30 days "Tryhard-Trial"

• bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Hello everyone and thank you for tuning in!

I am running this blog for exactly 30 days.
      Please check out the corresponding thread i created. The blog is pretty much going to build up on the content from the thread!
      Going Balls Deep, Chase Your Objectives

Introducing myself

-21y old
      -2y into poker
      -started with 20$ free, current BR is 150$
      -6-8 tabling the 1,50$ FR SNG on pokerstars
      -new to HM2 & HRC
      -my very first blogging experience, no native speaker (I'd be rly thankful if you guys are able to ignore my spelling/grammar, I'm trying as best as i can)
      -playing quite high lvl basketball, loving food
      -need 1 more year to finish my schooling as physiotherapist

I'm feeling really happy and proud about this intention and I'll give it all i got. So far, i can say that this project, which is still only a plan and needs to be transformed into practical exercise, sets up a gigantic shitload of energy and happiness inside me allrdy!

If i succeed, it'll be the best thing that i've done for at least the last couple of years!

I welcome everybody who wants to take part in this experience and hope that you'll enjoy the ride as much as I'll for sure.:f_thumbsup:

I'm rly glad for any comments/support/ideas/trashtalk that you, dear readers, are going to provide me during this time! Realy appreciating that!

OK. Enough for the beginning. I'll start my training now. I show up in the late evening again to upload my all time graph (having HM2 since some weeks only)

Going to work for some hours with ICM-trainer now and playing a 1,5h 8 table session afterwards. Going to upload how much hands I've done with what %, wish me luck ;)

Later dudes
  • 25 replies
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      My tournament winning graph. I'm having the trial version of HM2 since 07.08.14.
      So, I actually wonder why I'm still able to use it. It has passed the trial period by 1-2 days allrdy. If I have to buy it tomorrow then I'm totaly glad to invest the 99 bucks!

[IMG]https://imageshack.com/f/idrfsHXRp]

• bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze

Didn't manage to get the image bigger. Paint is fucking up. I'll try to find a solution tomorrow.
      Went through 211 Situations, 200 corret (95%).

Handrange was set from 0-100%, so it was really easy, but i think the right way to choose a soft beginning to start of day 1.

Tomorrow, I'll start to tighten up the range. I know that i need to adjust the ranges ingame so or so, bcs people arent pushing/calling anywhere near nashequilibrium. Especially on the bubble I need to be careful and make big adjustments. Anyway, I think that ICM-TRAINER is great to get started.

I safed 3 spots, where I'm totally confused by the ranges. They seem to be similar to other spots in the session (by set up: stacksize, bubblefactor, position etc), but with significant changes in range.
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      I'll post them either here or in the SNG forum.... not sure which way is best.

But that's for tomorrow then. Still didn't play my session for today. I'll begin with it now.
      8 tabling for 1,5-2 hours.

So, if there should be anyone secretly following/reading this:

More news from me tomorrow.
      Later
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Welcome to blogs bballcall :)

I'm not sure whether you should post those ranges in here or the forums either but I suspect that a hand judge would be more likely to take a look in the evaluation/discussion forums.

At your present level of buy-in maybe the small stakes HM2 would be enough for now at $59.99? You can always upgrade easily when you become a crusher at high stakes! just an idea of course.

Oh, I just thought of something else! Isn't all basketball high level? :D

And finally good luck with your final year studying Physiotherapy, that's a very practical and worthwhile skill set to have.

Very best regards and have fun - for a month at least)!

Mal.
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Yaaaay, the first comment! Ty for tuning in!

I agree, i guess it's best to put em in the discussion section.
      Your question regarding the bball-thing... Not sure ,if i got that one right.
      I meant high skilled, not refering to the height =P (I'm 1,88m)

Thx for your words, hopefully I see you some time again in here =)
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Back from school and into training

Objectives for today
      [ ]"push or fold" series
      [ ]-->short summary about the most important content
      [ ]200 icm-trainer hands (tighter handrange this time)
      [ ]2 hour playing session

Because I have to write a neurological test about hemiparesis tomorrow + basketball training, I'll see if i can manage to achieve that.

Greetz
    • nutural
      nutural
      Silver
      happy to see a bballer with a plan :s_cool:

will follow and hope to join you when I'm at your level.

On your plan I would only add taking notes on "regs" or "maniacs" and "nits" . I have seen that it has affected massively my push/fold game and postflop if any.

Hit'em High

• bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Yo natural!

rly appreciate you tuning in. Feel free, to discuss you own themes/question's in here and if i can I'll try to answer. I am going to start posting hands for discussion, when i'm starting the session review thing in some days.

If you haven't checked out Nas - Illmatic album defenetly go for it. For me the sickest hip hop album of all time, from a freaking 19y old guy at that point (if i remember right)

Also feel free, to add me with the community tool, we can have some discussion about music/poker =)
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Objectives for today were too much. Having slept only 4 hours the last 3 nights, I didn't manage to not fall asleep in the afternoon. Since all this blogging/thread thing is new to me, days were reallly exhausting.

However awake now and up to a night-session.

so far

[x] part 1 & 2 of the "push or fold" series

Going into icm-training now and session playing. Summary of part 1&2 afterwards.
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Most important points for me "Push or fold" part 1:

When we're having a positive edge against our 8 opponents on the table while our ROI is above 0% then we are having a +ev-scenario on the long-term. though, we need to consider the bankroll management in order to not go broke.

Playing the 1,50$ FR, my BRM is totally fine.

I'm having 100 buyins. Quite conservative BRM.
      Still need to make +200$ to climb up to the 3,50$ limits =)

Eventhough I know that chances of going broke are really slim, I'm still quite a bit upset when I finish my session with a -$ behind it. Need to work on my mindset a bit more there.

Part 2:
      I Need to take care about my betsizing. Sometimes I catch myself sizing bets to small, eventhough I actually want to stack off on my value hand. Note: make a plan for all 3 streets when u are at the flop!

Watch out for the effective stack size and pot size. We don't want to bet into a big pot with a too small effective stack size because then we are pot-committed too fast and need to make an odds-call eventhough we might think that we are beat by villains range. Instead just go all-in.

Though, I would disagree with that rule in same cases where we are holding a premium hand and don't want to create to much fold-equity but induce some action.
      I'll check the forum/create a thread about that issue.

[x] 200 icm-trainer hands (95%)
      [x] 2 hour session

All in all, still a successful day. Off to bed fast now.... need to get up in 3 hours again =/
      Later
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      If anyone has a tip how to make images bigger after print+paste into paint, pls let me know.
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Hi there,

as predicted the HM2 license expired. Going to get a fresh license right now, so I can start a session review tomorrow and post my first hands in the forum =)

Objectives for today:

[ ]200+ hands with icm trainer, focussing only on calling ranges
      [ ]Moshman's coaching at 21 o clock, see u there
      [ ]Part 3 "push or fold" series
      [ ]2 hour playing session
      [ ]make the new HM2 license run smooth as butter

Using the icm-trainer the last 3 days had some positive effect. Feeling way more comfortable with pushing. Today, I'm focussing on calling ranges only, because im still quite uncertain in many spots.

Results later.
      Greetz
    • 99PROBLEMSS
      99PROBLEMSS
      Bronze
      NAS is my all time favorite rapper.....the movie Belly is great,but Belly 2 sucked!!!
    • nutural
      nutural
      Silver
      Nas belongs to the classics

have a thing for Atmosphere, Immortal Technique and Looptroop

wide open range :f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool:
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze

That's how my screen is looking when i play my session. It's only 21,5" so the tables are really small. Eventhough, I'm still able to recognize the HUD, I think it's best to start stacking them. Bigger tables, bigger HUD... My eyes and concentration would appreciate that i guess =) .

[x]Collin's coaching - +EV like always, some funny chat discussions today, ty sir.
      [x]HM2 working again
      [x]2 hour session
      [/]icm-training, didn't manage to finish 200 hands, postponed
      [/]Part 3 "push or fold", postponed

According to the massive sleep-leak, I'll stop for today and recover a bit. Back tomorrow with full power. Looking forward to really mass-abuse the hand discussion forum tomorrow.

Off to bed, let's see if I dream a bit 'bout decision making. Might be +EV =)
      Later
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      @natural, I better don't start listing up my favourite mcs,producers,djs.... else I'll sit here for some more hours. BTW, well netted bounty in the coaching. Liked that mhm ;) $$
      Later
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Back with the blog on saturday. The few time I have for today I'll only spend into training.
      Objective for today: Don't drink to much at the party to start studying quite early in the morning - midday tomorrow.
    • bballcall
      bballcall
      Bronze
      Totally fucked up! My HM2 database probably got deleted/overwritten after a trouble-shooting i followed that appeared bcs HM2 couldn't connect to the SQL/database.

Support ticked + thread in the support-forum from HM2 are up. Hopefully they can fix the issue asap.

I'll do some running + workout now to get my head clear.

Afterwards, objectives are:

[ ]finish the "push or fold" series (3 parts to go)
      [ ]HRC-analyze from my session played earlier today
      [ ]upload at least 3 hands into the discussion-forum
      [ ]2h session

I want to change my table layout like this
      Table set-up, mix of tile+stack

Just saw now that i got an usefull answer allrdy. Will check it out later and change then!

Later
    • michel2311
      michel2311
      Bronze
      Gonna follow this one. I'm playing the 6mans STT. :)

Do you also use SNGwiz or only HRC?