[Coaching] Fixed-Limit [Beginner] with TerrorBlade

• TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Dear PokerStrategists,

welcome to the coachingthread for the [coaching name] Basic / Silver / Gold /
      Platinum coaching by [coach].

Coaching Info:

• Name: [coaching name]
      • Coach: Bierbaer
      • Time: Wednesdays 18:00-19:00 GMT
      Platinum

What will you learn in this coaching?

[filled by coach]

Upcoming Topics

Your feedback is wanted!

We want to know how you like the coaching and how we can improve. Please share your feedback in this thread!

About me:
      [filled by coach]

Hope to see you in the coachings :) .

Best regards,
      coach

Dear PokerStrategists,

welcome to the coachingthread for the [coaching name] Basic / Silver / Gold /
      Platinum coaching by [coach].

Coaching Info:

• Name: [coaching name]
      • Coach: Bierbaer
      • Time: Wednesdays 18:00-19:00 GMT
      Platinum

What will you learn in this coaching?

[filled by coach]

Upcoming Topics

Your feedback is wanted!

We want to know how you like the coaching and how we can improve. Please share your feedback in this thread!

About me:
      [filled by coach]

Hope to see you in the coachings :) .

Best regards,
      coach

Dear PokerStrategists,

To improve the quality of my coaching I need your support.
      Leave your feedback, your questions and your suggestions here!

About Me:

I'm a full time professional and play Fixed limit Shorthanded from 3/6->T/20$. I've been coaching and making videos for 2 years.

General information about my coaching
      • Name of coaching: FL FR Basic
      • Poker Room: PartyPoker
      • Time: Wednesday 10-11pm

What's this coaching about?

Straightforward valuebetting and avoiding tricky plays is the main focus of the coaching. I also try to introduce thinking processes behind the moves you read in the basic articles so you can try to evaluate situations on your own and begin moving away from applying fixed strategies.

Feel free to bring in prepared questions or sample hands for me to evaluate or just watch the hands that come up in the coaching. Note that I much prefer evaluating user played hands or discussing questions rather than the hands that I play during the coaching, as these tend to address more relevant thinking processes to you guys.

Who's this coaching for?

An absolute beginner up to someone playing 25/50c Full Ring will receive the most benefit from this coaching.

See you in the coaching!
      TerrorBlade
  • 182 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Nice one.
      [x] thumbs up!
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      18/06/2008

Hey guys just finished the coaching for today, we went like an hour or so overtime reverting to a little bit of shorthanded doing a public-private coaching with TribunCaesar too :D We might do the same thing next week if he's online to give you guys a little bit of a taste of shorthanded which is what you will probably be switching to as you climb the limits!

Some questions asked during the coaching included "How do I beat these players who check/call their strong hands to the river and I end up losing to?"

Basically if they are check/calling their strong hands all the time you are losing less money because if you had a Top/middle pair and they have a set for example let's say you can't fold, you will be raised somewhere along the way against a good player and thus he will make extra money from you, whereas vs a passive player you will gain BB's just from him calling you down because he didn't get him money in as much as possible while ahead. This demonstrably works to your advantage as shown in a hand I played during the coaching below.

Basically at the time I had no reads on this guy but again later I played another interesting hand too which was influenced by the read gained in this one =)

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position
      BB
      CO
      BU
      MP2
      UTG+2
      SB
      UTG+1
      MP1
      MP3

0.10/0.20 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises, MP3 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

We have pocket jacks and thus make a standard raise for value and to try and filter out worse hands from calling.

Flop: (8.00 SB) 6:spade: , 8:heart: , 9:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, BB calls.

We have overpair which is a strong made hand so we have no intention of slowing down, and will probably 3-bet if raised due to the possible straight draws etc.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, BB folds.

This card makes any 7 beat us but the possibility is not great and if raised here I'd probably calldown to the river depending on my reads of his passiveness. I standardly bet again.

River: (7.50 BB) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 calls.

Against 1 player 1 overcard coming on the river isn't enough to scare me off, vs many players at this limit especially I could find a relatively easy fold if raised here, but he just calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

MP3 shows KK for a 3oak Kings!

WTF?! Anywhere along the line except the river if he raised me it would have been too hard to part with the hand so I would have reverted to calldown mode, earning him extra $$! I assume he was afraid of a straight but not raising the river with top set like that is just plain wrong, he missed out on extra value by not raising and thus saved US money! I noted him after that he played KK passively preflop + postflop and thus can assume he's a pretty damn passive player overall.

This next hand is a good demonstration of using reads like the one above to make more difficult decisions easier.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Position
      BU
      UTG+2
      CO
      BB
      SB
      UTG+1
      MP1
      MP2
      MP3

0.10/0.20 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , A:club:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q:spade: , 3:spade: , 7:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 2:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, MP3 folds.

River: (8.25 BB) 9:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Only the river play here is interesting to me, villain is the same player as in the JJ hand so I know he's very passive, the river completes the flush and he donks into me. If he c/c with top set I'm quite sure a donkbet here means flush so often that it's unprofitable to call, against some other players this might be a hard decision but our read made it pretty easy.

Note that during the coaching I played without PAHUD running so I couldn't see that the player had an AF of 0.0 after ~30 hands so I just noted him.

I hope you learnt something from todays coaching and will see you all next week same time same place :D

TerrorBlade
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Nice review. :P
      And wtf is villain doing in the first hand.
      lol

Greetings,
      TribunCaesar
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Playing some good ol' fixed limitaments
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      New post!

25/08/2008

All in all not a very exciting coaching, got very few interesting hands, and only a few questions asked

Anyways near the end of the coaching someone asked me to judge his hand, which is probably more interesting than all the hands in the coaching put together and touches on some important ideas in fixed limit.

Basically when dealing with donkbets the most important thing is reads on the opponent of what kind of hands they like to donk with, because they could be holding basically anything, then noting them for next time on their tendencies.

MP2 is currently unknown.

Original von jini 0,5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:diamond: , J:spade:
      MP2 raises, MP3 folds, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7,50 SB) 3:club: , K:heart: , T:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls.

We have 2nd pair against a flop donk, the flop is dry save for one possible OESD with QJ, so most of the time I think we can be against a K, T, some other pocket pair or air.

We raise to try and determine where we are at in terms of relative hand strength and he just calls, we think that he would 3-bet a K, or maybe T if he is very aggressive but this not likely because of the preflop action.

Turn: (5,75 BB) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls.

This is a blank so we continue betting, if for example an ace had fallen and we had been raised here we could most likely find an easy fold.

River: (7,75 BB) T:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Not the best river card, a blank (card below T) we would have bet again but now every K, T beats us. We are only ahead against a PP now because air is unlikely as he called the flop raise AND the turn bet. We also beat the QJ draw which is less likely cause we hold JJ.

Final Pot: 7,75 BB

MP2 shows A8o
      Wtf? A bit like last week we are surprised at this, he calls the flop raise AND the turn bet with 1 overcard, he is obviously very fishy and our play vs an unknown was okay imo and luckily now we see his cards he can donkbet the flop with A high, and possibly he would have even called a river bet, so we can loosen up our standards a little bit such as value betting all streets with 2nd pair good kicker etc. and try and get a feel for a good baseline hand to play against him.

Obviously he is fishy so we also would like to add him to friends list and play with him in the future! :D

In the next coaching feel free to bring along some hands you have trouble with (or post in sample hand forum) and I'll personally comment in depth about them and discuss them with the coaching listeners if you wish. In this way we can get a better understanding of what we want to do to take advantage of such players.

Also I got some requests for good stats for FR players.

I'm not sure about the ideal values but out of my coachings ive played about 1k hands and they are as follows:

VPIP:16.16
      PFR:12.24
      AF:2.2
      ATS:30

Thanks for listening!
      TerrorBlade
    • NamenIos
      NamenIos
      Bronze
      Hello,
      thanks for the really nice coaching.

Nice amount of hands and explanations, and in carddead times nice content and a bit smalltalk. I'm looking forward for your videos.

Maybe you try the german speciality Wurstwasser-Korn or Wurstwasser-Wodka ;) .

greetings
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      02/07/08

Pretty decent coaching overall, lots of action to talk about and different players I was against.

Some questions included the correct buy-in amount for FL tables. Ideally you need at least 25BB at all times because you can invest 12BB in one hand maximum, and if you lose that hand, then the next hand you have enough to invest the maximum again so you don't lose value if you got a bad beat then got an awesome hand the next hand.

I've spoken in my previous coaching reviews about dealing with downswings, as long as you keep posting hands and working on the game you WILL succeed, maths is on your side. Every downswing has an upswing in the future, if you correctly move down limits when you no longer have the right BB for your current limit, thus handle the downswing smartly while also working on your game, then you will reach the highest limits.

Ok on to the hands!

Position
      CO
      SB
      BB
      UTG
      UTG+1
      UTG+2
      MP1
      MP2
      MP3
      BU

0.25/0.50 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:diamond: , 9:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, 2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero 3-bets, CO calls, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 2:heart: , T:club: , K:diamond: (4 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP2 bets, Hero ???

MP2 donks out into 3 other players which indicates a strong hand. Easy fold with two players to act behind us ie. UTG+1 would probably check/raise his strong hands + also
      in heads up vs unknown I'd probably fold as this flop is pretty dry too.

I edited out the 7s hand cause it wasn't something beginners should be doing in 2nd thought.

Now for the final hand, I call it WhyYouShouldPayAttention

Position
      MP3
      BB
      MP1
      UTG+2
      MP2
      UTG+1
      SB
      BU
      CO

0.25/0.50 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:heart: , K:diamond: . CO posts a blind of $0.25.
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BU folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.00 SB) 3:club: , 2:spade: , 5:club: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

I will cap this flop if given the chance, its way too coordinated.

Turn: (9.00 BB) 4:spade: (6 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero folds, MP2 calls.

I didn't really pay attention so I bet out into 5 people when any ace beats me, I should have played check/fold and didnt see any point in continuing as you're drawing dead most of the time. This is one of those situations where you can easily fold overpair.

River: (18.00 BB) Q:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets, MP3 raises, CO folds, BB 3-bets, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 25.00 BB

Anyways hope you enjoyed my coaching as much as I enjoyed giving it to you =)

Same time same place next week guys!
    • skalar
      skalar
      Bronze
      Thanks for a very intresting coaching, I'm coming from NL and trying to get a clue how FL works. I think I learnd a lot last evening and had a good time in a very familiar atmosphere!
    • bananaranger
      bananaranger
      Bronze
      Nice coaching again. I will be there again next week!
    • Nitlib
      Nitlib
      Bronze
      Hi there-
      I really enjoy your coachings (although I only have seen two up till now). The tone and mode you explain the hands you encounter is educating and amiable.

And I especially enjoyed the detour with TribunCeasar to Titan 2$/4$ a few weeks ago.

About the hands you posted:
      I do agree about the 99 fold caught between the donk better and original raiser, who easily could have us beat and c/r.

But I don´t think I call three bets cold with the sevens- with three people already in the hand I now see I probably could; nothing wrong with the post flop play, though.

And well, the last hand- nice headline ;)
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I edited out the 7s hand as it's not appropriate in the beginners coaching on 2nd thought.

My reasoning was that a raise from early has a strong hand, a 3-better from early-mid must have an even stronger hand therefore they'll give me insane action postflop.
    • Nitlib
      Nitlib
      Bronze
      Nice coaching again on the 9th of July ;)
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      09/07/08

Thanks nitlib =)

A pretty stock-standard coaching today, and unfortunately not any very interesting hands to discuss, you can use this thread to post any difficult hands you maybe have run into or ask any questions you want about the game and I'll personally answer them for you.

Some people asked questions about how to play vs. different opponents, but the only thing you need to worry about is how to play against the passive players. It is the most annoying thing for some bad players to call you down with undercards to make a running miracle 2-pair and can send you on tilt quite easily. To quote stoxtrader in one of this videos "The value from semibluffing on lower limits goes way down and the from valuebetting goes way up" which basically means you will be more profitable if you play your draws passively & made hands agressively and straight forward. If you miss the flop completely against 3+ players I'd recommend even missing out the continuation bet all together. The chance a player connects with the board is ~1/3, so after 3 players the chances are greater than 50% that you're already behind if you missed the board and it's better to just play check/call for your overcard outs or whatever. Against 2 players you will conti bet most of the time and then you can give up on the turn unimproved.

In this way I am 100% positive if you don't tilt and follow BRM you will succeed at the lower limits. The rule is that the more aggressive/reasonable/good they are the more you can play semibluff/"balance" your different lines ie. play the same way different strengths of hands from made hands to draws etc. as to mask your hole cards. These things might seem confusing but as you read the more advanced strategy articles you will take on board these important concepts, but at the moment at .05/.1$->1/2$ or maybe even 2-4$ as well you can play more or less for value against the worse opponents and when you get a stats program/HUD like elephant you can identify the players with a high "Went to showdown" and "VPIP" and the TAGs with less fishy stats and play against them accordingly!

I'm hoping for some good hands next time so I can do a more lengthy review =S

Ask questions, post hands and have a good week, cya next time guys =)
      TerrorBlade
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      16/07/08

Hey guys another wednesday, another coaching :D

I have a couple of KK's for you!

Position
      BU
      UTG+2
      SB
      MP3
      MP1
      MP2
      BB
      CO

0.25/0.50 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      Hero raises, 4 folds, BU calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) A:diamond: , T:spade: , T:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BU calls, BB folds.

After 2 calls I am quite certain I'm ahead, the only hands making sense being some kind of draw (wrongly assuming that they would raise an ace or a ten).

Turn: (4.20 BB) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BU calls.

Blank.

River: (6.20 BB) A:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BU raises, Hero calls.

Blank.
      Possibly check/call for bluff induce as the straight & flush draws didn't arrive instead of bet/fold as we are only betting (if we're ahead) against K high if they're really showdown bound.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB

I think a bet/fold line is more appropriate in this case against a typical .25/.50c fish. This is because they will often pay you off busted flush draw Q or K high but only raise the A in this situation.

Note that I wasn't using pokerace so couldn't tell that BU had a 0.1 AF (making this a definite fold to a raise). It was a bad river call, and I was curious more than anything I suspect.

Of course he showed AK, which was played incredibly badly, and again it reminds me of how straightforward you must play this limit to win, keep bets just for value guys.

Position
      MP2
      MP3
      BU
      SB
      BB
      UTG
      UTG+1
      UTG+2
      MP1
      CO

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , K:heart:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, BU folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.00 SB) 5:club: , 2:heart: , 9:heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Please fold!

Turn: (7.00 BB) 8:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB raises, MP3 calls, Hero 3-bets, SB calls, BB caps, MP3 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

My plan here is bet-3bet to charge draws the maximum, after the cap I realise I'm probably behind and revert to calldown. Also fold if confronted with 2 bets on the river (regardless of card).

River: (23.00 BB) 6:diamond: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Yeah. I miss the value bet as they betting sequence on the turn smells like monster, then they get scared of the gutshot so I take my free showdown.

Final Pot: 23.00 BB

One of them had J high. I was ahead against 2 others and someone had a set of 2s. Regardless I don't see myself playing it another way, as you need to protect in these multiway pots.

Got some good stimulating discussion of differences between NL & FL and general poker theory today, hopefully we get some next week too =)

Same time, same place!
      TerrorBlade
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      23/07/08

Alright.

Some good hands today fortunately, I had plenty to talk about!

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts,
      wsd or hands click here)      
      Position
      UTG+1
      UTG+2
      BB
      MP2

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 calls, 5 folds, Hero raises, MP1 calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 3:club: , J:diamond: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP1 calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP1 calls.

Many fish at this limit will call the flop with any 2, so there is a good chance we're still ahead + will probably fold the turn unimproved.

River: (5.20 BB) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero
      folds

After no fold on the flop & turn we're behind most of the time (more than 6/7 times), without reads that he has a super high WTS. Some people said that this is a check/call with a big ace. Not on this limit. If we look at the board structure it is extremely undrawy, as of the turn there are no draws whatsoever except for 45 which was a gutshot that got there. If the board started drawy but didn't develop, then it's a possible check/call against an aggressive player on a higher limit (at least 1/2+) to get a bluff induce. Both of the factors (passive limit + undrawy board) makes this a definite check/fold.

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

Another interesting hand...

Position
      UTG+1
      MP1
      BB

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , A:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 raises, 4 folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 caps, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) Q:diamond: , K:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP2 raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

You don't see a great many caps at this limit and against this unknown (I play the coaching without stats) I assumed pokerstrategy capping standards. Although we still have good equity:

Board: Kh Qd 4s Qh

equity win tie pots won pots tied
      Hand 0: 57.851% 53.31% 04.55% 1548 132.00 { AA }
      Hand 1: 42.149% 37.60% 04.55% 1092 132.00 { QQ+, AKs, AKo }

My plan was to check/call flop -> check/raise turn however the only worse hand that might 3-bet or call our raise that we beat is AKo which makes up a lot of the possible hand combinations here so with the knowledge of the equilator results maybe I could have still raised here

Board: Kh Qd 4s Qh
      Dead:

Hand 0: 43.030% 39.70% 03.33% 1572 132.00 { AA }
      Hand 1: 56.970% 53.64% 03.33% 2124 132.00 { QQ+, AQs+, AQo+ }

Against a bit of a looser range which is easily possible we only have 43% equity on the turn. Basically at the time I said to myself worse hands would probably fold to a turn raise (except AKo) so I thought a calldown to hopefully get bluffs out of worse hands + AKo will 3 barrel it so I'm not losing a great deal of value with no raise there. Maybe there's some more value here, but I was a bit on the cautious side against a typical .25/.50c player.

He held AJs by the way, yeah.

Anyways on the river I play donkbet/call to stop worse hands from getting a free showdown in the case that he caps a bit looser and could possibly hold a lower PP JJ/TT or an A high hand which he might think is a bluff.

There were a couple more interesting hands but I'm actually gonna save them for a following week as I don't wanna overload this post :P
    • uni05mz
      uni05mz
      Bronze
      Very nice coaching!

The coach responds to the questions very fast, and his answers are very competent!

I would like to have the coach talking a little more small-talk, but this is just a personal request ;-)
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Thanks for the compliment uni!
      I agree with your comment though there was too much dead air this week, I'm more than happy to comment on hands you have played (like jumpsuit this week) or talk about anything really in between hands if anyone wants to ask anything poker or otherwise! I'll try and talk more in between dry spots next time.

30/07/08

Position
      CO
      BU
      SB
      BB
      UTG+1
      MP2
      MP1
      MP3
      UTG+2

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3:diamond: , 3:spade:
      7 folds, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) J:diamond: , 3:club: , J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.00 BB) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BB calls.

River: (6.00 BB) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.00 BB

Basically bananaranger disagreed with my line here. I chose c/c flop donk turn because I wanted to get the chance to 3-bet if he raised me and at the same time prevent him taking a freecard on the turn in case he's drawing (AK etc.).

Also I think that the chance he will call a turn donk is higher than c/r flop bet turn because he might sense it as a bluff/weakness or even think I'm a fish if he's a reasonable player thus be more inclined to raise.

C/c flop, c/r turn is not viable because the chance of a check behind is too high, although C/r flop bet turn is a possibility, and that was what bananaranger was advocating. I'd be interested to hear about what some other people have to say? I have also crossposted this to the .25/.50 FR 33 fullhouse HU.

Note I played without stats.

Here's another interesting-ish hand

Position
      MP3
      CO
      BU
      SB
      BB
      UTG+1
      MP1
      MP2
      UTG
      UTG+2

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , K:club:
      7 folds, BU raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, BU caps, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.00 SB) Q:club: , 9:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets, Hero raises, BU 3-bets, Hero caps, BU calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, BU calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Basically we're ahead most of the time on THIS flop assuming PS raising standards.

Board: Qc 9s 4s
      Dead:

Hand 0: 51.024% 50.92% 00.11% 11090 23.00 { KcQh }
      Hand 1: 48.976% 48.87% 00.11% 10644 23.00 { QQ+, AKs, AKo }

My plan is to call flop raise any turn except an Ace. This is because AK type hands would now beat us which make up a lot of the combinations they could be holding. If the flop was Kc9s4s then we would be far far weaker and maybe even a fold if you know hes quite passive would be in order, but probably a calldown. This turn is an easy raise though =)
    • bananaranger
      bananaranger
      Bronze
      Very nice coaching again.
      Meanwhile I think there are indeed some pluses in the chosen line nevertheless I still do not like it. I will have a further look on it.
    • MP87
      MP87
      Bronze
      yes well done again TerrorBlade, I got great answers and explanations to my questions