Skip to forum
Midlife Crisis? Wha...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Midlife Crisis? What Midlife Crisis?

8,659 Posts
251 Users
37 Reactions
793 K Views
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

The strimmer is up and running. After taking two big chunks out of my hand starting it, I read that you should always wear gloves. Fml. But mrsjb was pleased, although I think I showed less than the required enthusiasm for putting on safety boots and strimming her allotment (that's not a euphemism), as it was very hot and the cricket was on the telly. Having started my cricket viewing career watching the West Indies duffing us up in the hot summer of 1976, I always enjoy watching us do the same to them.

Manu went through the big hands from my last NL50 session with me. There were some silly things, but I think we concluded that I didn't run great. He's basically giving me free coaching, so I'm very grateful. He's a good chap considering he's a foreigner and very young. He certainly donated some rungood to me if tonight's session is anything to go by.

And here's, Spurs finally putting one over on the Gooners. ♦

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

jbpatzer (BTN): $25.35
nuninho545 (SB): $15.47
adytzoy (BB): $25.92
Peelze (UTG): $23.50
tahurpoquer (MP): $52.55
DannyG13 (CO): $25.00

nuninho545 posts SB $0.10, adytzoy posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) jbpatzer has 8♣ 8♥

fold, fold, DannyG13 raises to $0.75, jbpatzer calls $0.75, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) K♠ 2♦ 8♦
DannyG13 bets $1.30, jbpatzer calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.45, 2 players) 4♦
DannyG13 checks, jbpatzer bets $2.97, DannyG13 raises to $7.90, jbpatzer raises to $23.30 and is all-in, DannyG13 calls $15.05 and is all-in

River: ($50.35, 2 players) K♣

DannyG13 shows 7♦ K♦ (Flush, King High) (Pre 33%, Flop 29%, Turn 80%)
jbpatzer shows 8♣ 8♥ (Full House, Eights full of Kings) (Pre 67%, Flop 71%, Turn 20%)
jbpatzer wins $48.35

I'm not sure about my river shove. I think against an unknown I have the implied odds to call, but he was typing some Gooner nonsense in the chat, so I thought 'Bah! Look at the size of my balls!' and let him have it!


Reply
Quote
EmanuelC16
Joined: 02.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Yet I don't feel like a very young foreigner.. strange...

Anyway, vs Mr DG I think calling turn and calling any river is best. It's a leveling war really but if he checked a hand, you are probably OK against his range and if he is FPSing you, let him do it to the end. OOP, I'd like to get it in most of the time, this is a IP thing...


Reply
Quote
fruktpuff
Joined: 24.09.2010
PokerStrategist

When did fourthstreet become the river? Maybe that's why I keep failing, I don't know which street is where?!


Reply
Quote
MisClick
Joined: 30.05.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by jbpatzer
Mrsjb just came home with a petrol strimmer.

That will surely fulfill all your manly ambitions. Say goodbye to poker profit.


Reply
Quote
MisClick
Joined: 30.05.2008
PokerStrategist

.


Reply
Quote
MisClick
Joined: 30.05.2008
PokerStrategist

Just read the post that follows. May be it had the opposite effect: instead of fulfilled, you are ready to take over the world. Don't let go of the strimmer ♦


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by fruktpuff
When did fourthstreet become the river? Maybe that's why I keep failing, I don't know which street is where?!

Turn, river, whatever. If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be playing NL25.

Originally posted by MisClick
Just read the post that follows. May be it had the opposite effect: instead of fulfilled, you are ready to take over the world. Don't let go of the strimmer ♦

My hand hurts this morning. I don't want to strim again. I'm not manly enough. In fact, when I'd finished my strimming, mrsjb decided I hadn't done a good enough job and strimmed for herself for ten minutes. I was expected to wear safety boots. She was wearing flip flops. And she didn't hurt her hand either. I think I'll stick to hoovering and nurturing my family's emotional needs.......like a real man.


Reply
Quote
MisClick
Joined: 30.05.2008
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by jbpatzer
My hand hurts this morning. I don't want to strim again. I'm not manly enough. In fact, when I'd finished my strimming, mrsjb decided I hadn't done a good enough job and strimmed for herself for ten minutes. I was expected to wear safety boots. She was wearing flip flops. And she didn't hurt her hand either. I think I'll stick to hoovering and nurturing my family's emotional needs.......like a real man.

:f_o: You are all the same. I always thought mine was an isolated case. I bet she did an incredible job :f_cool:


Reply
Quote
doctorkgb
Joined: 01.04.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by jbpatzer

Originally posted by fruktpuff
When did fourthstreet become the river? Maybe that's why I keep failing, I don't know which street is where?!

Turn, river, whatever. If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be playing NL25.

Lol. best post ever


Reply
Quote
rankler88
Joined: 02.09.2010
Poker Player

Originally posted by doctorkgb

Originally posted by jbpatzer

Originally posted by fruktpuff
When did fourthstreet become the river? Maybe that's why I keep failing, I don't know which street is where?!

Turn, river, whatever. If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be playing NL25.

Lol. best post ever

+1 Brilliant


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by MisClick

Originally posted by jbpatzer
My hand hurts this morning. I don't want to strim again. I'm not manly enough. In fact, when I'd finished my strimming, mrsjb decided I hadn't done a good enough job and strimmed for herself for ten minutes. I was expected to wear safety boots. She was wearing flip flops. And she didn't hurt her hand either. I think I'll stick to hoovering and nurturing my family's emotional needs.......like a real man.

:f_o: You are all the same. I always thought mine was an isolated case. I bet she did an incredible job :f_cool:

We are indeed all the same, and she did, indeed, think she did an incredible job. For a girlie, it wasn't bad I suppose. :f_mad:

Originally posted by rankler88

Originally posted by doctorkgb

Originally posted by jbpatzer

Originally posted by fruktpuff
When did fourthstreet become the river? Maybe that's why I keep failing, I don't know which street is where?!

Turn, river, whatever. If I knew what I was doing I wouldn't be playing NL25.

Lol. best post ever

+1 Brilliant

I've seen better.


Reply
Quote
DannyG13
Joined: 29.10.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by jbpatzer
And here's, Spurs finally putting one over on the Gooners. ♦

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

jbpatzer (BTN): $25.35
nuninho545 (SB): $15.47
adytzoy (BB): $25.92
Peelze (UTG): $23.50
tahurpoquer (MP): $52.55
DannyG13 (CO): $25.00

nuninho545 posts SB $0.10, adytzoy posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) jbpatzer has 8♣ 8♥

fold, fold, DannyG13 raises to $0.75, jbpatzer calls $0.75, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) K♠ 2♦ 8♦
DannyG13 bets $1.30, jbpatzer calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.45, 2 players) 4♦
DannyG13 checks, jbpatzer bets $2.97, DannyG13 raises to $7.90, jbpatzer raises to $23.30 and is all-in, DannyG13 calls $15.05 and is all-in

River: ($50.35, 2 players) K♣

DannyG13 shows 7♦ K♦ (Flush, King High) (Pre 33%, Flop 29%, Turn 80%)
jbpatzer shows 8♣ 8♥ (Full House, Eights full of Kings) (Pre 67%, Flop 71%, Turn 20%)
jbpatzer wins $48.35

I'm not sure about my river shove. I think against an unknown I have the implied odds to call, but he was typing some Gooner nonsense in the chat, so I thought 'Bah! Look at the size of my balls!' and let him have it!

I feel violated, and not in the good way. I'll get it back, we all know Spurs never finish above Arsenal in the end. ♦


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

I played an 8game HU SnG with trickybob tonight. It was all going OK until we got to Stud8. I realize I have no idea how to play Stud8. I don't even understand what constitutes a good starting hand at a full table, never mind HU. Every hand looks crap to me. If it's good for low, it's pretty crap for high. Do I have to wait for AA2? I should watch RainmanTrails videos. Stay away from trickybob and his killer Stud8 game.

I think I need to lay off the HU SnGs because I always seem to run out of time and energy after about 1500 hands atm. +3BI tonight. At this rate I'll be shooting NL50 again fairly soon. Since manu looked at my NL50 hands I have mainly run like god. Why can't I do that on NL50?


Reply
Quote
MisClick
Joined: 30.05.2008
PokerStrategist

re stud8 (and from then on) I take the blame. I was just in the chatting mood, and you two there playing instead of chatting with me. bah.
I am not good at railing. Next time I'll try to stick to the popcorn and leave the keyboard alone. ♦

(and HUs, Stud H/L, any three would do :f_p: )


Reply
Quote
trickybob
Joined: 28.07.2010
Oldschool Grinder

I didn't have much idea really. I do quite like the hi-lo games as opposed to the low games, which I find very dull. Run good is the friend of all SnGs though and I think Stud8 liked me the best. :f_thumbsup:

Got my arse handed to me on a plate by MC though. Was pretty even going into NLHE and then I kind of lost track of the stacks and kept bluffing at all those lovely dry flops. Meh.

It was good fun though.

Thank you both.


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Just played a few hands before beer and TV with mrsjb. Played really badly and broke even. I'd just sucked out horribly on someone (He'd raised 2 out of 3 flop bets in 3bet pots, so how was I to know he had a set. My AA binked an A on the river. Like a pro.) then it all went back to normal in this hand.

PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $24.25
SB: $26.93
BB: $16.04
UTG: $25.85
Hero (MP): $37.30
CO: $29.56

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q♦ A♣

UTG raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, fold, BTN raises to $2.00, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($6.35, 3 players) T♣ K♦ J♦
UTG checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $4.50, UTG calls $4.50, Hero raises to $35.30 and is all-in, BTN calls $17.75 and is all-in, UTG calls $19.35 and is all-in

Turn: ($76.30, 3 players) Q♥

River: ($76.30, 3 players) K♣

Spoiler

UTG shows K♥ J♣ (Full House, Kings full of Jacks) (Pre 24%, Flop 10%, Turn 7%)
BTN mucks J♥ J♠ (Full House, Jacks full of Kings) (Pre 37%, Flop 19%, Turn 14%)
Hero mucks Q♦ A♣ (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 40%, Flop 71%, Turn 79%)
UTG wins $74.30

I came third. Like Arsenal. :f_o: How I laughed! :f_mad: Actually, I did this time. It seemed only fair.


Reply
Quote
EmanuelC16
Joined: 02.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

3bet pre imo. AQ is the nuts vs a minraise usually.


Reply
Quote
Super Moderator
VorpalF2F
Joined: 02.09.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by jbpatzer
Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q♦ A♣

I've adopted a new strategy for AQo that has saved me tons of cash.

Spoiler

I fold the miserable bloody things on sight


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer Topic starter
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by VorpalF2F

Originally posted by jbpatzer
Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has Q♦ A♣

I've adopted a new strategy for AQo that has saved me tons of cash.

Spoiler

I fold the miserable bloody things on sight

And you know this how?


Reply
Quote
MisClick
Joined: 30.05.2008
PokerStrategist

just go all in, what difference it makes after all :P

(I just finished my session. Not idea how I did as I am not looking at the cashier. I know I did run like the gods at the beginning and I was getting situations of AA (me), being shoved over the top preflop with things like, for example, J6o. However, it seems after 10pm back to normal as my fairy god mother is stingy and pushed it all forward 2 hours)


Reply
Quote
Share: