~p0kerQT's stAArs SnG BLoG~

• p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      ~About me~
      Name: Sarah
      Plans for the future: Go back to college in January to study accountancy, woo I'll get paid for working with lovely numbers :D
      Pic: Yay for photoshop :)

Hi all, I decided to take all my money off fulltilt, I know why they call it full"tilt" now xD

I still think I have a lot to learn about poker, which is why I'm starting from the beginning. I'd rather withdraw my money off fulltilt before I lose it all, so I will always be a winning player (a player who's made some profit).

I have $48 on pokerstars which I'm goin to try rebuild a BR with. If I lose it all I will give up poker, for a long time I guess.

Going to start off with $1+.20 9 man sng's, playing 4 tables at once as a set. Stars is alot more fishy than fulltilt, so I think I may have an easier time on it.

For me to be profitable I need to win at least 1 sng in each set, n place 3rd or 2nd in another.
      OR place ITM in 3 to make a small profit, any higher placing is a bonus. So my main goal is to try make ITM 3/4 times.

If I get up to around $136 (40 buyins) I will start playing the $3.40 9 mans, n move down if I fall below $100.

I will try to play no more than 1 MTT a week, for fun n see if I can beat variance n win a nice amount. I'll play no higher than $1 mtt while I'm building my BR.

Targets:

Post hands after each session, any which I'm unsure of, lose a lot of chips on, or want to know how to max value.
      Read articles daily, whether its sng', psychology or NL, you can never know too much :D
      Try not to let myself tilt
      Build my BR with patience and discipline
      Update blog with my GREAT progress
  • 215 replies
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Good luck to you. Hope you moved up fast. I was in the 1$ Sng for a couple of time but now I moved up to 2$ since I won some changes in a tournament. We'll certainly meet at the table sooner or later.

Again GL grinding the limits!
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Yeah, good luck!
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      nice colorful blog!

I look forward to reading more about your progress as you climb the limits.

Good Skill to ya!
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Good luck on your Stars poker journey.

Hope all the good luck on the felt shines your way.

Regards,

The Bu11d0g
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Thx all for the Good Luck :)

So far I played 2 sets of 4 n did pretty well, I came ITM 6/8, lost 2 on the bubble. My finishes were 1 1st, 2 2nds n 3 3rds. On the 2nd set I played it was pretty hectic cos I was ITM in all 4 n had to rush myself, but I did ok still.

~~~~

Had another really good set :D came 1st twice n 2nd in one, the $1.20 sng's are pretty easy so far, lots of bad players n not as many suckouts on stars. I think I played enough poker for tonight, will carry on tomorrow, hopefully my progress will be as good.

BR upto $60.96
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Congrats on your start with the SNG's.

Hope you make a steady rise up the the limits. Just make sure you stick to the bankroll management and i'm sure you'll do fine. Also dont forgot to keep reading and watching as well as analysing your hands after you've played them and post any that you're not sure about.

Regards,

The Bu11d0g
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      lots of bad players n not as many suckouts on stars.

the bad beats are the same tho :)

Nice blog and good luck on stepping up the limits :)
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Yep, the bad beats are the same, but it seems to bother me less on $1 sng's. Theres still the crapcallers, n then some, so just gotta try to get my money all in when I'm dominating n hope it holds.

Had a breakeven day today.. well managed to lose 30c, but thats not too much.

Here's my stats on stars so far, I've tried to tighten my game up a bit. Comment/critisize if you think my stats aren't good.

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Goodluck pOkerQT.
      If your interested in playing MTT's as well.
      There should be no harm playing in anything up to $1 for a starting bankroll of $50.
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Goodluck pOkerQT.
      If your interested in playing MTT's as well.
      There should be no harm playing in anything up to $1 for a starting bankroll of $50.
      It's great to try one if you have 4h free. A win can boost your bankroll. And since you look like a good Sng player, the bubble will be easier to handle; they'll always make mistakes for you to take advantage of.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      weeeeee I just folded quads preflop!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00+$0.20 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t1270)
      SB (t1705)
      BB (t1610)
      UTG (t1190)
      UTG+1 (t1605)
      MP1 (t1410)
      Hero (MP2) (t1680)
      MP3 (t1870)
      CO (t1160)

Hero's M: 56.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7, 7
      UTG raises to t40, UTG+1 raises to t80, 2 folds, MP3 calls t80, 4 folds, UTG calls t40

Flop: (t270) Q, 7, 10 (3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 bets t120, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls t120

Turn: (t510) 6 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP3 bets t80, UTG+1 calls t80

River: (t670) 7 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, MP3 bets t220, 1 fold

Total pot: t670

I didn't really want to play them after 2 minraises (I'd probably call 1)

I don't think I'm playing too great today, I called an all in with TPGK to be beaten by 2 pair, n lost with AJ to A6. Maybe its just the players are bad, but I shouldn't be lowering myself to their level of play. Will update in a bit with how I get on today
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      You made the correct decision with the 77's as according to the SHC they are an easy fold to a raise. To be honest the first raiser only makes a min raise so you could really just count him as another limper IMO but there's a 4BB raise after that which you obviously fold to with that hand.

Also definately don't start lowering yourself to the donk's level. If you just concentrate on playing solid strategy according to the articles and SHC then you will beat the donk's in the long run.

Regards,

Bulldog
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      In my eyes is easy call for set value. First minireraiser after gets reraised calls in 95% cases in 5% cases he reraise back. And you get awesome odds. UTG have 1,2k chips UTG+1 1,6k as you so call and see what flop brings :D
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      At those limits, with so small blinds and bets, I tend to call with 77. I think 77 is a good hand if the preflop bets are cheap. You have the choice between folding if the flop is not in your favor and shoving if you hit the goods. Also at those limits you should scare for BIG bets not small ones. U'll see how people bet hard when they catch something; they are too emotional :P
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I would probably call 1 minraise, but after 2 minraises I'm not so sure my hand is good, I think I just got incredibly unlucky with the 2 7's showing up, its like a 1 in 4000 chance.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      I would probably call 1 minraise, but after 2 minraises I'm not so sure my hand is good, I think I just got incredibly unlucky with the 2 7's showing up, its like a 1 in 4000 chance.
      And your mp2 there are a lot of players to act behind you... Well played... And if folding preflop and hitting 4ok tilts you... Well you probably need to work on that :)
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      I'm not tilting :P It just sucks when these things do happen. I'm quite prone to tilt though so trying to improve on my mental state when playing, n not let silly things like this affect my ability to play.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      I'm quite prone to tilt though so trying to improve on my mental state when playing, n not let silly things like this affect my ability to play.
      Hi ya p0kerQT,

I'm not sure if you've seen this article but if may be of some help if you are prone to tilting at times.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/psychology/79/1/

Regards,

Bulldog
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      nice blog gl keep grinding