This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [MSS]NL5 - trip J's on flush board

• Raykoid666
      Raykoid666
      Bronze
      okay first of all, I don't see any MSS hands around yet for evaluation, so I figured I'd post one. I hope this is the right section as I don't see any MSS section

villain had VPIP/PFR of 35/5

Flush board, but against this range i thought he might aswell be chasing a flush instead of having a made hand already.

Got lucky on the river though and won because the board paired, delivered a very bad beat to villain defeating his nut flush

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $6.22
      BU:
      $4.85
      SB (Hero):
      $2.00
      BB:
      $1.52
      UTG2:
      $7.55
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $3.02
      MP3:
      $5.22

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.55) J, 3, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP2 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.25) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP2 raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70.

River: ($4.05) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.05.

Results follow:

Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of fives(J J).
      MP2 shows a flush, ace high(9 A).

Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of fives(J J).
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey

Yes you are welcome to post here :)

If you look carefully, you have $1.75 on the Flop with the Pot being $0.55.

If you bet $0.40 as your cBet & he calls. Your stack is $1.35 and the Turn pot is going to be $0.4+0.4+0.55 = $1.35

You can then shove potsized :) which gives you more EV

As played ofcourse I would bet/call the Turn

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd say nh.

No way to fold set against min-raise imo.
      Chances someone flopped a flush is really small so there are not many hands that beat yours.

You didnt gave him a bad beat since he misplayed it from limp/calling pre-flop :f_biggrin:

You could raise 1xbb more preflop for being OOP and you could bet slightly bigger on the flop so turn would be a shove.

T.
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      lol posted at the same time as Gerv :P
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      i haven't gone over alot of the new MSS stuff, but bet sizing on that flop, can we cbet more like .45 or even .5? really punish spade draws (since i cant imagine much else that can actually call us on this flop, we have 2 blockers to TP hands, and besides the FD board is super dry)

also, betting .45 or .5 flop, bad players (such as guys who run 35/5) will call with FD, allowing us to shove turn and them thinking "OMG ITS ONLY 1.25 into 1.55!!!!
      " giving us even more value from FD?

question for OP - as played on flop, what is your plan on a spade turn?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AlCaTrAzzALZ
      i haven't gone over alot of the new MSS stuff, but bet sizing on that flop, can we cbet more like .45 or even .5? really punish spade draws (since i cant imagine much else that can actually call us on this flop, we have 2 blockers to TP hands, and besides the FD board is super dry)

also, betting .45 or .5 flop, bad players (such as guys who run 35/5) will call with FD, allowing us to shove turn and them thinking "OMG ITS ONLY 1.25 into 1.55!!!!
      " giving us even more value from FD?

question for OP - as played on flop, what is your plan on a spade turn?
      maxEV against chasers is always betting x on Flop to get pot Y on the Turn which is equals to your turnstack Z (so Y=Z by betting X)

If the 4th spade comes, I would c/c since one has topset and therefore there are barely toppairs in his range combo wise

- Gerv