lets raise it up

• TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      hey out there.

decided to make a small blog of my own again, coz the monkeyblog appears to be all abt cars lately and since i am pretty much a real life fish, i can handle it anymore :D ..

so ok, for some random new wanderers who dont know me yet. I have 23y, dropped uni for poker, play nowadays NL400-2k mainly SH&FR, i plan on starting with 5k deffo within few weeks, just need to get comfy at stakes a bunch more.

I do realize i am a lot psychotic in my life which hinders me a lot in my poker progress too, tho my evolution from microstakes to NL1k esentially was smooth, i dont find any motivation to play a lot nowadays and am more or less happy with ~20k/month winnings+some rb. To a certain extent i am lazy, but to a much bigger extent i think i am not rly unified within me. Well..the dichotomy betw poker and real life in pracitise is just huuge in my case. I have earned quite some money already over last year or so, tho have not rly anyone to spend it with, nor do i have too concrete of plans what to do in life in general.

After dropping uni in november coz i didnt feel its neither effective nor possible to combine good academical results with poker pro carreer i feel sorta empty again. My initial goal was to play poker for ~2y to have earned all i need for the rest of the life and then carry on in normal life .. uni, family, travelling.. etc.. however this in essense requires rly a ton of sacrifices to be made now and i dont rly have energy to suffer so much anymore.

I dont feel like i have a strong will to live in any particular style. I experienced periods in my life in which i was kinda nerdy, just studying all the time, then i ve been a real active sportsman for a time, later i tried to play chess professionaly, had some romantic relationship which fell apart, ve been in monkeystyle drunken mode too and now i am a poker plr. Usually when i do sth i need to do it with 100% focus coz thats how i feel i get "value" in life.. by being good at w/e i take on.

Now i am getting pretty much to a point in my poker career when i dont see any more options than to go all by myself. There are no plrs anymore who would play at high stakes who at least i know off who would be eager to analyse hands. And overall, most ppl just play poker for immediate money and are happy with beating midstakes or sth.

I dont like that attitude and am sure its not the most +ev, coz there are a LOT of weak plrs on NL2k+ still.

Lately i started going to gym regularly to get myself into the best possible shape for what i consider my work: being alert with a lot of stamina over the tables @ nights. But i have to face the inevitable if i want to rly succeed: SOLITUDE

Yesterday i realized how incapable i rly am of having any sort of relationship with any normal girl which kinda sucks, but lets hope i can somehow work my way through all this.

Yea, so this is what the blog is going to be abt: my wading through the jungle of esp real life obstacles /pokerwise it appears to be much easier for me/ in order to be a great highstakes plr asap.
  • 62 replies
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      ok so since i suck at playing any poker this month.. only 11k hands this month afair or so i ll have a sleep now and 2moro starting with working with base and playing some.

Goal for january:

-40k+ hands, 20k+ profit in pure winnings
      -work on HU and play 1 day solely HU also vs regs to get the feeling for competent opponents /basically i only play HU vs either fish or vs some regs from SH/FR i feel i have a substantial edge on/
      -work on MTT play /the plan is to start playing major tourneys from Feb, i rly suck a lot in tourneys but i feel the play is just so awfully weak i have to start rly soon and hope to cash in big asap/

i ll keep an irregular update.
    • rex99
      rex99
      Bronze
      1st post

1st page

Whish you luck, my english sucks to write more...

:s_cool:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Liked the intro, seemed very honest so +1 reader i guess.
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      U r sick bastard!
      I mean it in the best way possible...
      never seen any1 like you with anything close to your stories.. Really.. bow..
      .. just wanted to write GL with everything, but.. its just senceless..
      U dont need luck to beat the crap out of every nl5k reg.. Im sure of that

So.. enjoy your life:P
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Theres no doubt you are a great motivation for lot of ps.com players to keep trying .. =)

Im one of them..

Ill watch this blog with great interest. Show us that impossible is nothing :P

Good luck ;)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by TheLastNail
      -work on MTT play /the plan is to start playing major tourneys from Feb, i rly suck a lot in tourneys but i feel the play is just so awfully weak i have to start rly soon and hope to cash in big asap/
      you should split this goal into few minor ones, while the 1st one have to be:
      1. survive longer than all sitouters in 25% of MTTs at least :D

// sorry for being asshole but i know something about your MTT history ;)

Good luck and keep this blog alive for a long time!
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Always interesting to read your thoughts, post often please :f_thumbsup:
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      u know, we disagree in so many aspects (basically in all :f_biggrin: ) in real life as well as in poker. i dont want to define my position, cuz it would take too long and its your blog, i dont want to soil it :f_biggrin:

imo you are underestimating so many issues/aspects .... there are already many things where i could quote u and say "i told u sir" :f_biggrin:

i guess we can discuss that philosophical stuff in munich with some vodka :f_grin:

for now, gl with everything, kill the tables and enjoy life sir!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Good luck Jozef :) ! Anytime you think you need some time off, you know where to find us. Holland is also close and fishy (Eating Fish and extracting money from Fish :f_grin: )

See you in Munich!
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Good luck! I couldn't think of something more appropriate, but I do think there is something. Very interesting start to your blog, and I'll be following with interest :f_grin:
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I wish you look at the tables and hope one day to play along side you. I'll be following your blog closely. =)
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Reserved
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      ahoj jozef,

interesting "new beginning". even thought i greatly admin ur poker skillz i will be harsh and point out ur recent failure (50k month). i am not trying to offend you but to give you some constructive feedback. we are not the people who should tell you what to do but once you have decided that you want to play poker do it on 100% and dont let ur laziness overcome. after all being serious when necessary is what distinguish teenagers and grown up people.

thats all for now from me and hope you dont take this the wrong way. gl at the tables and we can continue the topic about rl next month in munich under tha influence or some flamable liquids :f_p:
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Wassap TLN :D

Just wonder.. Do you have something like lifetime graph? Im sure crowd would love it :)

Also few weeks ago iv read somewhere there might be some partying in Prague. Do you know something about that?=) I would be honoured to join some sick monkey party in Prague =)

Good luck sir =)
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Gl with your goals man

I'll keep an eye on your blog
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      Just wonder.. Do you have something like lifetime graph? Im sure crowd would love it :)
      I'm sure he has one & I'm sure he's not going to post it ;)

it's understandable imo
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      Originally posted by JuiceQuadre
      I'm sure he has one & I'm sure he's not going to post it ;)

it's understandable imo
      Of course if he doesnt feel like posting it, i understand =)
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      weee.. thx everyone for the support, rly appreciate the blog starting in a brisk pace.

gotta go soon to gym before its 3PM and ppl from work start coming

@TT: well.. yea, i envy your life but i am too different i guess, i cant do business, i cannot rly party that much and in general i just cant enjoy all the small things prolly. Its how my brain works prolly ?( or i am not sure, but i rly am a man of extrems and i have to make the best of where my strong sides lie.
      i ofc respect your philosophies i am sure for u its the most reasonable, u re a true enterprenuear (bow)

@JQ: party in Prague must be! i have so many former schoolmates there also which i d like to visit i deffo must come, prolly with some poker crew, but maybe even alone. so i ll deffo keep u updated in proper time.

@lifetime graph thing: Opal is right i am not going to post, but he is not right abt me having one :D .. i tidy up everything in my comp pretty much every 2-3months where i throw out all of former base /i dont think i need data older than 3months at all/ so the only thing i have is a rough estimate. I only had positive months all my career and till i was moving up the numbers kept growing all time however for some period i am not rly going anywhere, just improving my game, increasing hourly, but play a lot less actually. Afair i still never had more than 3 succesive losing days so i guess the lifetime graph would look boring anyway and just steadily upwards with no real amplitudes.

@silent: wow! that post made me get up from bed today. after all being serious when necessary is what distinguish teenagers and grown up people. - love that sentence. its deffo what i should take a lesson from. i rly am childish so much :f_frown:

overall gameplan: i decided to distribute my focus among more things rly and push myself to it. coz i never managed to, but i rly must to "grow up". I used to be very good at math 1 time and we did camps for mathgifted children. I am strongly thinking of coming back to organizing such things. this also includes judging many solutions per weekends that are sent via normal post to the given problems. /yea sometimes 200+ papers, which takes a lot of time. I need to feel i am doing sth for the society and not just living selfish. Then my poker enthusiasm will grow much more i guess.

I also rly want to take better care of my family, coz i am pretty much an ignorant ass for the last couple of years.

Due to Opals real life coaching in Brno, i am also going to take on a massaging course soon ;) I am keeping my flat in Bratislava and will try to live more imdependently from now on.

i am sorry if left sth behind, will reevaluate later :) now biceps+breast+shoulders wheaaaa i think after this my arms will remain in 90' angle for some time :D
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      yea, and 1 more news: from today i am sort of a more official handjudge for NL100-NL1k+.. Bierbaer remains to be "the chief" for up to NL200, so i need more hands for NL400+ which i should take care of, so if anyone has any, pls post, i ll like to comment on it.

/yea the plan behind judgin is also not to feel this freakingly selfish in life/