Skip to forum
Demonic226 HUSNG, N...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Demonic226 HUSNG, Now a proud father!

1,172 Posts
77 Users
0 Reactions
105.1 K Views
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by akrammon

Originally posted by Demonic226
Thnx all!

@Tim, yeah I know, I'm just going to play my usual schedule of playing for 2-2.5 hrs and then taking a little break and then start another session. I'll try to keep reviewing regularly, like I do now.

@akrammon, the 10mans are often too reg infested, so I don't think I can put in 170 games a day without regging with at least 5 "regs", and I don't really want to do that so I think 5max is better for that. My sample at 5max is small of course (250 games or something) but I really enjoy it so far (not just because I'm running or something, because I'm not running super hot) and the amount of fish is amazing.

Okay, I'm sure you'll crush :) But keep us updated regularly!

Also, back to our previous topic, going out and drinking till hangover on only one night of the weekend is invaluable. I just got called by Txo from 5+bbs for his life on the bubble. You need weekends ♦ Seriously.

Just posted in your thread about this topic ♦

But yeah, drinking just one evening could be an option, but it's also about balancing a bit, maintaining my social life etc.


Reply
Quote
dydukas
Joined: 01.05.2009
BlackMember

Hey! I also moved to 5max games for the same reasons. Dunno about you but it's so much harder for me to multitable them cause you end up in hu and quite deep very often in lower limits and I suck hu. And of course so much so postflop play.

I would go with 10max for your challenge. 5max are so much different game. They are for sure soft but after just 250 games I would still stick to the games I'm used to. 9-10 tabling gives you 18games/h * 10 h/day * 7 days = 1260 games. I did that once on $5s, not impossible to say at least.

Anyway, gl with your challenge. Challenges are always good, ;)


Reply
Quote
Tim64
Joined: 03.11.2008
BlackMember

Originally posted by Demonic226

Originally posted by akrammon

Originally posted by Demonic226
Thnx all!

@Tim, yeah I know, I'm just going to play my usual schedule of playing for 2-2.5 hrs and then taking a little break and then start another session. I'll try to keep reviewing regularly, like I do now.

@akrammon, the 10mans are often too reg infested, so I don't think I can put in 170 games a day without regging with at least 5 "regs", and I don't really want to do that so I think 5max is better for that. My sample at 5max is small of course (250 games or something) but I really enjoy it so far (not just because I'm running or something, because I'm not running super hot) and the amount of fish is amazing.

Okay, I'm sure you'll crush :) But keep us updated regularly!

Also, back to our previous topic, going out and drinking till hangover on only one night of the weekend is invaluable. I just got called by Txo from 5+bbs for his life on the bubble. You need weekends ♦ Seriously.

Just posted in your thread about this topic ♦

But yeah, drinking just one evening could be an option, but it's also about balancing a bit, maintaining my social life etc.

Balancing is overrated, imo.


Reply
Quote

Goodluck with your challenge, will be following it. I'm sure you will crush the 5max now let's see if you can maintain the volume aswell!!

♠_cool:


Reply
Quote

Hey,
GL with your challenge, will keep an eye on your blog to se how you're doing. ;)

I do have a question however.. I'm thinking of cashing in 250k points for cash on William Hill snce my FDB expired and I'm looking, where I could go play and have a nice RB while I play. ♦
I wonder how's the traffic at $10, $15 SNGs on Ongame? Fullring and shorthanded... Also, do you have any experience with iPoker to compare the traffic and level of play on both networks?

Thnx for any info. ;)


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by TiciBoy
Hey,
GL with your challenge, will keep an eye on your blog to se how you're doing. ;)

I do have a question however.. I'm thinking of cashing in 250k points for cash on William Hill snce my FDB expired and I'm looking, where I could go play and have a nice RB while I play. ♦
I wonder how's the traffic at $10, $15 SNGs on Ongame? Fullring and shorthanded... Also, do you have any experience with iPoker to compare the traffic and level of play on both networks?

Thnx for any info. ;)

The traffic on the $11s is fine (at least if you are talking about turbo's, don't know about the regular speed ones). However, there are quite some regs (a lot of RB grinders obv), it is not uncommon to have 5 regs at your table.

Compared to the iPoker network, I have some experience with iPoker but that is a while ago, back then it was soft but traffic was not so great. If you want an up to date opinion on that, akrammon can give you more info on that, but I think you're already in contact with him?


Reply
Quote
akrammon
Joined: 17.05.2009
Elite Grinder

Yep, iPoker is pretty soft but you will be forced to mix limits and/or gametypes. Well, there are times when you can get like ~10 $11s running at a time. Or at least 6max. FR traffic is pretty baaaad. Sometimes you can get a few tables on the $11 limit, usually none above that. You def can't do an fdb purely with FR there.


Reply
Quote

Tnnxs both for the replies. ;)

Yea, it looks like I'll have to fire up some 6max SNG videos and learn those. ♦ Also need to think about what to do (where to play) next...


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

The challenge has started, I managed to wake somewhat early and am pretty excited about it. Just had my first session, I don't want to get distracted so I'm not going to check my results during the day. I'll maybe make another update tonight.


Reply
Quote
akrammon
Joined: 17.05.2009
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by Demonic226
The challenge has started, I managed to wake somewhat early and am pretty excited about it. Just had my first session, I don't want to get distracted so I'm not going to check my results during the day. I'll maybe make another update tonight.

I'm excited too, keep us posted regularly!


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by akrammon

Originally posted by Demonic226
The challenge has started, I managed to wake somewhat early and am pretty excited about it. Just had my first session, I don't want to get distracted so I'm not going to check my results during the day. I'll maybe make another update tonight.

I'm excited too, keep us posted regularly!

Thnx for the support, appreciate it!

So the first day is done, I played 169 games in 9.1 hours, it actually took a lot longer than I thought. At the beginning of the day I was 6-tabling but later on I switched to 7 and sometimes even 8 tabling. I ran quite hot, about 5.5% ROI and EV about BE. I think tomorrow I'll start 7 or maybe even 8tabling from the beginning, because like this the days will be quite long (I started grinding at 10am, and I'm finished a little after 10pm).

Some other good news is that Betfair will give me a loyalty bonus of $500 because of the network problems on Wednesday, the clearance rate sucks but w/e it's gift so :)

I'm probably going to buy some coke for tomorrow, to give me a bit of a boost when my energy level is not so high. (coke as in coca cola of course :f_cool: )


Reply
Quote
UPAY4DINNER
Joined: 28.09.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by Demonic226

Originally posted by akrammon

Originally posted by Demonic226
The challenge has started, I managed to wake somewhat early and am pretty excited about it. Just had my first session, I don't want to get distracted so I'm not going to check my results during the day. I'll maybe make another update tonight.

I'm excited too, keep us posted regularly!

Thnx for the support, appreciate it!

So the first day is done, I played 169 games in 9.1 hours, it actually took a lot longer than I thought. At the beginning of the day I was 6-tabling but later on I switched to 7 and sometimes even 8 tabling. I ran quite hot, about 5.5% ROI and EV about BE. I think tomorrow I'll start 7 or maybe even 8tabling from the beginning, because like this the days will be quite long (I started grinding at 10am, and I'm finished a little after 10pm).

Some other good news is that Betfair will give me a loyalty bonus of $500 because of the network problems on Wednesday, the clearance rate sucks but w/e it's gift so :)

I'm probably going to buy some coke for tomorrow, to give me a bit of a boost when my energy level is not so high. (coke as in coca cola of course :f_cool: )

Hey Demonic226,

Glad the first day went well. It's always nice to get off to a good start and hit the ground running :)

I will be following your efforts closely and hope you can achieve your goals.

As the guys stated above, it is going to be a tough challenge both mentally and physically and I really hope you can pull it off :)

All the best,
Gary


Reply
Quote

take some dextro energy instead. I think you will know what type of sugar (somewhat candylike) stuff I talk about.

Really good for instand energy and not bad for your health aswell like coke!

good start so far. Keep crushing and ask for a $1k bonus IMO :f_biggrin:

♠_cool:


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by HollyMichelle

Originally posted by Demonic226

Originally posted by akrammon

Originally posted by Demonic226
The challenge has started, I managed to wake somewhat early and am pretty excited about it. Just had my first session, I don't want to get distracted so I'm not going to check my results during the day. I'll maybe make another update tonight.

I'm excited too, keep us posted regularly!

Thnx for the support, appreciate it!

So the first day is done, I played 169 games in 9.1 hours, it actually took a lot longer than I thought. At the beginning of the day I was 6-tabling but later on I switched to 7 and sometimes even 8 tabling. I ran quite hot, about 5.5% ROI and EV about BE. I think tomorrow I'll start 7 or maybe even 8tabling from the beginning, because like this the days will be quite long (I started grinding at 10am, and I'm finished a little after 10pm).

Some other good news is that Betfair will give me a loyalty bonus of $500 because of the network problems on Wednesday, the clearance rate sucks but w/e it's gift so :)

I'm probably going to buy some coke for tomorrow, to give me a bit of a boost when my energy level is not so high. (coke as in coca cola of course :f_cool: )

Hey Demonic226,

Glad the first day went well. It's always nice to get off to a good start and hit the ground running :)

I will be following your efforts closely and hope you can achieve your goals.

As the guys stated above, it is going to be a tough challenge both mentally and physically and I really hope you can pull it off :)

All the best,
Gary

Thnx, it's nice to have a new reader! ♠_biggrin:

Yeah it's going to be a tough week, but I know what the goal is so just going to keep grinding. The tough part is also that I will not know if I made it or not, because the betfair LB is usually updated on Mondays but the LB finishes on Thursday.

Originally posted by variancekiller
take some dextro energy instead. I think you will know what type of sugar (somewhat candylike) stuff I talk about.

Really good for instand energy and not bad for your health aswell like coke!

good start so far. Keep crushing and ask for a $1k bonus IMO :f_biggrin:

♠_cool:

Hey!

Yeah that's a really great piece of advice, I'm going to run to the supermarket straight away to get it!


Reply
Quote
Schris7
Joined: 15.01.2007
Oldschool Grinder

give it all this week cause next week i am coming back !! ♦ :D
glgl


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by Demonic226

Hey!

Yeah that's a really great piece of advice, I'm going to run to the supermarket straight away to get it!

Just so you know, Running means waste of energy. Hire someone to carry you instead.

♠_cool:


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by variancekiller

Originally posted by Demonic226

Hey!

Yeah that's a really great piece of advice, I'm going to run to the supermarket straight away to get it!

Just so you know, Running means waste of energy. Hire someone to carry you instead.

♠_cool:

Lol it's less than 100 meters to the supermarket so I don't think that would be necessary, but yeah still would look kinda cool, if I arrive there carried by a bunch of ppl like a king :f_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
dangermowse
Joined: 24.10.2010
Poker Player

Is that 9hrs solid playing?!?!? Obv you have a big pee bucket under the desk ♦


Reply
Quote
akrammon
Joined: 17.05.2009
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by dangermowse
Is that 9hrs solid playing?!?!? Obv you have a big pee bucket under the desk ♦

He played 9 hours in a 12 hour time span.

edit: it's still brutal tho :)


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by dangermowse
Is that 9hrs solid playing?!?!? Obv you have a big pee bucket under the desk ♦

No, I don't think I could survive that. I do sessions of about 2-2.5 hours, take a break of about 45 minutes and start again.

For today I'm at 160 games and I did it a lot faster than yesterday, instead of 9 hours it took me 7 hours today. I'm contemplating if I'm going to play another set or not, maybe later but for now I'm going to take a good break.

There are some strange fish at 5max, some of them are checking full houses all the way till the river and then make a tiny bet. Some of them overshove the flop with TPTK and from my experience with 10max that is usually an instacall on a Axx board with JJ for example, but it happened more than once that I looked like a complete idiot because villain had the nuts. Also overshoving rivers with the nuts seems to be the thing that these guys like to do.


Reply
Quote
Share: