Skip to forum
High Stakes Poker S...
 
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] High Stakes Poker Season 6 - Episode 1

32 Posts
18 Users
0 Reactions
10.1 K Views

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
Phil knows everything

....except how to 3 bet AQ when he's been led into twice by Ivey. I can understand the call on the flop coz Ivey and Dwan usually call 3 bets on the flop. But I mean honestly what a nit... He should stick to tournaments or else get a new strategy for high stakes cash games. His game is too weak-passive for this bunch of cash game players.

When I saw he was on from the start I was like 'Oh no not Hellmuth.' He is funny later on in the series because he gets needled so much (esp. by Laak and Antonio) but it was clearly gonna be frustrating watching him this early in the series and it turned out to be just that.

At least we'll get to see some quality poker now he's off.


NightFrostaSS
Joined: 25.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by DaveWalliams

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
Phil knows everything

....except how to 3 bet AQ when he's been led into twice by Ivey. I can understand the call on the flop coz Ivey and Dwan usually call 3 bets on the flop. But I mean honestly what a nit... He should stick to tournaments or else get a new strategy for high stakes cash games. His game is too weak-passive for this bunch of cash game players.

When I saw he was on from the start I was like 'Oh no not Hellmuth.' He is funny later on in the series because he gets needled so much (esp. by Laak and Antonio) but it was clearly gonna be frustrating watching him this early in the series and it turned out to be just that.

At least we'll get to see some quality poker now he's off.

tl;dr

PHIL KNOWS EVERYTHING


ihufa
Joined: 18.03.2008
Elite Grinder

As long as Gabe Kaplan is host i'll always watch it


tcs35
Joined: 31.01.2009
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by DaveWalliams

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
Phil knows everything

....except how to 3 bet AQ when he's been led into twice by Ivey. I can understand the call on the flop coz Ivey and Dwan usually call 3 bets on the flop. But I mean honestly what a nit... He should stick to tournaments or else get a new strategy for high stakes cash games. His game is too weak-passive for this bunch of cash game players.

When I saw he was on from the start I was like 'Oh no not Hellmuth.' He is funny later on in the series because he gets needled so much (esp. by Laak and Antonio) but it was clearly gonna be frustrating watching him this early in the series and it turned out to be just that.

At least we'll get to see some quality poker now he's off.

MATE you GOTTA understand THAT the DYNAMICS of POKER in NOSEBLEED stakes ARE different WHEN playing 5NL SSS.


What about seeing isildur in the next season?...it could be a long war against dwan and ivey...


Kojika
Joined: 11.02.2009
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by cojonel
What about seeing isildur in the next season?...it could be a long war against dwan and ivey...

Would be the best Poker Tv show ever ♠_love:


Originally posted by tokyoaces

PHIL IZ WATCHIN U!

Phil dominate you


Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

Originally posted by DaveWalliams

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
Phil knows everything

....except how to 3 bet AQ when he's been led into twice by Ivey. I can understand the call on the flop coz Ivey and Dwan usually call 3 bets on the flop. But I mean honestly what a nit... He should stick to tournaments or else get a new strategy for high stakes cash games. His game is too weak-passive for this bunch of cash game players.

When I saw he was on from the start I was like 'Oh no not Hellmuth.' He is funny later on in the series because he gets needled so much (esp. by Laak and Antonio) but it was clearly gonna be frustrating watching him this early in the series and it turned out to be just that.

At least we'll get to see some quality poker now he's off.

tl;dr

PHIL KNOWS EVERYTHING

....except how to 3 bet AQ


ihufa
Joined: 18.03.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by DaveWalliams

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

Originally posted by DaveWalliams

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
Phil knows everything

....except how to 3 bet AQ when he's been led into twice by Ivey. I can understand the call on the flop coz Ivey and Dwan usually call 3 bets on the flop. But I mean honestly what a nit... He should stick to tournaments or else get a new strategy for high stakes cash games. His game is too weak-passive for this bunch of cash game players.

When I saw he was on from the start I was like 'Oh no not Hellmuth.' He is funny later on in the series because he gets needled so much (esp. by Laak and Antonio) but it was clearly gonna be frustrating watching him this early in the series and it turned out to be just that.

At least we'll get to see some quality poker now he's off.

tl;dr

PHIL KNOWS EVERYTHING

....except how to 3 bet AQ

tldr


NightFrostaSS
Joined: 25.10.2008
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by ihufa

Originally posted by DaveWalliams

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

Originally posted by DaveWalliams

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
Phil knows everything

....except how to 3 bet AQ when he's been led into twice by Ivey. I can understand the call on the flop coz Ivey and Dwan usually call 3 bets on the flop. But I mean honestly what a nit... He should stick to tournaments or else get a new strategy for high stakes cash games. His game is too weak-passive for this bunch of cash game players.

When I saw he was on from the start I was like 'Oh no not Hellmuth.' He is funny later on in the series because he gets needled so much (esp. by Laak and Antonio) but it was clearly gonna be frustrating watching him this early in the series and it turned out to be just that.

At least we'll get to see some quality poker now he's off.

tl;dr

PHIL KNOWS EVERYTHING

....except how to 3 bet AQ

tldr

+1


randomdonk
Joined: 02.08.2009
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by DaveWalliams
am I missing something??

yeah, that this is not nl10


vhallee Topic starter
vhallee
Joined: 30.09.2008
PokerStrategist
Share: