Your feedback for PokerStrategy.com in 2011

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Another year passed and now is a good opportunity to review the year 2011. Since we are a community, we are curious to hear what you have to say about PokerStrategy.com.

• Did we manage to make our community evolve this year?
      • Did we create added value for you personally?
      • What are you satisfied with?
      • What did you not like?

Help us to get a clear and neutral overview of what you liked and did not like - this will help us improve even more in 2012 and offer you the best content, service and promotions.

If your recap of 2011 is positive - and only then - we would be happy if you give us your vote since PokerStrategy.com is nominated for seven categories at the 2012 iGB Awards:

• Best Poker Affiliate
      • Best Overall Affiliate
      • Best Affiliate Program - Non-Traditional
      • Best Affiliate Program - Overall
      • The Lou Fabiano Award for the Best iGaming Community
      • Best Affliate Manager - Non-Traditional (Hannes Hanusch aka Truthans)
      • Best Affliate Manager - Overall (Hannes Hanusch aka Truthans)

iGB Awards 2012: Place your vote here
  • 52 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Yes! We want to know all your thoughts guys! Time to speak up! :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I don't really know if this stuff is relevant or not, I'm clueless at business, marketing etc., but hey....

On the negative side I am being asked - very politely- to vote, but how can I vote of rpeople I have never heard of? That's like my local MP coming to my door and offering to make my life hell - oh sorry, better -and I have never seen them before they needed votes.

Not a criticism, just a thought, that maybe we need some of those nice profiler/writer types to do some paragraphs on these [no doubt very talented and important to the community] people. Or is there loads of info on them I'm not seeing!? DOH!.

On a more positive note, I think the community spirit in this community is unsurpassed and has been encouraged to grow due in great part to our superb moderators and community staff members, not withstanding the contribution made by the members themselves.
      It's the little things like the moderator berating someone...ever so politely! Lol. Or the forum members all mucking in to support some totally lost noob.
      Just an awesome achievement in such a large community and deserving of any and every accolade available.

Not a great deal, but I've only got 2c.

Keep evolving. :s_cool: :s_cool: :heart: :heart:

P.S. voted
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey gadget,

Thank you for your feedback.

Couldn't agree more with your post/thoughts!:heart: :)
      I once thanked the community for being my virtual home and how lucky we are to have each other just a click away.

The above voting is important to us because the mentioned people (my dear colleagues) are may not be front of you, may not have huge posts for you to read or introduction threads but are working very hard to make this community and PokerStrategy.com a better place, everyday.

have a nice eve
      Ingi
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Very kind. You to Ingrid :heart:
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well i started again playing a lot just a month ago. Well i think that Pokerstrategy is doing fantastic job and i see many improvements from the past years.

I would like to especially mention hand judges who are doing a fantastic job. At micro limits here is veriz and i think he deserve a public praise for his work.

What i do miss on Pokerstrategy is sort of promotions for PokeStars players.

Well i wish you all to keep great work in the future.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      At micro limits here is veriz and i think he deserve a public praise for his work.

What i do miss on Pokerstrategy is sort of promotions for PokeStars players.

Agree with both points fully, Veriz does a fantastic job for the sheer number of hands that get posted to his forum every day :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Material is excellent -- articles, videos & coaching sessions.
      The camaraderie of the people here is terrific.

The member ranking system is well thought out, and achievable for even recreational players.

The only downside I can think of is the inability of PokerStrategy & PokerStars to figure out a way for us to re-track our accounts.

I almost certainly would have given up poker if it weren't for the encouragement and instructional material I get here.

Thanks, Pokerstrategy!
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thank you guys for the feedback :heart:
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      First of all,

TY Pokerstrategy to walk us trough every step of our everyday lifes as a (still recreational) poker player. This is my second year in the community and I feel proud to be part of it. I just wanted to say that this year had been by far better then the last one. I think the biggest difference are in the learning paths and of course the coaches. When I joined Pokerstrategy I started reading all the articles but kinda feel lost. So I must be honest and say that I stopped reading them. When I saw the course it was interesting but still didn t wanna apply for something that has a schedule. Then I saw that it available for anybody and after going through 50% of the course I can already now tell I have improved and that I have fun again reading this articles, watching videos and coachings, doing homeworks. I think that very constructive and refreshing way to learn. Congratulations to all of you(specially for Hasenbraten and Veriz because they made a great duo at least regarded to the course) for this IMO big improvement in the section Strategy. The other thing that impressed me was joining of Dusty, Jungle, Jeans and all this great players to your coaching team. I mean I m a big fan of Dusty and I m so said that I can t watch his videos but I got motivated to return to my tracked account and play again just to take a share of his knowledge. Also great is that you can buy Strategypoints.It is all up to as how do we wanna improve. You set everything for us. I have to say that for me as I mentioned you are part of my everyday life. I wake up every morning, make coffe and as I m drinking it I m already on this site searching, reading, evaluating ecc. If my girlfriend wouldn t use this laptop you would be my homepage. So I expressed myself clear to understand how important (at least in my life) are you.

P.S. As I m coming from Croatia ( a balkan state) I would suggest a Balkan community(as we all have pretty much the same language) or are we too small?
    • dinhquanwin
      dinhquanwin
      Bronze
      i am very like to play on Pokerstars, but i dont see any freeroll from pokerstrategy on pokerstars. example: eclusive 10K for depositors on pokerstars. and i have not also receive any ticket from pokerstrategy to play on pokerstars.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Well, I really hate pokerstrategy, because... oh well, who am I kidding, I love it! :P

To be fair, if I have to pick what I didn't like it's the Sidekick and the inablility of retracking accounts to pokerstars, although I understand why it isn't possible.

Other than that I'm very pleased with basically everything the site and the community has to offer.

Keep it up! :f_thumbsup:
    • Lindberg789
      Lindberg789
      Bronze
      Gj again guys and girls.

Overall ps.com is top notch, only problem is all videos aren't avalible in all languges. Other communities than english has more mtt/sng material and other stuff that could be interresting for our community.

that's the only real critic i can come up with. again gj
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Everything was fine except that alot of promo's / suggestions went to specific poker rooms (where ps.com receives more promotional money for?) instead of a good balance between rooms. There are alot of poker rooms who got full attention from ps.com while other rooms did not. I hate this and will not support ps.com in any way.

For example: December, month of promo. What promo does pokerstars have? Not a single penny. 21 I-pads being given out and there is in total 18 poker rooms. Some poker rooms get 3 while other get zero. Fair? Hell no.

Of course I understand that the income for ps.com is also important but I feel some total greed of only promoting certain poker rooms who probably gives better income to ps.com.

The poker guides are getting way too much; there is too much guides and videos. You need an expert to sort them by some kind of "score". The quality ones aboves. Now it feels quantity over quality, for this reason I even bought a poker book because there is too many (crap/semi useless) guides/videos out there. The total videos/guides available is getting out of control, there is just too many of them. Sometimes you see two/three guides/videos about the same topic where the difference between those guides/videos nearly the same is.

No offense in anyway way, if I had to rate ps.com for year 2011 I would give it a solid 8/10 :)

Edit: Well I could sum up some positive stuffs but there is really no need to go in detail, the support and community from ps.com is awesome, best so far.
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney
      The poker guides are getting way too much
      What is wrong with you?!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      What is wrong with you?!
      I'm not allowed to give feedback?!
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tarhonya
      What is wrong with you?!
      I'm not allowed to give feedback?!
      Sure you can, but I just can't wrap my head around yours, to say the least.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by TarhonyaTo be fair, if I have to pick what I didn't like it's the Sidekick and the inablility of retracking accounts to pokerstars, although I understand why it isn't possible.
      I DON'T understand why it is not possible!
      It is a win for PokerStars, it is a win for PokerStrategy and it is a win for the players.
      It seems to me that it would just take a sit-down by the honchos of both PSes to iron out the details.

I would gladly pay a nominal fee -- perhaps in VPP points? -- to make it happen.

But yes, that is the only thing that ever bugged me, too
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Well, I'm just speculating, but if an account is not tracked through any affiliate than 100% of the rake paid by the player goes to the site. So it's logical from the poker site's perspective to avoid mixing non-affiliated accounts with affiliated ones. They are just not going to advertise affiliates like that, even if they would agree not to share the rake since not the affiliate brought the player to the site afterall.
      And re-tracked accounts could also mess up/exploit bonuses and promotions, so I can imagine why it's not possible at the moment, even though I'd love to be tracked to ps as well.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Yes, I get that.
      However, Pokerstars gets a piddling 8 to 10 $/mo from me in rake, whereas my tracked room gets about $100 -- likely more in Dec as I'm going to try to clear a $100 bonus, without losing the equivalent.