - as played on flop, what is your plan on a spade turn?
      maxEV against chasers is always betting x on Flop to get pot Y on the Turn which is equals to your turnstack Z (so Y=Z by betting X)

If the 4th spade comes, I would c/c since one has topset and therefore there are barely toppairs in his range combo wise

- Gerv