Skip to forum
:: Midstakes HeadsU...
 
Notifications
Clear all

:: Midstakes HeadsUp SNG ($60, $30) HYPAZZZ ::

832 Posts
111 Users
0 Reactions
143.4 K Views
Phgrinder
Joined: 16.02.2009
Oldschool Grinder

freeroll money please ♦


Reply
Quote
maritsula
Joined: 19.12.2011
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by ragney
:heart: October goals :heart:
[ ] 2.5k games
[ ] 3% or higher ROI EV
[ ] work on thesis
[ ] spend less time wanking around

Penalty for not reaching volume goal: send random people in the blog $5 each? LOL :f_biggrin:

What random people? We are your followers/supporters! ♠_biggrin: ♠_biggrin: ♠_biggrin:

I bet that by the end of the week you will have 50 people posting in your blog :P


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by maritsula
What random people? We are your followers/supporters! ♠_biggrin: ♠_biggrin: ♠_biggrin:

I bet that by the end of the week you will have 50 people posting in your blog :P

haha yeah donating to "followers" might be better than randoms lol, this is a great way to promo my blog :f_thumbsup:

And LOL at suddenly extra posts :coolface:

Well I haven't played any games for the past 3 days, had a review of my final year thesis and it needs some fixing. I'll start grinding tomorrow most likely. It seems my volume/time limit is about 5-6 hrs, I kinda want to grind at least 7 hours, anyone advice how to do this? I usually wake up late. I take break every ~2hrs but for some reason the breaks are longer than they should ♦

Currently sitting around ~1.1k games orso, so its not going to be easy. But... RUNGOOD>>>>>VOLUME EASY. If I rungood fuck the volume lol, I rather throw random $5s instead :f_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Thanks for the motivation/challenge guys ♦

Spoiler

As usual won't check the result till end of weekend. Anyway I'm happy about the volume but somewhat unhappy about my play. Some (big) spots I definitely could and should play better, just mehhhhhhhhhhhh got stuck into alot of marginal spots.

Mental game wise I'm unaffected by the bad beats but I hate it when I make mistakes. I need to keep in mind that mistakes are part of the game as well.

EV wise I think today I ran pretty good, won more flips than usual.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_
maritsula
Joined: 19.12.2011
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by ragney
How thin can you guys vbet? :coolface:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/5427799_77D0D6C853

Why don't you value bet the river? :f_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by maritsula

Originally posted by ragney
How thin can you guys vbet? :coolface:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/5427799_77D0D6C853

Why don't you value bet the river? :f_biggrin:

I was about to do it but than he would fold so I wouldn't be able to show you guys ♦

You guys should thank me for not doing it else you couldn't learn these kind of vbet ♠_biggrin:


Reply
Quote

Originally posted by ragney
How thin can you guys vbet? :coolface:

old hand but I have similar thin valuebetting skills :f_cool:

BB (BB): 610.00
Hero (SB): 390.00

Hero posts SB 10.00, BB posts BB 20.00

Pre Flop: (pot: 30.00) Hero has T♠ 8♦

Hero raises to 40.00, BB raises to 60.00, Hero calls 20.00

Flop: (120.00, 2 players) 6♥ 3♠ 4♦
BB bets 20.00, Hero raises to 50.00, BB calls 30.00

Turn: (220.00, 2 players) A♦
BB bets 40.00, Hero raises to 280.00 and is all-in, BB calls 240.00

River: (780.00, 2 players) 2♦

BB shows T♣ 7♦ (High Card, Ace) (Pre 33%, Flop 28%, Turn 16%)
Hero shows T♠ 8♦ (High Card, Ace) (Pre 67%, Flop 72%, Turn 84%)
Hero wins 780.00


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

lol had a good laugh at his "limp trap" :f_biggrin:

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/5465877_11F1FDB3C1

The flop though :f_frown:

Spoiler

Turn = :f_o: ♠_o: :f_o: ♠_o: :f_o: ♠_o:


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Another epic hand. Soul read once again? :coolface:

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/5515625_8BF2297A73

Spoiler

Nah, villain's flop turn and river action didn't make sense so was pretty easy call.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by daun666

Originally posted by ragney
How thin can you guys vbet? :coolface:

old hand but I have similar thin valuebetting skills :f_cool:

Close, I tried :f_biggrin:

PokerStars - $29.37+$0.63|15/30 NL (2 max) - Holdem - 2 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 600
BB: 400 (VPIP: 62.50, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 8)

Hero posts SB 15, BB posts BB 30

Pre Flop: (pot: 45) Hero has T♣ 9♠

Hero calls 15, BB checks

Flop: (60, 2 players) 3♣ 4♣ J♣
BB checks, Hero bets 30, BB calls 30

Turn: (120, 2 players) J♠
BB checks, Hero bets 60, BB calls 60

River: (240, 2 players) K♥
BB checks, Hero checks

Spoiler

BB shows 6♣ 5♠ (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 35%, Flop 32%, Turn 25%)
Hero shows T♣ 9♠ (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 65%, Flop 68%, Turn 75%)
Hero wins 240

River barrel was mehhh, had some reads to justify not to barrel too light.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Fun games... Grinded about 14hours for the past two days since my month is already fucked, but meh ?(


Reply
Quote
BYOBToBBQ
Joined: 30.09.2012
Poker Player

How many tables are you playing at the same time?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by BYOBToBBQ
How many tables are you playing at the same time?

Just two.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

How to play with 72 OOP and still win his whole stack.
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/5542400_3F616CF4D4

Spoiler

call call call :f_biggrin:

Edit: after reviewing the hand I guess readless its a bad play but this guy usually min or jam his Ax shallow so either he had the nuts (limptrap or flush) or nothing. So I started off excluding Ax (and most Kx) and on the river it was a crying call since the third diamond came.


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Check/raise river is good but please try to represent something :facepalm:
www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/5547166_2769A9BA93

Edit: curious at viewers out there: is this an easy call for you guys?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Sad month, close to zero motivation + dunno how much longer I can play A-game :f_cry:


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Running horrible again as always. Had a good laugh at this hand, I was waiting the whole day for these villain + spots ♠_biggrin:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/5577426_7F51559A04

^^ Easy call. This hand gave me the needed motivation to continue grinding =)

@viewers out there, do you prefer boom player or old style hand history convert as 'hand replayer'?


Reply
Quote
_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Justice! Just had an one outer in my favor. I had 55, villain had 75s. Flop came 7XXX and river 5 ♦

Feels so good damn good ♠_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
cheekopeh
Joined: 27.09.2010
PokerStrategist

Gogogo ragney, have you forgotten how good it felt when you ran like God?? Keep grinding don't give up!

And old style hh converter pls :]


Reply
Quote
Share: