Skip to forum
The BLOG of MTTs
 
Notifications
Clear all

The BLOG of MTTs

302 Posts
45 Users
3 Reactions
51.5 K Views
Zemnieks11
Joined: 23.07.2009
Elite Grinder

Latvija! I would suggest looking at videos more, they show the actual way on how to beat players at current limit. There will be swings in your carrer for sure but have discipline and you will climb up. ♠_grin:


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

something from mindset lessons.

Who also wants drop out uni besides me???


Reply
Quote
Zemnieks11
Joined: 23.07.2009
Elite Grinder

jup fcuk uni. i wanted to do it long time ago but aint have nuts to seriously doo that since in poker i am not stable yet. This is topic about witch i am thinking all the time!


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Hello gamblers! ;)

here's my october graph on $1 and $2 stakes (average stake $1,79)

At the lowest point I busted my $20 new start BR, but my friends were undarstanding and backed me well, so atm I'm back @ playing $2 on FT (feel so good)

Because of the uni, I can't put enough volume that I want.

But I printed out all SnG material on ps.com available (my friend is gold, so I got those too :f_cool: ). atm I read: SnG articles from ps.com, "The Poker Mindset", and try to read forums of hand evaluation a lot and working with SnG Wiz.

aloha, miljon.


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by miljonszalie
:club: starting BR: $20 (busted it all, but got 2 backers)
:club: stakes: $1, $2 Turbo SnG @ Full Tilt

Goals (October):

:spade: play 600 games (-)
:spade: playing 6-table (+)
:spade: post every questionable hand of every session (+)
:spade: take regular/everyday SnG Wiz session reviews (+)
:spade: daily work with unclear ICM situations (+/-)

:diamond: Hit Gold status (longterm goal) (on my way)


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Love this!

p.s.
doing well on $2 SnGs atm, just need more volume for more $. atm gonna watch TwiceT HU match with another ps.com coach. :f_cool:

have a nice day everyone!


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Gooood morning everyone! =)

Played some sets @ SnG Madness, LOL, haven't seen so many backdoors hitting them and all other stuff on the all streets for a while, so I just wondered and laughed @ the variance those times!

Got some new goal for this upcoming week:

1) Wanna play SnG Madness 75K freeroll
2) Wanna prepare solid to it (as solid as you can get it in a week by watching vids on ps.com and surfing MTT hand forums)

Wanna shipp some money to my BR! and do it well.


Reply
Quote

i read on sng madness page that the tournament will be super turbo.it is true?if it is there will be 99%luck.


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by pokerplayer05
i read on sng madness page that the tournament will be super turbo.it is true?if it is there will be 99%luck.

This is for lazy ones! ♦
Deeeeeeep one, my friend, so take a chance!


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

I'm going to play this one too. :f_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Total SICKOOOOO game!!!!!!!!

I'm happy, have nice BR atm! :)

p.s.
will post some fuckin' sicko varianced hands after getting enough sleep. ♦

DAAAMN, I feel so good! :)

miljon


Reply
Quote
Huseens
Joined: 03.07.2009
PokerStrategist

Gratz! Btw, how is SNGs going? Still thinking abt dropping out from uni? :)


Reply
Quote
jbpatzer
Joined: 23.11.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Well done you! I finished about 108 millionth.


Reply
Quote
dipsnis
Joined: 24.05.2010
PokerStrategist

GRATE job, man! :f_biggrin:


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Thanks, Huseen, JB, Dipsni! =)

@Huseens: lol, man I'd love to (I think so sometimes, actually many times a day), but don't have enough BR to do it, just $210 atm. Do you study yourself, man?

atm have to write some research in my uni, so there will be less time for grinding I assume.

Have a nice sunday, fellows! :)

miljon


Reply
Quote
Huseens
Joined: 03.07.2009
PokerStrategist

Umm. I am still 18 and studying in middleschool(vidusskola) 12th grade. I still have time till summer to decide to go pokerpro or not. :)


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by jbpatzer
I finished about 108 millionth.

LOLOLLL!!! ♦ ♦ ♦

classic jb style joke, +1 to you, sir!

I laugh at this every time I read it, LOL! ♦

@ Huseens: yeah, about SnGs, I'm doing pretty good on $2.20 turbo SnG, and with my new BR I wanna play them more since I hit at least $250 mark to start playin $5.50 normal speed SnG on Full Tilt. =)

Actually I think, my game has improved cause of 65% mindset, 35% strategy at latest point.


Reply
Quote
Huseens
Joined: 03.07.2009
PokerStrategist

Don't u think cashgames would be better longterm? :)


Reply
Quote
JohnTheGreatest Topic starter
JohnTheGreatest
Joined: 28.01.2010
Oldschool Grinder

I wanna learn them for sure some day, but atm I havent enough time for it, and I wanna hit hardly SnG strategy which I study a lot atm, so that way increase my BR and then when I have enough (at least BR>1,5K) I wanna step by step learn some cg with good coach or sweat session partners.

whats ur limit atm Huseens? - ur NL or FL player?
how's it going for you?


Reply
Quote
Huseens
Joined: 03.07.2009
PokerStrategist

If you want to talk abt some cashgame strategy, you can contact me on skype - husis666.
And how it's going for me just read my blog. :)


Reply
Quote
Share: