Do you really want to study 45 mans ?

Bronze
      Hi Guys,

Not really sure how many people actually do want to study 45 mans sng's but I do. Have seen various thread on here but when I apply/post it invariable gets no response (highly possible people don't want to play with me :) )

I have put my name to a couple of groups that looked like they were studying but even trying to make contact with the OP came to nothing.

So I thought I would try again, and maybe Spam for a little while to see if I can get any interest. If after that no joy I will just have to rethink it, after all if people don't want it they don't want it.

About me, you can have a skip through my Blog to get the jist and can obviously SS and OPR me as 177272.

I am totally open to all but am thinking of something like:

Skype meets at a consistent but regular agreed time, sweat sessions via teamviwer, review HH, discussions on explanations of basic terms/principles. Perhaps setting study topics, general support

I am from the UK and work full time, so probably best that is taken into account before registering any interest.

I plan to be playing mainly on stars and would consider starting at the lowest buy in whist learning takes place.

Any way friend me for Skype details and we can chat.

Regards

Steve
  • 23 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Most existing mtt related skype groups in the english community aren't active any longer afaik. That might have led to the problems you encountered ;)

I hope you will be able to find other players with similar interests. In the meantime feel free to post your hands in the hand evaluation forums and your general questions/ideas in the strategy forum. I would be happy to answer them.

Regards,
      Asaban
      Bronze
      Thank you sir
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I remember sometime last year when YugiohPro made a video series about 45 mans everybody seemed to start playing them, don't know if that hype have died out a little, but it seem to be the case on the forums.

Hope you find an active group, I used to be in one, but don't think anyone is playing anymore.
      Bronze
      The good news is if i am the only one playing 45's on this site, i can get all the free advise as no has any secrets they wouldn't wish to share coz I am not in their game and I can rule the Woooorldddddd Mooarrhhhhhhhhh

I actually also think that I a little old fashioned in my thought process (Shock)and that most of the world has realised that 6 man are the way a head, i will catch up honestly.

Steve
    • Relative18
      Relative18
      Bronze
      Hello im curently playing 45 mans turbo , 1.5$ , and i know another person who is playing at 3.5$ . So if you are interesting we can talk on skype , i'm gona add you as a friend and send you my Skype id , if you are interesting.
    • adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Hey, i'd be interested in this. I haven't played much at all in the last 6 months but before that I was playing 45 man sngs, starting with the 0.25's and moving up to the $1 45 mans and then the $1.50 45 man turbos. I've now started playing the $0.50 turbo 45 mans while i start to try and learn more about the game
    • dutchboyYTB
      dutchboyYTB
      Basic
      hello See my post, I just started a 1.50$ 45mans SnG challenge :) .. I am looking for a skype group or buddy to discuss strategy, HH and stuff also :) ... So if u want send me your skype address and maybe we get something rolling in future?
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      Hey I'm also based in the UK and also work full time.

I'm currently playing 45mans on stars. I was beating these previously and used to play MTSNGs between the $3.5 and $15 level.

I haven't played them in about 18months however and am currently relearning the format.

I currently aim to play 200 more games, and then get some coaching with my old coach Daaaang16 (Nick Davies).

you can add my skype if ur interested in talking/studying.

skype: [I][COLOR=red][Edited By Lazza61 - please refer to our forum principles][/COLOR][/I]

I normally play 3-4 days per week, sometimes more esp at weekends.

Currently my main plan is leakbusting and reviewing my own play using SimpleNash and some logic/assumptions to adjust my ranges. I also have some content which I study which is pretty excellent imo.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey conall88,

I have edited your Skype address out. Please use the Community Tool to exchange Skypes.

Hope you understand

Laz
    • JanyWins
      JanyWins
      Platinum
      Hi!

I'm newbe but i'm working hard so i would like to join your study group.

http://i.imgur.com/mohLf8N.png

There's my sharscope. Did not win a lot but at least i'm winning :D
    • adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Is anything happening with this study group? i'm keen to take part
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      I have just started looking into 45 mans and tournament poker as a whole, is this all going on still?
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      I would like to join the group, i played 45 turbo,s last year and had decent success at the micro level.
    • hitenz
      hitenz
      Bronze
      1722, Steve?

Add me to friends, I'm also study 45man and looking for study group. We can work something out.
    • shanesmith
      shanesmith
      Global
      Hitenz - send me ya skype details in private message and i,ll add you to the 45 man study group - hope ste dont mind me hijacking this, he is in the group though.
    • hughezy
      hughezy
      Bronze
      Would love to join your study group....Playıng 180 mans on stars but would welcome a change....

Have sent you a friend request...

Warnıng: I am old and a technophobe....Dont know how to send you my skype address on communıty tool...

Look forward to hearıng from you

Tim Hughes
    • SuperChango
      SuperChango
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would like to join the study group if possible. :)
    • Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Gold
      Hi Steve
      I'm in UK as well
      NW England
      I play 45 SNG's with poor results and want to improve.

cheers
      Mark
      Bronze
      Ok guys, I have not been on here for a while because if you read my post above I felt there was little interest in 45 man sng's but it appears many are now coming out of he wood work, nice to see.

I am currently a member of another group and i know that we have issues with the group size, and are considering a maximum membership. Having said that this is not in concrete so I will chat to the group and post something here. In the meantime friend me if you haven't already.

Regards

Steve