Feedback for Variancekiller

• 16 replies
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Hello, I staked variancekiller for 260 games of 16$ turbo STTs. Everything went smooth, ideal stakee really. I got regular updates from skype, HEM graph when requested and he happily answered any questions I had during staking period. I can also mention that I got a nice ROI on my investment (+80%) and I couldn't be happier to stake him again.

Cheers! :f_biggrin:
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arisko
      Hello, I staked variancekiller for 260 games of 16$ turbo STTs. Everything went smooth, ideal stakee really. I got regular updates from skype, HEM graph when requested and he happily answered any questions I had during staking period. I can also mention that I got a nice ROI on my investment (+80%) and I couldn't be happier to stake him again.

Cheers! :f_biggrin:
      This :D I don't have anything else to add :) Really nice person to stake, looking forward for other deals with him
    • totte1992
      totte1992
      Bronze
      I had a part of a 1000 Sng block. Got regular updates on skype and also a railing thread was running. He sended the money back really fast after the stake was done.

He was running below EV so there was no profit this time, but a very nice person and im looking forward staking him again in the future!

cheers!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      [Edit/Update]

Originally posted by maritsula
      Originally posted by variancekillerVK edit: it's missing 4k not 2k games and in that 4k games I still had a overall win of $1300. So if anything it's not in my favor to show that old graph!
      Block 1: $660
      Block 2: $1870
      Block 3: -$820
      Block 4: -$950

Overall: $760

Profit of Stakee: $1265

+ Rakeback from 4k games ABI $20 should be around $1500-2000 avg $1725

Profit of Stakers: $-505

So stakee made around $3k profit while stakers made a loss of -$505
      Had something like that in mind as well when I first decided staking. Felt there was something unpleasant for the staker. Kinda kept tracking his results for awhile and yup, good argument there maritsula.

Short: trustworthy stakee but smart guy taking advantage of the 'hidden' profits for himself.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      I had a part in couple of his blocks. Good comunication, sent money fast when stake ended. :f_thumbsup:
    • totte1992
      totte1992
      Bronze
      Staked him for à sng block on ftp , everything handled perfectly , would stake again
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      RE: block 5 $15 9man stt's (maybe $30 aswell when in profit)

Originally posted by variancekiller
      If you take into account block 1 and 2, I am still in profit over all 4 blocks combined...
      yes you are in profit,but rest of us who staked you for last 4 blocks are all in losses.
      I am down 116$ overall.
      You took profit when stake was up and if you lost block you got payed from rb, selfishly leaving investors in red whilst you reaped profits .
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      If you take into account block 1 and 2, I am still in profit over all 4 blocks combined...
      yes you are in profit,but rest of us who staked you for last 4 blocks are all in losses.
      I am down 116$ overall.
      You took profit when stake was up and if you lost block you got payed from rb, selfishly leaving investors in red whilst you reaped profits .
      All of you knew the terms, it's a bit weird to complain afterwards. You are not forced in any way to participate in the deal.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global

All of you knew the terms, it's a bit weird to complain afterwards. You are not forced in any way to participate in the deal.

i give you right on this one.thats why i went out, couse of cocky and selfish behavior as you presented here.
      and i am not complaning bro, i am just telling the truth,since you said you are up overall in 4 blocks .yes you might be but all investors are down and i think ppl should know that.
      gl with your stake and all the best
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Originally posted by variancekillerVK edit: it's missing 4k not 2k games and in that 4k games I still had a overall win of $1300. So if anything it's not in my favor to show that old graph!

• Krimica
      Krimica
      Bronze
      I would also say something about since I'm also a previous backer. So it might help future investors and might help them decide whether to invest or not.

At first the stake looks good. We showed profit in the first block and everything seem running smooth. After that he came up with some weird stories that he has offers from other people who are willing to take him for 60/40 till 70/30 in stakee's favor. He asked if we can top these. I found this pretty ridiculous honestly. After that I put into EV staking calculator(link can be found here on PS) and I found that by taking my share and his ROI and games the stake is actually -EV(which in the end it was and pretty much as the calculator said).

But yeah, he was running good and I thought let's continue. Obviously the story with the other investors giving him better deal fall apart for I don't know reasons. Anyway we continue and it was another successful block and the we come to the 3rd block. We ended up in the minus and then the big thing started with backing up loses with RB. IMO we backers did also made a mistake by putting this on topic(get it into the deal) before the actual block. This things are IMO done pre not post block. But also variancekiller wasn't really a person open to negotiations. His reason was that there are enough people who want to stake me so take it or leave it. Which is fine it also shows a bit his attitude which I find disgusting and I hope future investors will teach he to be able to negotiate.

So in general I also didn't like the following things:
      - I think only one block finished as planned in time so I would say it's not really a reliable/committed person when it comes to grinding(don't care for excuses honestly). All other blocks had delays which I simply don't like since in the end I would say we are doing business here and people have to stick to what they say.
      - I didn't like the fact with the 30$. Yeah, he might have run bad which is quite obvious from the graphs but he keeps consistently pushing them. I mean we are stuck for a very decent - and then he comes back a bit with the 15$ and then without asking or anything(since in the end it's not his money) just put's back again the 30$ and again we are stuck deep. I mention that in our Skype chat but again it just seemed he didn't read it at all. And what's funny he also says from time to time I will take them out but again as soon as we stand a bit better without asking or anything just goes back which I find sort of not really correct.

I think in general everybody his a fair stakee but I think all the investors should teach him about negotiations or the interest should go do in order for him to open up. Anyway I wish GL for future investors and but do the math before you invest. :)
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krimica
      I would also say something about since I'm also a previous backer. So it might help future investors and might help them decide whether to invest or not.

At first the stake looks good. We showed profit in the first block and everything seem running smooth.
      1 After that he came up with some weird stories that he has offers from other people who are willing to take him for 60/40 till 70/30 in stakee's favor. He asked if we can top these. I found this pretty ridiculous honestly. After that I put into EV staking calculator(link can be found here on PS) and I found that by taking my share and his ROI and games the stake is actually -EV(which in the end it was and pretty much as the calculator said).

But yeah, he was running good and I thought let's continue. Obviously the story with the other investors giving him better deal fall apart for I don't know reasons. Anyway we continue and it was another successful block and the we come to the 3rd block.
      2 We ended up in the minus and then the big thing started with backing up loses with RB. IMO we backers did also made a mistake by putting this on topic(get it into the deal) before the actual block. This things are IMO done pre not post block. But also variancekiller wasn't really a person open to negotiations. His reason was that there are enough people who want to stake me so take it or leave it. Which is fine it also shows a bit his attitude which I find disgusting and I hope future investors will teach he to be able to negotiate.

So in general I also didn't like the following things:
      3 I think only one block finished as planned in time so I would say it's not really a reliable/committed person when it comes to grinding(don't care for excuses honestly). All other blocks had delays which I simply don't like since in the end I would say we are doing business here and people have to stick to what they say.
      4 I didn't like the fact with the 30$. Yeah, he might have run bad which is quite obvious from the graphs but he keeps consistently pushing them. I mean we are stuck for a very decent - and then he comes back a bit with the 15$ and then without asking or anything(since in the end it's not his money) just put's back again the 30$ and again we are stuck deep. I mention that in our Skype chat but again it just seemed he didn't read it at all. And what's funny he also says from time to time I will take them out but again as soon as we stand a bit better without asking or anything just goes back which I find sort of not really correct.

I think in general everybody his a fair stakee but I think all the investors should teach him about negotiations or the interest should go do in order for him to open up. Anyway I wish GL for future investors and but do the math before you invest. :)
      1: story with different stakers, is not shady or anything I played open book with you guys and gave you priority. I didn't take the deal in the end since they take 5 days to respond whenever I had a question.

2: I openly discussed the topic with sin (who responded to my response , That there was no way I would include rakeback since there where other people that wanted to stake me, and I quote: "ofc I wouldnt ether if I were you" 16th of july 13:57) and I think you gave your opinion somewhere aswell. Picking out one line out of the whole conversation is not really fair. Complaining about this topic post block would be the same as me asking a bigger percentage of the winnings after a block finished.

Also give me one good reason to chance the deal if there are enough people that want to stake me. It's not a matter of arrogance or being open to negotiations. I would be cutting myself if I would have changed the deal more to the favor of the backer. It's not business mentality in anyway to do that.

3: Every block could last for 2 weeks. These are the start date of every single block and the day I posted result (not necessarily the date I finished, since I can't look that up easily)

block 1 - 5 june / 16 june 11 days
      block 2 - 18 june / 1 July 15 days
      block 3 - 2 july / 16 july 14 days
      block 4 - 17 july / 31 july 15 days

4: In block 3 and block 4 I implemented the $30's in total I ran $1700 below EV in those (300ish games played). At the start of the block every staker knew the $30's where part of the deal and by agreeing to the stake you agree to the terms. As soon as I noticed I was stuck so much in them I took them out of my session (I only look at the result of a session at the end of it). When I climbed back with the $15's (in block 3 only) I let backers know in skype that I would put in some $30's again with strict table selection and during a days time (and not after that aswell), before I started playing again, no one told me they didn't want me to do that. In block 4 on the 23rd I mentioned I was back over the $1500 and was thinking about adding the $30's again. Sin asked to stop pursuing the $30's because they didn't showed profit thus far. I responded with it just being variance (which was the case) but have not played the $30's since.
    • Krimica
      Krimica
      Bronze
      1.How can I know if it's open book or not? I mean it's understandable that you make this kinda moves but do I know the guys? Or do I have just your word because this can be as well a pretty much invented story? I mean you just said a couple of other guys. How can I possibly know who that is and get into contact and verify. I mean the fact that you did this speaks enough especially since it was during block time. I guess that's enough reference that's speaks about your attitude.

2. As I stated we made as well a mistake about not bringing this up pre. That's something I admit and but you also decline right away for future blocks which is fine. But why are you mixing then up games if you run bad(30$) if we play without make up? I think in the end maritsula pointed pretty good out how good you actually been living from money that actually came 87,5%(I think you had 12,5%) coming from us. Fairly fine for you I have actually have the deepest respect for you as a business man. I just hope people will in the future force you to negotiate by not blindly accepting.

3.Since when are 2 weeks 15days? Did I skip school? And yeah you might say now I'm getting into details but hey, you very often just put the sick amount games at the end. Just take a look at your days. First block was really fast later it was a bit slower but most games being played at the end of the agree time. And honestly for me 1 day delays is 1 day delay. That's my opinion. In the end it never was 1-2 weeks but rather 2+ weeks.

4. I told you already I don't care about your EV. You mention it in this thread already a couple of times but what should I do with it. You consistently use it as an sort of excuse. When we run good you didn't brought it up that often as you when you run bad.

Variancekiller I'm not saying you are not a trusty stakee. There are no thoughts about that(payments are really fast tough) and you are a very good business man for you own ass and you have really my deepest respect as stated for that. But I don't like your attitude. That's it. You can say again about EV and running bad and I actually understand it as poker player but the only reason why I quit is that I don't like your attitude. That's all from me and I guess I have the right to say my opinion. I still wish you and the backers GL in your next block
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      This is what the feedback thread is for -- so you don't clutter up the application thread.

All stakers and stakees should check the appropriate feedback threads.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maritsula

Had something like that in mind as well when I first decided staking. Felt there was something unpleasant for the staker. Kinda kept tracking his results for awhile and yup, good argument there maritsula.

Short: trustworthy stakee but smart guy taking advantage of the 'hidden' profits for himself.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I staked variancekiller for two 1-2k blocks of mixed limits on FTP and Stars and was happy with both the results and professionalism of the stakee. He provided updates to the stake without waiting to be asked. variancekiller was also willing to take on board technical feedback, and implement the suggested changes to his game.

Excellent player and completely trustworthy. I'd happily stake again!