Remember to wax your teeth before ye go out!

• CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello everybody!

I'm 21 years old man from Nastola, who has been playing poker for few years now. I actually started it on Junior high, where we played with friends on every break :) If I look to that right now I'd say I was a fish back then. I already have a poker blog on finnish forum but I decided to start to blog here, too, as they are not that active there and I don't get all the attention I'd want :D

Anyway, a little about me.. I'm originally from Nastola but had to move to Tampere to study in university. I love to play football(soccer) and floorball, but they are currently on break as I haven't been able to find a team here. But I will find one, eventually. I also love to blog on other stuff like society and sports, so blogging about poker is natural as it is one of my favorite hobbies!

Me as poker player now? I've been playing cash games and some tournaments since I was 18, but with low success. I lost about 100d in pokerstars when I didn't have proper BRM nor good understanding about poker. I understood only people, and especially them who were able to think. Couldn't find them on micros, so I went broke. After I found pokerstrategy my life started to improve. I studied hard and had a winrate of appr. 25bb/100 in NL2 and NL4. Then I met my biggest thread since the start and good BRM: Speed poker. Titan poker didn't have any NL5 tables and Nl10 tables were nitty or then full and full of people waiting to join the table. And I didn't want to pull of my money yet, I wanted to conquer that titan poker. So I started to play speed poker.

Biggest mistake in speed poker... That I started it in the first place. At start I had massive wins and I even increased my funds from 150 to 250 rather fast. But then something went wrong. Got a downswing and started to make irrational decisions on boards, started to make stupid moves. And I dropped, I had only 120 left when I decided that I had it and withdraw 90d there. I left 30, and started playing SNG's.

SNG's were success. I played and moved up to 80d, but then, again, things start to get rigged. I lost despite of good playing and stack was getting smaller all the time. But then I won 40d in a freeroll and soon after that got 30d, getting stack to 120. And I started to shot on NL10. With success, As I'm already playing NL20(but not with good BRM). I have good bonus on Titan poker going on now, but after I clear it, I most likely withdraw all my money from there and deposit it to eg. unibet, where's more players alive on NL10-20.

Currently I'm LAG/TAG, depends on table, and I play against my opponent and after that I think the strenght of my hand. That's why micros were hard for me in the beginning. Nowadays I take every advantage of my opponents' smallest leaks. In the meanwhile, I make session analyze and also join the conversation in the hand evaluations forum.

And what's my blog going to be like? I will post many of my hands here, tell my own thought about them and most of the time just brag about my achievements in poker :) Sometimes I'm going to cry when I always lose with the best hand, but that's life. And I really do hope that people will join my blog, read it and put even their own comments and thought, whether they were positive or neutral :D

Hope you read it all, I'll start with my first hand post immedately! Happy day(or night) for all of you and good grinds ;)

P.s The blog name is temporary, couldn't hit too good translation from my blog's Finnish name.

P.s.s Sometimes I spam you with updates about my own life, unfortunately.

P.s.s.s... Life time graph:

• 266 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      To show you what my blog is often like, I post an example. I usually put a hand here, tell my thoughts about it and then evaluate whether I played well or not.

AK against a fishy player. The opponent never wanted to give up their made hand, even if there were overcards. He also has many busted FD's and GSSD's in his range, and he would have raised 2pairs or straight on flop. I could have bet that river, but then he would know he doesn't have fold equity so I gave him room to make a big mistake with Busted FD or weak PP, which he never folds but bluffs river often

iPoker - $0.20 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $12.88
      BTN: $17.17
      SB: $7.56
      BB: $6.00
      Hero (UTG): $22.11

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has K:club: A:spade:

Hero raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) K:heart: 9:diamond: Q:heart:
      Hero bets $0.96, CO calls $0.96

Turn: ($3.42, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets $2.20, CO calls $2.20

River: ($7.82, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $9.12, Hero calls $9.12

CO shows T:heart: T:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 57%, Flop 28%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows K:club: A:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 43%, Flop 72%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins $24.76
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Got to brag and add my best fold here :D This was rigged..

But with those actions against 2 nits, what else can you expect? I can't put them on any other range than KK+, where I already have 2 blockers on kings, so most likely AA and AA/KK/(not AK?). WP, IMO :D

iPoker - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 6 players

BB: $0.98
      UTG: $0.00
      MP: $5.67
      CO: $1.77
      Hero (BTN): $4.99
      SB: $5.38

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:heart: K:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.15, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, SB raises to $1.05, fold, UTG raises to $2.85, fold, SB raises to $5.38, UTG calls $2.17

Flop: ($10.54, 2 players) 4:spade: J:spade: 7:spade:

Turn: ($10.54, 2 players) J:club:

River: ($10.54, 2 players) 8:club:

UTG shows K:spade: K:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Jacks) (Pre 1%, Flop 7%, Turn 5%)
      SB shows A:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 99%, Flop 93%, Turn 95%)
      SB wins $10.02

This evening I have to finish my group work report on 1921 Finnish society and that time's history studies. Exciting as parrots on 1st Century, but man's got to do what man's got to do.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Welcome to the other side too :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Thanks Kyyberi! I've been itching to join the darkside for a while and I finally did it yesterday :D
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Little update.. No games today, got a wild student evening yesterday and I'm still not recovered. I hate this feeling :D

Tomorrow I'll try to find all the stuff I lost and play poker after dat!
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      The dark side is PLO. This is just the other side. See? 4K posts!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Oh yeah, so I have just joined the English side? But I guess I won't be joining Dark side (PLO) for a while, that game is rigged :D

Today I started to play evening session, rest of the day I hunted for my stuff which I eventually found somewhere near Tampere.. Anyway, session started off horribly (maniac woke up wiht AA vs my TP, which is usually the case against maniacs). But then I battled and grinded with brutal Finnish aggression, and eventually hit a hand:

iPoker - $0.20 NL - Holdem - 6 players

UTG: $29.86
      Hero (MP): $20.24
      CO: $23.25
      BTN: $20.81
      SB: $27.65
      BB: $20.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has J:heart: T:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, SB raises to $2.00, BB calls $1.80, Hero calls $1.40

Flop: ($6.00, 3 players) 9:heart: Q:diamond: K:heart:
      SB bets $4.20, fold, Hero raises to $9.30, SB raises to $25.65, Hero calls $8.94

Turn: ($42.48, 2 players) 4:diamond:

River: ($42.48, 2 players) 8:club:

Hero shows J:heart: T:heart: (Straight, King High) (Pre 41%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
      SB shows K:diamond: A:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 59%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $40.36

Well.. What can you say? Loose opponent 3-bets and other loose/maniac/fishy player calls him off and I have position, so yeah, I call. And the flop is amazing. That minraise I made there had been bad move against a reg, who would have given up their TP there, but against maniac it just induced him to go All-in.. I though he'd have AA or set at least, but neeh, he had just trash. Love him <3
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      villain thought process: i have AK, i hit my pair, shipz it

seriously :P
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Seems like :D It's 3-bet pot, so I must have something way worse, right?
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Just a moment go I had this awkward moment of soberity (Not drunk today, kids) when I had an idea: start NL2 project on pokerstars, grind the zoom and become a king. I'd need to deposit 20d there and I would get a ticket to micro millions, too. Yaiks, it tempts me a lot but I think I'll wait for tomorrow, at least.

Why? Coz Jokerstars is rigged, I'm not sure whether to do this and it might decrease my winrate on NL20. I have to re-adjust to these games, play nitty and be ready to meet total stations (again). On the contrary, I could try to make it a project and generate some extra money for my noodles :D

What do you guys think? To start a project or not?
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Just a moment go I had this awkward moment of soberity (Not drunk today, kids) when I had an idea: start NL2 project on pokerstars, grind the zoom and become a king. I'd need to deposit 20d there and I would get a ticket to micro millions, too. Yaiks, it tempts me a lot but I think I'll wait for tomorrow, at least.

Why? Coz Jokerstars is rigged, I'm not sure whether to do this and it might decrease my winrate on NL20. I have to re-adjust to these games, play nitty and be ready to meet total stations (again). On the contrary, I could try to make it a project and generate some extra money for my noodles :D

What do you guys think? To start a project or not?
      first of all i would consider how you are feeling at nl20 and your results/hourly.

i'm not really sure how many positives there are to stepping back down the ladder to nl2 when you could keep working hard to improve at nl20.

just my 2 cents though, good luck with whatever you choose!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      +side: fun, experience

...and that's about it :D

it can be good to have a side project to blow off steam for when you are running sick awful though
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I thought this project to be a fun thing to spend time while playing NL20. I'm "stuck" in Titan poker with it, and I can rarely find more than 2-3 tables to play. So, when I'm lacking tables there, I could play NL2 zoom in the meanwhile. And grind there hard :D NL20 isn't a problem, as I keep making profit. Just wish to have more tables there..

After I clear that bonus on Titan poker I'll definitely change to some other poker site, like unibet :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      everyone has bad losing stretches every once in a while, unless your edge is like 10bb/100 or better :f_biggrin:

i know the feeling of thinking you are immune to losing when you realize you have quite an edge and a few months of running okay :P no one is
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Well yeah, I'm not immune but right now winrate on NL20 is 15,xx. Not that bad IMO :) ) And haven't run that good. But sure, I'll work on my game every day, I always do session reviews afterwards and think of practically every spot I had there.

NL2 would just be extra fun in addition. Could be a short project, could last forever. Dunno.

But I'm not immune (yet) ;D
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, don't know the sample, but unless it is super low that winrate most likely means that you are doing something right.
      from all your general activity i'd say that you definitely are doing something right :D

anyway, zoom is a fun(ny) game.
      i like it, i'm addicted, but there's no doubt that normal tables are by far better for your winrate :P

still i'll most likely be playing teh speed pokers for a long while, until i manage to make it at nl100 or something :f_biggrin:
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I think speed poker is rigged :D Once got nearly broke with it and then decided to move back to "real" poker.

Why? Because I love the psychological aspect of poker. The feeling when you can crawl under your opponent's skin and make them so unsure about their overpairs and good holdings.. To make them fold far better hand and to provoke them overplay their TP- type of hands.

My "latest" trick with good thinking opponents is min-raising. As on NL2-10 minraise=practically the nuts, so tags are quite often pressing fold-button way too fast. Of course I don't use minraise so often, but it's a good weapon to make them more unsure of themselves.

Today I'll try to play for few hours, hopefully I can do it and I'll even find some soft games!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      So far a break-even day. Just had horrible run, hit nothing on the board and had the worst positions ever.. Stations and maniacs on your left and right. Well, it will be profitable, if you tighten up your range. But what if you don't hit a thing? Cbets were spewwy there, had to play rather straight forward to get all the money back I lost in the beginning of the session.

I'll probably play again later today, hopefully will hit a bit better!

P.s. My run? Yes, Non SD were 30bb+, non SD were quite a lot on minus but eventually get to -31bb. Rather break even, yes.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Had some sort of a "one and done" Image on this particular table, and opponent was floating a lot, so decided to make a 1/2 bet and then C/jam turn. I was surprised when I saw my opponents hand.. Coz he was a NIT!

iPoker - $0.20 NL - Holdem - 6 players

UTG: $20.60
      MP: $53.77
      CO: $20.00
      BTN: $20.60
      Hero (SB): $19.80
      BB: $45.86

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.00, BB calls $1.80, BTN calls $1.40

Flop: ($6.00, 3 players) A:diamond: 5:spade: T:spade:
      Hero bets $3.00, fold, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($12.00, 2 players) A:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $7.60, Hero raises to $14.80, BTN calls $7.20

River: ($41.60, 2 players) K:spade:

BTN shows Q:spade: 9:spade: (Flush, King High) (Pre 38%, Flop 38%, Turn 16%)
      Hero shows A:club: K:heart: (Full House, Aces full of Kings) (Pre 62%, Flop 62%, Turn 84%)
      Hero wins $39.52

All end well after all.. was close to lose this, though :D

I guess that was for it for today's sessions. Don't have the "A-feeling" anymore, you know?

BB/100: 12.54
      Won: +1bin