The "AnnaKurnikowa" Video- and Coachhingfeedback

• 28 replies
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      AK - your video was great, because it helped me to understand the huge difference there is between NL50 and NL100 players and playing style.
      I already asked but will ask again - why 3bb? I already tried that - helps a lot.
      I lost 10 bi today and i understood that 16-tabling won't work here anymore. At least for some time. Tried playing 9 tables - winrate got better and i won 5 BIs back. It's just because of the advanced play and hands added to starting hand range. Hard to follow 16 tables like that.
      But i still can't calculate what's better - 16-tabling for ~ 4 hours a day gives us a pretty decent rakeback ~ 50$. 9-tabling will give us less rakeback, but the winrate gets better ( at least for me ofc). 16-tabling also gives us more FTPs. :)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      His coachings are 10x as good as gervs

-Jack
    • ShogunNinja
      ShogunNinja
      Bronze
      I hope we ll have the chance to see another coaching from "AnnaK"

Great job!! :f_cool:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      His coachings are 10x as good as gervs eating style

-Jack
      :) Thanks Anna for substituting me, why didnt you text me :(
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      AK your videos were great BECAUSE your voice is just that godamn awesome :D :D :D
    • Kokaroc
      Kokaroc
      Bronze
      I watched your bronze and silver videos from the series Don't touch my stats so far and I liked them a lot, as I play at Cake poker, where tracking program is not allowed.
      I used to play 10 tables at NL25 but I found out that was a leak and I didn't play some hands optimally.
      Now I only play 4-6 tables at NL50 and the change is significant as well as my improvement :)
      Your other videos were good too, but don't touch my stats were great, so thumbs up and keep up the good work :)
      Kokaroc
    • Xpload1989
      Xpload1989
      Bronze
      Hey AnnaKurnikowa,

I'm a big fan of your video series, BECAUSE:

- Many people who play SSS can learn a lot from them
      - They always have a catchy series title
      - You also make videos with a lot of enthousiasm and a great voice
      - Your videos are very structured

I hope you will continue your streak of awesome videos for SSS players in 2010!

Greetings from a Dutch moderator,
      Xpload1989
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      AK, your "don't touch my stats"-videos are NUTS. Helped me improve my game alot, and was the start of my sick upswing over the last 6k hands. Thanks alot!
    • AnnaKurnikowa
      AnnaKurnikowa
      Bronze
      hey guys,

thanks for your feedback :D I'll try my best to publish several new videos in 2010 ;) If SSS will still be a working strategy (according to FTP :f_mad: :f_mad: :f_mad: etc.) there will be several videos and coachings :) some new concepts - I have a bunch of ideas - and if you'd like to have a video (series) to a special topic, just ask me and I'll discuss it with our boss :]

best regards and a happy upcoming new year ;)
    • AnnaKurnikowa
      AnnaKurnikowa
      Bronze
      Hey Ya guys,

friday in a week (Jan, 22nd) is a great day 'cause I'm gonna do the the SSS coaching for the Silver Members there from 7PM - 8:30PM CET+1 ;D. Due to the fact I do not have a PokerStars account we gonna play it on PartyPoker or iPoker network. We play NL25 and NL50 (mixed).

But I want to give you the opportunity to play on PokerStars because if someone wants to be Public Private Coached, he may apply for that in this thread. Teamviewer with good connection + mic is mandatory!

If noone applies we gonna do a "normal" coaching.

If you want to you may prepare some questions.

Looking forward to see ya!

AK
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      AK your videos were great BECAUSE your voice is just that godamn awesome :D :D :D
      This. It seriously makes me want to buy whatever you are selling :D
    • AnnaKurnikowa
      AnnaKurnikowa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      This. It seriously makes me want to buy whatever you are selling :D
      May I treat this as your application? :D
    • lincristian
      lincristian
      Bronze
      AK - your Dont touch my stats video was great, BECAUSE : now we sss are not poker robot any more like others says .
    • 013paul
      013paul
      Bronze
      Hi AK, I have a question about this gold video: AK Video SSS Gold

My question is about the A5s hand after 36:25. You raise over a "SS" limper who was VPIP 20 and PFR 5. Do you think you are in front against his limping range there? I think you are slightly behind against his range and you also have two opponents yet to act.

Is it still profitable to make this move when your preflop equity is about 45% against his limping range? Of course you have some fold equity but I doubt if this really is a profitable move.
    • AnnaKurnikowa
      AnnaKurnikowa
      Bronze
      Hey 013paul,

at first you have to consider his limpingrange. Let's say, the stats are exact and so he plays for about 20% of his hands.

20% is: 22+, A2s+, K9s+, QJs, A7o+, KTo+

But he raises 5%, so he actually just limps 15%

5%: 99+, AQ+

15% (his limping range): 22 - 88, A2s - AJs, A7o - AJo, K9s - KQs, KTo - KQo, QJs

Against this limpingrange we have sth. like 46% Equity.

Now we have to ask ourselves, if he will call us with the total range? Definately not, so we have additional foldequity. I suppose his callingrange to look like:

55 - 88, A8s - AJs, ATo - AJo, KJs+, KQo - this is sth. like 6,5%

Against his callingrange we have an equity of 41%, BUT!!!

6,5 / 15 = 43%
      7,5 / 15 = 57%

Our Foldequity is 57% in this spot!

Lets say our foldequity goes down due to the fact those tight guys behind me step in sometimes, so our Folfdequity is sth. like 54%. Let's make an equity Analysis:

EV = EV(Win) - EV(Loss)

EV(Win) = 0,54% * 2,5BB (dead money) + 0,41 * 22,5BB -1,5BB (Rake) = 9,575BB

EV(Loss) = 0,43 * 20BB (our stack) = 8,6BB

EV = 9,575 - 8,6 = +0,975 BB

But this is the worst case, because it is just for the situation you go all in against him preflop and this is definately NOT the case, because with that hand you will make your cbet and fold afterwards if you didn't hit the flop, but as you see, this spot would even be profitable to go all in against his callingrange preflop, even though it's just slightly profitable. The real plan is far more profitable because it doesn't consider going all in (except flushdraw + top pair or 2pair or whatever) and thus it's even more profitable than this situation here. You additionaly have to consider the fact that he doesn't call with all of his hands, he shoves some preflop and then we can easy muck A5s and don't get tempted to play anything because of the danger of domination. You have to consider that he folds a lot on cbets and you have to consider a lot of other facts, but this should be some kind of a quick analysis. A bit abstract, but it shows the profitability even though it's not 100% correct :)

Don't underestimate the Foldequity :f_cool:

Greetings
      AK
    • lincristian
      lincristian
      Bronze
      hi ak i have see all video that you make , like it very much you have a very good voice

now i am playing nl25 on party poker , always got many badbet by thoes MANIAC players with vpip 46+ pfr 12+ wtsd 33+ af 3+, specially when there are 2+ maniac seat at one table , even i have AA got many badbet very often .
      so please help make a video about how to against maniac player

thanks you
      cristian
    • AnnaKurnikowa
      AnnaKurnikowa
      Bronze
      Hey lincristian,

thanks for your feedback. Unluckily I can't decide on my own when and about which topic I will record a video. You can contact Clemens (e.g. via community-module) and ask him about that, he is my boss :P The Video-Coordinator

best regards,
      AK
    • lincristian
      lincristian
      Bronze
      thaks
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      AK - your video was GREAT, because it made me laugh :) . Your voice is just so cute... It sounds slightly stoned, but no offence ;) . When are you going to make some SNG videos?