[Study Group] Micro Mixed-Games

• bashhar
      bashhar
      Hello everyone,

I'm Bashhar from the french community and a micro cash-games and sit&go players. I've decided to take the "from 50$ to 50k'" challenge.

So why am I willing to open a study group in the english community ?

For two main reasons :

• The first, because i'm belgian. ( I saw you smile ... :D ) and i play with the rest of the world instead of most of the french community who plays on the french regulated maket ( .fr )
      • The second, is to achieve the challenge playing in mixed-games witch cannot being play for real money on the .fr

I've decided to learn every game almost from zero except NL Holdem and the more, the merrier.

So if, like me, you're willing to grasp the fun of every poker games.

Pls join or leave me a private message.

Members :

• basshar : IsGoodAt : NL Microstakes -- Play : Holdem FL WillingToImprove : Every Other variant
      • Zanardi1: IsGoodAt : NL Microstakes -- Play : NL Microstakes -- WillingToImprove : Holdem FL and NL
      • VorpalF2F : IsGoodAt : -- Play : -- WillingToImprove : Stud* / Omaha*
      • adasko99 : IsGoodAt : -- Play : -- WillingToImprove :
      • semmel81 : IsGoodAt : Stud8 / 7-2TD / Omaha* / Badugi -- Play : -- WillingToImprove : Holdem / Stud Hi
      • bobthebuilder00 : IsGoodAt : PLO -- Play : Stud -- WillingToImprove :
      • elpsycho : IsGoodAt : NL -- Play : 7-2TD / Omaha8 -- WillingToImprove : Every Other variant
      • Nugget1234 : IsGoodAt : 7-2 -- Play : NL - 7-2TD -- WillingToImprove : Stud Hi, Razz, NLH
  • 22 replies
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      Bonjour :)

Do you play FR or 6-max? I am also thinking of creating a group or joining an existing one. Who knows? Maybe we'll make an all-mods study group :D
    • bashhar
      bashhar
      Hi Zanardi1 !

That point didn't cross my mind. I'm open to any suggestion :s_biggrin: .
      In fact, i'm playing NL/FL SH but it wouldn't hurt me to play FR again.

To be totaly honest, what i really care about is to find people to work with. People ready to spend some time to learn and to improve their games
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      I like mixed games too, but I have trouble with the Stud and Omaha parts.

Count me in...

Thanks,
      VS
    • bashhar
      bashhar
      Great :s_drink: :s_drink:

Zanardi, Vorpal,

Just to break the ice.

- Can you tell me which game you play on a regular basis ?
      - Which one do you still need to learn ?
      - Which one do you still need to improve ?
      - Do you play mixed-games online ?

I do play NL SH on regular basis and i've started to play in FL seriously this week ( i've played roughly 30 kh FL over the last two year ... in fish mode ... but yet still winning ).

I known how to play and i have a basic strategy for every variant but i don't even consider myself as a decent player in those variant. I've played a thousand hand Stud - Stud Hi/lo - Omaha - Omaha Hi/lo online.

If you use a tracker, you probably know that most tracker only support Holdem and Omaha. I've found an open-source tracker ( maybe you already know it ) that support Holdem/Omaha/Stud and Draw games. Free Poker DB If've tried it and it works like a charms.

So if you have question or remarks, just let me know
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bashhar
      Great :s_drink: :s_drink:

Zanardi, Vorpal,

Just to break the ice.

- Can you tell me which game you play on a regular basis ?
      - Which one do you still need to learn ?
      - Which one do you still need to improve ?
      - Do you play mixed-games online ?
      I play NLHE, FR since 2009. I crush NL2 and NL4/NL5 over (pretty) large samples, even if I run very bad under EV, like the NL4/NL5 case. However, I am a slight loser at NL10 and a quite bigger one at NL16 (I was on a heater at NL10 and I was once bankrolled for NL16). Although I have a huge amount of poker information available, through books and the material here, I still cannot win. Even more, I cannot efficiently spot my own mistakes, I cannot efficiently learn, etc. (faith's irony: I am a Uni teacher :f_cool: ). I tried my best to study alone, but it's obvious to me that I cannot be on my own anymore.

I am thinking of switching later either to SH or to FL, but at first I'd rather learn what I am doing now at reach at least NL50 or NL100 until I will seriously consider switching to another form of game.

Right now I play on 888 because it's a softer and a very OK site. My first and second love, however, are Full Tilt and, respectively PokerStars. (I do a very good job on the lower limits there too. It's at NL10 where the trouble begins).

I use HEM small stakes but I also have a PT4 license, which I don't use right now.
    • bashhar
      bashhar
      NL10 is also a step i can't get by. I'm doing pretty well for thousand hand and all of a sudden Miss variance come over
      It always end with me spewing buyin after buyin into stupids spots before gettin back to NL5. I know it's a leak i have to work on ...

If you have some problematic hands, you could share it here, so we can begin to discuss about it. Yes it's NL Holdem but we have to begin with something.

I saw somewhere that hand analysis have been stopped. Can we still have access to the previous analysis ? Maybe i'll try to use it as learning materiel, if it's still possible.
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      Hi guys :f_drink:
      I like this idea :f_cool:
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bashhar
      If you have some problematic hands, you could share it here, so we can begin to discuss about it. Yes it's NL Holdem but we have to begin with something.
      I think the problem with me consists not in posting a few isolated hands, but that I am doing small and consistent mistakes :(
    • adasko99
      adasko99
      Silver
      so guys :) i think we should assign "captains" or "experts" for each game :f_biggrin:

to do that, we should find out who's the biggest winner or at least the smallest looser in each game - they could be the "experts" of those games and the rest could fire questions about that particular game at them :f_biggrin:

any opinions? :f_cool:
    • semmel81
      semmel81
      Bronze
      Think I wanna try your group.

I´m good at Stud8, 2-7, Omaha-Variantions and Badugi.

I´m bad at Holdem, but the main leak in Horse/8/10/25GameMTTs is probably Stud Hi.
    • bobthebuilder00
      bobthebuilder00
      Bronze
      Hi
      Count me in.

I play PLO .25/50 on Euro sites and doing good IMO.

I am trying to learn draw games and suck at them, sometimes spew a few buyins in stud games.

So looking forward to this,

Cheers!
    • bashhar
      bashhar
      Hi Semmel, Hi bobthebuilder00, Hi adasko99

Thanks for joining. Please add me, i'll give you my skype nickname to join our group.

Adasko99 : I like the idea of finding the right ressources. For myself, i wouln't call myself an expert at any game.
      What do you thing about making summaries in the first post of every members forces and weakness ?

Where does everyone play ?
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      I added you as a friend. I play on 888 now.
    • elpsycho
      elpsycho
      Diamond
      Hi, this group seems like a great idea!

I am mainly NL Holdem player, but I have a passion for pretty much every mixed game format. I don't play a lot of them but I want to increase the volume as I become better. I sometimes play 8-game, 2-7TD or Omaha8.

I would really like to join your group and discuss some hands and theory. :f_thumbsup:
    • bashhar
      bashhar
      Thanks for joining

I've updated the first post. Tell me if there are errors or update i can make.

Semmel : i can try to teach you Holdem if you want
    • Zanardi1
      Zanardi1
      Bronze
      Zanardi1: IsGoodAt : NL Microstakes -- Play : -- WillingToImprove : Holdem FL
      Actually is: IsGoodAt : NL Microstakes -- Play : NL Microstakes -- WillingToImprove : Holdem FL and NL :)
    • bashhar
      bashhar
      Update done.

What is your ressources for learning each variant ?
    • Nugget1234
      Nugget1234
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I mainly play 5NL on IPoker but I also play micro 2-7 Triple Draw on PokerStars. I consider myself to be fairly good at 2-7 and I think this group would be a great place to talk about this game. I also plan to play 8-game in the future, so I started to study some Stud Hi, Razz and LHE strategy and am looking to improve in these games. Lastly, I'm looking to talk strategy about NLHE too as I have a lot of room to improve.
    • bashhar
      bashhar
      Hi Nugget1234,

:s_drink: :s_drink: First of all, Welcome ! :s_drink: :s_drink: :s_drink:

We're planning to do some 2-7TD ( maybe some SD too ? ) monday on skype. You're more than welcome :s_thumbsup: