Can't download/install bet365 client

• DannyJQ
      DannyJQ
      Bronze
      Hello,

I have big problem. I can't access the server where the poker client is and therefore I can't download it from the website or install it (I had a friend send me the installation file - still cant connect) The problem is in my system, because on the other computer in the apartment there are no problems. I'm using Windows XP and avast anti-virus.

I've tried almost everything - restart router, VPN, stop the anti-virus program, malware scan...nothing works. If nobody can help me I will just reinstall Windows I guess and hope it works then.
      I also tried to put the client on my computer with a flash driver and it just loads extremeley slow and I when it eventually loads I cant login into my account.

I will give 20$ to the person who can give me a solution, because I really want to play on bet365 without reinstalling Windows.
  • 3 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Maybe try Safe Mode?
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by DannyJQ
      Hello,

I have big problem. I can't access the server where the poker client is and therefore I can't download it from the website or install it (I had a friend send me the installation file - still cant connect) The problem is in my system, because on the other computer in the apartment there are no problems. I'm using Windows XP and avast anti-virus.

I've tried almost everything - restart router, VPN, stop the anti-virus program, malware scan...nothing works. If nobody can help me I will just reinstall Windows I guess and hope it works then.
      I also tried to put the client on my computer with a flash driver and it just loads extremeley slow and I when it eventually loads I cant login into my account.

I will give 20$ to the person who can give me a solution, because I really want to play on bet365 without reinstalling Windows.
      Hi DannyJQ

I have no idea if any of these will work, but they are all worth a try:

Turn off any firewalls you have running. This would include the Windows firewally, and any firewalls that may be part of other software such as your AV software
        Make sure you are logged to the computer as an administrator. If you're not sure, let us know and I'll post the steps so you can find out.
        Disable -- uninstall if necessary -- your anti-virus software. You can always re-install it later. I had to do this to fix a failed HM2 installation on XP
        Uninstall the bet365 client. Yes, I know that you are trying to install it, but it may be that it got partly installed, and is now screwing up attempts to re-install. I had to do this recently w/ William Hill client -- which another iPoker skin.
        This is unlikely, since one of your computers works, but ensure that you are legally allowed to access the server from your location The OTHER computer where it works may be the one that is malfunctioning.
        Make sure your DNS servers, and other TCP/IP settings are correct. If you suspect your DNS server, compare it to the computer that works. You can also try 8.8.8.8 (google's DNS server)
        This is rarely a problem on XP, but make sure that you have permissions on the folders that bet365 is trying to install into. Being an administrator SHOULD take care of this.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Let us know what works when you finally get connected.

Best of luck,
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Thanks guys!

Let us know if this works Danny please :)