PokerStars EPT Vienna Live Ticker

• 222 replies
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Kick off at the PokerStars.com EPT Vienna:

There are two events on today's schedule, it is more like a warm up. Event #1 is a NL Rebuy Super Satellite to the Main Event with a Buy-In of €200 + €20 and Event #2 is a €300 + €30 NL Turbo Tournament.

273 players started at the Event #1, taking 271 rebuys and 241 addons and generated a prize pool of €152.290. Blinds are at 600-1200 / 100 and currently there are 78 players remaining, 28 of them will win a ticket to the Main Event, which is going to start tomorrow with Day1A, including some of our Team PokerStrategy.com Members. The average chip stack is 27.360.

74 players bought into the Event #2 with a prize pool of €21.534. At the moment there are 12 players left with blinds at 1000 - 2000 / 200 and an average chip stack of 30.833. The winner will get €7.860, 2nd will get €4.730, 3rd €2.800.

I will upload some pictures of the location later, currently there are some technical problems at the media area. And please excuse any possible mistakes in my postings, I am native German. If you are interested in any special information, just let me know.
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      The eight remaining players in the €300 Turbo Event are ITM. A shortstack with 3BB busted with ATo against an early push of KK. The Flop was JJT with two Spades, giving the shortstack some more outs with a backdoor flushdraw. The Turn was 2 :spade: but the river was a blank and the shorty out of the tournament.

There are 36 players remaining at the Super Satellite Event #1, seven more players to go. Position #29 wont get a ticket to the Main Event but €3.890 in cash.
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      The €300 Turbo Event is finished, there was a fiveway deal at the final table and Franz Schwab (AT), the chipleader at this point, has won the first tournament of the PokerStars.com EPT Vienna.

About an hour later, the Super Satellite was on the bubble and dealed hand-by-hand, which took only five to six more hands to be over and to determine the 28 winners of a Main Event ticket and one winner of €3.890.
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Here are some photos of the location and yesterdays tournaments:

The main hall

Another room, generally for the side events
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Today there will be three Events:

The Focus will be on Event #3, the Main Event Day 1A (Buy-In €5.000 + €300), with our Team PokerStrategy.com Players Nazgul and BongBob. Our community members Abnoe, fabstinho, radience and TwiceT are also playing the Main Event on Day 1A.

Later on there is going to be Event #4, another Super Satellite to the Main Event with a Buy-In of €550 + €50 and Event #5, a €300 + €100 NL Bounty Tournament with €30 Bounty.
    • Timo
      Timo
      Bronze
      Fingers crossed - ship it, guys :s_grin:
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Nazgul got a quite difficult table at the moment with Full Tilt Pro Niki 'KaiBuxxe' Jedlicka on his right side and some other good online tournament players at the table.

Team PokerStrategy.com Member Nazgul

Team PokerStrategy.com Member BongBob
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Can you look up TwiceT :D ?
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      So far there are 235 registered Players for the Main Event Day 1A, each one started with 30.000 chips and blinds 50 - 100, levels at 60 minutes.

Current Chipcounts:
      Nazgul about 25.000
      BonbBob about 30.000

Nazgul played an unfortunate hand right before. He raised three hands in a row (T7s, AKo and 96s) in middle position. He won the first hand after a second continuation bet on a ragged board against a Button caller. The second hand was checked down on a scary connected 68Jxx board and he won with a better A high.

On the third hand he raises again with 96s, the Button calls and both players see the flop 9 :spade: J :club: 9 :club: Nazgul bets with his trips and the Button calls again. On a blank turn of 5 :heart: , Nazgul bets 1050 and gets raised to 3050 by the other player. Nazgul makes the call and the river comes 3 :club: and Nazgul check/calls the 4300 bet of the Button, who shows 6 :club: 4 :club: for a raised flushdraw on the turn and a made flush on the river and collects a decent pot.
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Can you look up TwiceT :D ?
      found him :) I'll at some photos soon. First I'll do an update, the tournament is currently on break and will resume in a few minutes.
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Current Chipcounts after the break (blinds 100 - 200):

Team PokerStrategy.com

BongBob: 37.000
      Nazgul: 34.000

PokerStrategy.com Community Members:

Abnoe: 32.000
      fabstinho: t.b.a.
      radience: 43.000
      TwiceT: 24.000

BongBob won a nice multiway pot on a AA27x board with his A7s Fullhouse after he got check/raised on the flop.

Nazgul is back to 34.000 with some nice plays.

radience played a hand with KJ on a Jxx board and got check/raised on the turn. At the end of the hand he lost against his opponents QQ overpair and lost a little of his chips there. He said this hand was pretty weird.
    • Benjike316
      Benjike316
      Bronze
      Good luck guys!
    • Nadia
      Nadia
      Bronze
      Best of luck to all Team PokerStrategy.com members and the other pokerstrategists in Vienna! :s_cool:
    • Fredrik
      Fredrik
      Bronze
      Hey,

can we have some coverage of our Swedish superstar, HenrikX (realname Niklas Toorell)? Would be greatly appreciated ;)

I think he starts 1b, not sure though.

Good luck to all PokerStrategists!

Regards,
      Fredrik
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Here are some photos of the Venue, the Kursalon Vienna and some Shots of pokerstrategists, playing the Main Event Day 1A.

The main hall of the Kursalon

The same - alot of free space between the tables

The outside of the Kursalon

The main entry to the Venue

Registration area for all the players and visitors

TwiceT

Abnoe

radience
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Nazgul has a current chipstack of 36.000 and won more chips with Aces.

He openraises with Aces on the CO, the Button calls and the Flop comes 863. The Button raises the continuation bet from Nazgul, who calls the raise. The A Turn gives Nazgul a top set and he checks but unfortunately the Button checks behind and does not call a bet from Nazgul on a blank river.
      Nazgul: "Too bad that the Button does not have a set in this situation!"

Another interesting Hand at Nazguls table:
      A player in MP raises and Niki 'KaiBuxxe' Jedlicka 3bets and to a suprise for everybody, a player in late position 4bets and the original raiser goes All-In. Jedlicka folds and it takes some time for the 4better to flip over QQ and to fold.

In the meantime I was able to spot thomas41on1, who is currently at 18.400 chips.

Pokerstrategist CR7 is sitting right next to thomas41on1 and has 28.000 chips.

There is another break right now and the tournament will continue in a few minutes with blinds at 150 - 300 / 25 ante. 234 people registered for the Main Event Day 1A and there are 207 remaining.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      No news on the guy that actually won the PokerStars voting for this event?
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Current chip counts after the break:
      (blinds at 150 - 300 / 25 ante, avg. chip stack is 35.816)

Team PokerStrategy.com

BongBob: 28.000
      Nazgul: 35.000

PokerStrategists:

Abnoe: t.b.a.
      CR7: 43.000
      fabstinho: 28.425
      radience: 66.000
      thomas41on1: 17.000
      TwiceT: 40.000

BongBob lost a bunch of chips at one hand against four other players including Full Tilt Pro Markus Golser. After some limpers he overlimps with 67s in :heart: and the flop comes K98 with two :heart: , giving him an openended straightdraw and a flushdraw. A player on his right bets and BongBob decides to raise. BongBob: "I want to go broke on this flop but I think it looks way stronger if I raise his bet, especially when I'd have got only a botsize stack left if he decides to call." the remaining to players fold and the original better calls to Bongbobs suprise.
      Turn is an 8, no :heart: and both player check. River is a Q, no :heart: , so any draws are busted and BongBob gives up. The other player shows TT and gets a decend pot.

No interesting hands at Nazguls table, his chip stack is 35.000.

fabstinho raised his chip stack to 28.425 after winning a hand with 99 headsup in position. Flop came J52 after he isolated a limper. His opponent check/calls and decided to donkbet the J turn. fabstinho called and hit his fullhouse on the 9 river, raised the bet of his opponent and got called. His hand was good.

thomas41on1 currently has 17.000 chips. He is the winner of the EPT Vienna Contest and he will give back 25% of his winnings to five of the PokerStrategists who voted for him.
    • Albatrini
      Albatrini
      Originally posted by Fredrik
      Hey,

can we have some coverage of our Swedish superstar, HenrikX (realname Niklas Toorell)? Would be greatly appreciated ;)

I think he starts 1b, not sure though.

Good luck to all PokerStrategists!

Regards,
      Fredrik
      I am looking forward to :)