Skip to forum
Midlife Crisis? Wha...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Midlife Crisis? What Midlife Crisis?

8,659 Posts
251 Users
37 Reactions
793 K Views
BOBOsvk
Joined: 14.02.2010
PokerStrategist

:coolface:

sorry i am drunk


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by trickybob
Should we only waggle when it's huge and pointing up?

Like the happy elephant dance.

We should just waggle when it's huge, whichever way it's pointing.

Originally posted by BOBOsvk
:coolface:

sorry i am drunk

Don't be sorry. At least I didn't get :rage: this time.


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

:facepalm:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($140.25)
MP ($50)
Button ($21.55)
SB ($43.75)
jbpatzer (BB) ($53)

Preflop: jbpatzer is BB with 8♥, 9♥
1 fold, MP bets $1.50, 2 folds, jbpatzer calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 10:spade:, 2♣, Q♣ (2 players)
jbpatzer checks, MP bets $1.75, jbpatzer raises to $5.50, MP calls $3.75

Turn: ($14.25) 7♠ (2 players)
jbpatzer bets $9.25, MP calls $9.25

River: ($32.75) 4♦ (2 players)
jbpatzer checks, MP checks

Total pot: $32.75 | Rake: $1.60

Results:
jbpatzer had 8♥, 9♥ (high card, Queen).
MP had K♦, J♣ (high card, King).
Outcome: MP won $31.15

Surely I can't barrel that river card against a TAG??

3bet or fold preflop next time. That'll teach me to mix it up.


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by jbpatzer

Surely I can't barrel that river card against a TAG??

Depends on his fold to river bet stat. I use the "active players" window as well as the HUD for moments like that.


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by FingersMalone

Originally posted by jbpatzer

Surely I can't barrel that river card against a TAG??

Depends on his fold to river bet stat. I use the "active players" window as well as the HUD for moments like that.

What's the "active players" window? And how come you're posting in my blog but you're not on Skype? Why are you making me clutter up my blog with silly questions? Remember, 21st century, 21st century!


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by miljonszalie

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
All the cool kids are switching to PLO! ♠_cool:

I can't get this bloody song out of my head now, even though I don't like it. That's just not right. :f_mad:


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by jbpatzer

I can't get this bloody song out of my head now, even though I don't like it. That's just not right. :f_mad:

♦

Spoiler

:coolface:


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by jbpatzer

Originally posted by miljonszalie

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
All the cool kids are switching to PLO! ♠_cool:

I can't get this bloody song out of my head now, even though I don't like it. That's just not right. :f_mad:

YES YES YES YES!!! ♦ That`s how they got me ♦ First I didn`t really fancy it, now I love it :DDD


Reply
Quote
EmanuelC16
Joined: 02.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

I like this song a bit more...


Reply
Quote
trickybob
Joined: 28.07.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Never play medium suited connectors heads up, out of position and without the initiative. Leak Buster told me that yonks ago.

Preflop, 3bet or fold.

As played fold flop - check raise with nothing on dry flops. Wet flops always look like you're drawing and also hit more of his range. Fold equity is much higher on dry flops.

Also, give us some stats/reads on villains. And maybe some of your thought processes too. The more info we have, the easier it is to understand ... bloody academics :f_rolleyes:


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by trickybob
Never play medium suited connectors heads up, out of position and without the initiative. Leak Buster told me that yonks ago.

Preflop, 3bet or fold.

As played fold flop - check raise with nothing on dry flops. Wet flops always look like you're drawing and also hit more of his range. Fold equity is much higher on dry flops.

Also, give us some stats/reads on villains. And maybe some of your thought processes too. The more info we have, the easier it is to understand ... bloody academics :f_rolleyes:

Did I not say that? You're just skimming! But if I never have suited connectors in my range.........

(Yes, yes, I know it's just NL50, but even so.)

A :facepalm: hand is mainly for amusement value. Full info on hands where I don't know what I should have done.

(Yes, yes, I know I put a question at the end, but it was mainly rhetorical.)


Reply
Quote
Super Moderator
VorpalF2F
Joined: 02.09.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by jbpatzer
Did I not say that? You're just skimming! But if I never have suited connectors in my range.........

Yes, it's all about image. Whenever I sit down to a table where I am a complete unknown, I spew about 1.5 BI with trash hands, so I can trick 'em with my monsters later :f_wink:


Reply
Quote
trickybob
Joined: 28.07.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by jbpatzer

Originally posted by trickybob
Never play medium suited connectors heads up, out of position and without the initiative. Leak Buster told me that yonks ago.

Preflop, 3bet or fold.

As played fold flop - check raise with nothing on dry flops. Wet flops always look like you're drawing and also hit more of his range. Fold equity is much higher on dry flops.

Also, give us some stats/reads on villains. And maybe some of your thought processes too. The more info we have, the easier it is to understand ... bloody academics :f_rolleyes:

Did I not say that? You're just skimming! But if I never have suited connectors in my range.........

(Yes, yes, I know it's just NL50, but even so.)

A :facepalm: hand is mainly for amusement value. Full info on hands where I don't know what I should have done.

(Yes, yes, I know I put a question at the end, but it was mainly rhetorical.)

Tl;dr :f_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
trickybob
Joined: 28.07.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Preflop, 3bet or fold.

Oh yeah.

This.

+1

But all gentle ribbing aside, I actually think where we butcher hands (and I am real cleaver wielder :f_o: ) is when we learn most. Expect some real horror shows from me at the weekend!


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Chess tonight. We were 3.5-0.5 up by the time I reached this position. I'm better, but probably not enough to win given my inability to play rook endings, so I agreed a draw and had an early night. :f_zZz:


Reply
Quote

All rook ending are draw


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by patszerdonk
All rook ending are draw

Except when I'm playing them, when they are often lost. :f_cry:


Reply
Quote
Dublimax
Joined: 22.11.2008
Oldschool Grinder

You will never learn how to play them without playing them :)
Especially when your team is up 3.5-0.5


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by Dublimax
You will never learn how to play them without playing them :)
Especially when your team is up 3.5-0.5

Thanks dad.

Tbh, I don't really want to play chess any more. I want to be out playing poker instead, but I'm too nice to leave my team in the lurch when we have a real chance of winning the league this year. Five matches to go.......


Reply
Quote
Dublimax
Joined: 22.11.2008
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by jbpatzer

Originally posted by Dublimax
You will never learn how to play them without playing them :)
Especially when your team is up 3.5-0.5

Thanks dad.

Tbh, I don't really want to play chess any more. I want to be out playing poker instead, but I'm too nice to leave my team in the lurch when we have a real chance of winning the league this year. Five matches to go.......

Nice team spirit.
Yeah forget about live chess that takes so much time, and only do online chess!


Reply
Quote
Share: