I need a new TV Series

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've just finished Game of Thrones 1-4 and I need something else to catch up on, something that has 3+ seasons prefered as I like to watch 3-4 at a time.

I'm looking for something that's tense and makes you want to watch another to see what happens etc.

Here is a list of the Series I have watched:
      Suits (So many people havn't heard of this - YOU MUST WATCH!)
      Game of Thrones
      Walking Dead
      Lost
      Heroes

These are the sort of things I'm after, nothing Like Supernatural, Bones, Angel & Stargate etc.

I've heard good things of Breaking Bad, 24 & Dexter but none of them drag me in.

So I leave my hope in you lot!
  • 60 replies
    • ColorFlusher
      ColorFlusher
      Bronze
      Breaking Bad was good after the first episode, which was confusing. So if you haven't watched further, give it a try. 24 and Dexter I didn't personally like. I absolutely hate the killing/blood part of the Dexter. I've also watched Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, which I like both (part of the time spent in the prison was boring, but luckily they got over it). Suits is good also.

At the moment I've been following two series from local tv: Orphan Black and Klondike. Orphan Black has a slow and slightly confusing start, but gets interesting soon. Klondike is mini-series so it might not be what you're looking for, but you could like the plot/atmosphere that is related to Game of Thrones in a sense, and actually has one of the same actors in a lead role (Richard Madden).

Out of the box suggestion: Person of Interest. At first the main plot seems pretty made-up, but it's not. Jim Caviezel in hes role as John Reese is great and the series have kind of unique action scenes, that I like the most. But the series are closer to supernatural style of plot progress (some episodes have individual stories) than the ones you've been watching. But could still be worth the try for 2-3 episodes out of 68 currently made.
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      I have exactly what you are looking for, The River.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Orange is the New Black
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      vikings

there is only 2 seasons so far but it has a similar feel to thrones. i enjoyed it.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      forgot to say... orange is the new black is bloody awful (sorry upay)
    • Paakjis
      Paakjis
      Bronze
      Breaking Bad, push your self to watch several episodes, then u will get addicted.

Worth to watch:

Sons of Anarchy

Mad Men

Boardwalk empire

In these days, there are sooo many great tv series it's really hard to pick one
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badgerer
      forgot to say... orange is the new black is bloody awful (sorry upay)
      GTFO

S1 was good, S2 was less good. Overall though, I'd still recommend :)
    • konans28
      konans28
      Bronze
      You definetely have to give Breaking Bad another shot, just finished it myself and its the definition of addictive! You should at least try to get past S1(which is not a lot, only 7 episodes) before you decide not to watch it!
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ThatGuyMatt

I'm looking for something that's tense and makes you want to watch another to see what happens etc.
      Hannibal is pretty good and definitely tense. Lead actors are brilliant too.

Also I usually hate animated stuff but my friend showed me a series called Death Note, first episode was kinda average while it set it up the premise, but second episode set up a pretty awesome tension that runs through the whole series.

Breaking Bad is watchable but I don't understand the massive hype, its definitely WAY overrated and I've quit some of the way through several times. (Seen some of s4)
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Well the wire springs to mind.

If you want some sci/fi, maybe more realistic than stargate you should try Battlestar Galactica, and of course Firefly if you don't mind 1 season and a movie.

I've watched all you did + these 3 (and a tonne more obv), and these 3 are far superior to what you've watched. And i think i can state that as a fact :D .

But Breaking Bad is also insanely well acted; after you get through the first half of season 1 it's really in my top 5 best shows, and i've watched hundreds (small addiction here i guess :D )

And i have to add, Supernatural from season 2 - 7 is also a great show, Stargate is the best show ever.

I don't get how you say you are after nothing like SN, bones angel and stargate when they are totally different from each other; isn't bones just a regular detective show? And the other 3 are pretty much as realistic as lost and the walking dead :D
    • rainbowD
      rainbowD
      Bronze
      Love Hate :D
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Spartacus

If you're into animated shows (I like watching shows catered to male teens)
      Starwars Clone Wars
      Avatar the Last Air Bender/Legend of Korra

Anime
      Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan)
      Fullmetal Alchemist
      Death Note
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      Originally posted by mbml
      Spartacus
      i agree, this program was very good. the finale is so satisfying and moving. a rare thing.
    • spreeboy
      spreeboy
      Bronze
      try White Collar

Premise:
      Neal Caffrey, a con artist, forger and thief, is captured after a three-year game of cat and mouse with the FBI. With only months left serving a four-year sentence, he escapes to look for Kate, his girlfriend. Peter Burke, the FBI agent who initially captured Caffrey, finds and returns him to prison. This time, Caffrey proposes a deal with the FBI, as part of a work-release program. After some hesitation, Burke agrees, and thus begins this unconventional arrangement where Caffrey helps Burke apprehend white collar criminals.
    • Raspa88
      Raspa88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by badgerer
      Originally posted by mbml
      Spartacus
      i agree, this program was very good. the finale is so satisfying and moving. a rare thing.
      I will use this advice :)

I like Lie To Me, but have only 3 seasons. Unless you consider the reading of body language like a supernatural power.

I forgot, if you didn't watch "House of Cards", you MUST watch it!!!
      Especially since you like "Suits", that is a beautiful film
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      THE WIRE!
      filmed in 4:3 but worth it just for Omar
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Workaholics is a really funny stoner/comedy show which I really can recommend. Also True Detective is a genious show, prolly one of the best crime shows I have seen!
    • Kauko13
      Kauko13
      Bronze
      True Detective - new series with some great actors. Just started watching and I hope it wont go bad.
    • smacc252525
      smacc252525
      Bronze
      hi :)
      1st time post on here so be nice haha
      U gotta watch in my opinion....... The Wire its a must see, with so many decent roles played very well, Omar's a coming best line in show, bunk playing a cop is great & rowles i think that how its spelled is also a good role & played to a tee- but the main character Macnulty has some great moments that u gotta see-- those are the good guys wait till u meet the street, i've left those out as i would only spoil it for U :D

True detective with 2 very good acting roles played v well it isin't very long but i guess with it being so good there gotta be another 1 in the pipe line.
      House of cards i heard is a must, just about to watch it meself :f_biggrin:
      I also liked 24, it flows v well, just wish the last series were as good as the 1st 3 :O
      a few older shows worth a watch are sopranos, NYPD blue never mentioned but is great series and if u want older & never seen it but was the bench mark for all cop shows was
      Hill Street Blues it was the 80s in new york, dam i just showed my age now haha.
      Breaking Bad is so so u either think its great or poor,depends alot on what u like.... Enjoy